Personal Finance and Investment Thread

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
It's about time we discussed a topic of great importance to everyone, viz., personal finance.

I just did a brief analysis of equity issues (stocks) which have good growth at 5 days, a few weeks and a few more weeks with relatively low P/E Ratios. My top pick was Penske Automotive Group (PAG), which I just purchased. It closed up $2.70 today at $174.92.
Price to Earnings is now 9.66. It was $129.00 in January.

All thoughtful individuals are invited to propose something equal or better, for everyone's benefit.
This could well be the most important thread in USMB for a long time. Please, make money on it.

Thanks for the tip. I used to really be into stock analysis. With all the years I have lost, I would need a miracle to ever retire with a livable salary.

PAG is up another $3.61 per share as I type this.
It has a solid history of beating earnings estimates.

First, thanks for starting this thread. It's good to just kick things around and see what others are thinking.

I tend to look more at changes in terms of percentage of investment.

The first climb looks like it was about 1.5%. That's a pretty good haul for a single day.

Being up another 3.61 is about 2%.

It's up 65% for the past year. Having climbed from 103 to 178 (as of this morning).

What is the target price ?

First, thanks for starting this thread. It's good to just kick things around and see what others are thinking.

I tend to look more at changes in terms of percentage of investment.

The first climb looks like it was about 1.5%. That's a pretty good haul for a single day.

Being up another 3.61 is about 2%.

It's up 65% for the past year. Having climbed from 103 to 178 (as of this morning).

What is the target price ?

Many groups have a "target price" but I don't see the point in it. You're supposed to do what when it hits
that 'target," sell? Suppose it keeps going up and up? Bad sale.

When I have a good gain that starts looking like Mount Everest, I take my profits and run. I hate giving money back after earning it.

It's about time we discussed a topic of great importance to everyone, viz., personal finance.

I just did a brief analysis of equity issues (stocks) which have good growth at 5 days, a few weeks and a few more weeks with relatively low P/E Ratios. My top pick was Penske Automotive Group (PAG), which I just purchased. It closed up $2.70 today at $174.92.
Price to Earnings is now 9.66. It was $129.00 in January.

All thoughtful individuals are invited to propose something equal or better, for everyone's benefit.
This could well be the most important thread in USMB for a long time. Please, make money on it.

How many shares did you purchase?

Today I added M/I Homes (MHO).

Sorry, I forgot I started this thread when I did a stock market search and found an old thread.

Forum List

Back