Persecution

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Father Time, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I've heard Christians, Atheists, Jews and Muslims all claim they've been persecuted against to various degrees, never seen much examples shown so I thought I'd make a thread.

If you think your religion is being persecuted against in the United States then please post some recent examples of such persecution*

*persecution in this sense means persecution by the law not general hatred and bias by other groups or the public in general so no rabid religious/atheist folks who despise every other religion.

2. necritan

necritan Liberals are retarded

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Would forcing priests...pastors etc etc to perform gay marriages be considered religious persecution if that type of law were passed...??

For the record....I could give to shits if gays marry btw.

3. Father Time

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Yes it would.

4. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    I think perhaps the Pawnees could feel their religion is being persecuted since it is illigal to sacrifice young girls.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints was persecuted by the law until 1890. It's followers were even invaded and threatened by the US Army in Utah in 1858. After the President fired Brigham Young as Governor of the Territory, never told him and sent the army to put down a fictitious rebellion so they could install the new Governor.

Mormons were arrested, beaten and murdered by mobs all across the Country during the 1800's Joseph Smith and his brother were arrested and allowed to be murdered by a mob. The Mormons built towns and then were forced to abandon their property when mobs attacked them, burned their houses and murdered them.

A group that no longer is a part of the Mormon Church but claims to be was persecutor in Texas just recently. They had over 450 children seized illegally, 30 of whom were grown women 18 and older. They were denied civil rights and Texas ignored the Constitution by refusing to honor birth Certificates from Utah and Arizona.

The Koresh compound saw the murder of over 80 Christians when they had actually broken no laws.

Just recently 2 School employees were arrested in Florida and JAILED , facing 6 months in jail for that horrible crime of PRAYING. The Class president who happened to be Christian was DENIED by a Judge the right to speak at the Graduation ceremony, even though that is what every class president before her had done and is part of that schools tradition. Why was she denied the right to speak, because she MIGHT have mentioned God. No evidence was presented she WOULD speak about God, the only evidence was that she was a devout Christian.

There is more but most of it never makes the national news.

6. Father Time

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Did I forget to mention that you need to post links to stories?

7. ErikViking

ErikViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Sorry:
    http://www.everyculture.com

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,012
    Then there are the gays, persecuted by the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Funny, gays are the children of, get this, Christians, Jews and Muslims. Talk about "familiy values".

9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    So are sluts, druggies, gossipers, murderers, liars, snoots and thieves, etc....or general assholes if that is the standard you are claiming for persecution. So what is your point? I don't hang with certain members of my family because I do not care for them or their ways. I don't do anything to damage them nor would I but I sure do not like their ways nor do I wish to be around them. Are you saying if someone simply does not like you or your personal habits they are persecuting you? If you are I say bullshit.

10. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    'War' on Christians Is Alleged

Columbine

Then there are the people that claim religion is a problem when actually it is simple people are a problem...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTuqXiHzZtk]YouTube - Christians Assaulted in San Francisco[/ame]