Perry To Pelosi: I want to debate you...Pelosi says no thanks

Why would Perry make such a weird request? Why would Pelosi ever want to do this? Theres nothing to gain by doing this. Weird.

Perry would make this request because he needs more traction with his republican primary voters and this both gives him media air time and, if pelosi said yes, a chance to play up to the base.

Pelosi has nothing to gain and no reason to do it.

I will give pelosi this, it was a very unorthodox request by a presidential primary canidate.

What would she have to gain by debating him? Perry should have never made the request. It makes him look desperate.

It won't hurt perry at all with the republican base that votes in the primaries, it will help him as republicans, conservatives, teapartiers, and even libertarians dislike pelosi.

Why would Perry make such a weird request? Why would Pelosi ever want to do this? Theres nothing to gain by doing this. Weird.

Perry would make this request because he needs more traction with his republican primary voters and this both gives him media air time and, if pelosi said yes, a chance to play up to the base.

Pelosi has nothing to gain and no reason to do it.

I will give pelosi this, it was a very unorthodox request by a presidential primary canidate.

What would she have to gain by debating him? Perry should have never made the request. It makes him look desperate.

It won't hurt perry at all with the republican base that votes in the primaries, it will help him as republicans, conservatives, teapartiers, and even libertarians dislike pelosi.

What you say is true but for me it makes him look desperate. She has nothing to gain by debating him I am just looking at the request and reacting to it as if it was asked to me.

He asked KNOWING FULL WELL she would say no.

He did it so right wing fools could claim she was "scared" to debate the worst debator in presidential election debates history.

That may be true, but why is is out of the question that she wouldn't debate him? I thought you liberals wanted every chance to show your superior intelligence. Why not crush him as of course anyone speaking liberal talking points would do to a pagan non believer in the liberal religion?

She did by declining. One doesn't earn any points going against a clearly inferior opponent. :cool:

So? :lol: perry needs to work on not getting drunk before giving speeches, instead of calling out random people. For one, I didn't think Nancy was running. Of course some on the right will think she has been made. In reality, most with a brain will just think Perry is drunk again.
I have never seen anyone look at syrup like that before. Lol
Pelosi mocks Perry’s debate request - 2chambers - The Washington Post

Pelosi said:
“Well, he did ask if I could debate here in Washington on Monday. It is my understanding that the letter has come in,” Pelosi said. “Monday, I’m going to be in Portland in the morning. I’m going to be visiting some of our labs in California in the afternoon. That’s two. I can’t remember what the third thing is.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGpy8tVbBQ]Pelosi Declines Rick Perry's Debate Proposal - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnHG92RD02M&feature=related]Nancy Pelosi too busy to debate Rick Perry - YouTube[/ame]

If this gets any sort of traction with the GOP base, you guys really are fucking morons that will fall for a cheap parlor trick.

Why is it a "cheap parlor trick?" Why is it out of the question one of the highest Democrats would not debate her views? You democrats keep stating it as if it's absurd and I keep asking you all why it's absurd and get no answer. Why is it absurd? She's House minority leader. She was Speaker and she rammed through Obamacare and an endless list of Democratic priorities. Why is it out of the question she'd debate that and explain her views to the American people?

Last edited:
If this gets any sort of traction with the GOP base, you guys really are fucking morons that will fall for a cheap parlor trick.

Why is it a "cheap parlor trick?" Why is it out of the question one of the highest Democrats would not debate her views? You democrats keep stating it as if it's absurd and I keep asking you all why it's absurd and get no answer. Why is it absurd? She's House minority leader. She was Speaker and she rammed through Obamacare and an endless list of Democratic priorities. Why is it out of the question she'd debate that and explain her views to the American people?

I'll repeat myself, I suppose:

That may be true, but why is is out of the question that she wouldn't debate him? I thought you liberals wanted every chance to show your superior intelligence. Why not crush him as of course anyone speaking liberal talking points would do to a pagan non believer in the liberal religion?

Because she is not running against him and it would be silly for a potential President to enter office with an adversarial relationship with the minority leader of one of the co-equal branches of government.

Perry should thank Pelosi for rejecting him and keeping him from looking like the moron that he is. He should then focus on his campaign so that he might debate the person he actually wants to beat, Obama.

I'll repeat myself, I suppose:

Because she is not running against him and it would be silly for a potential President to enter office with an adversarial relationship with the minority leader of one of the co-equal branches of government.

Perry should thank Pelosi for rejecting him and keeping him from looking like the moron that he is. He should then focus on his campaign so that he might debate the person he actually wants to beat, Obama.

Repeating your position isn't an explanation. Quoting yourself repeating your position still isn't an explanation. Though you throw the bizarre bit in at the end. Why would a debate make their relationship adversarial? Though that's silly, the woman's a complete ass to Republicans now, as if she could be worse.

You did crack me up though with the part that Pelosi would embarrass him. The woman is extremely arrogant and unpleasant and only gives canned, friendly interviews to liberal journalists. She's one of the few people who would look worse then Perry, which was clearly a factor in challenging her.

Last edited:
Perry should be grateful she said no.

The last time he was given national prominence--when the President was asked to reschedule an address to Congress so that the nation wouldn't miss then-frontrunner Perry's primary debate debut--it ended up destroying his candidacy.

Try and slink back to Texas with a shred of dignity intact, Governor. Pelosi just gave you a major assist.

Repeating your position isn't an explanation. Quoting yourself repeating your position still isn't an explanation.

An explanation is an explanation though. Even if you refuse to accept it. Why did Perry challenge Pelosi? What in the hell does she have to do with his primary run? Why not some other Democrat?

In the 230+ year history of our country has any primary candidate ever challenged someone he isn't even running against to a debate?

Though you throw the bizarre bit in at the end. Why would a debate make their relationship adversarial? Though that's silly, the woman's a complete ass to Republicans now, as if she could be worse.

Because Perry is trying to single her out for one reason only: cheap political points. It's so patently obvious that it's embarrassing.

You did crack me up though with the part that Pelosi would embarrass him. The woman is extremely arrogant and unpleasant and only gives canned, friendly interviews to liberal journalists. She's one of the few people who would look worse then Perry, which was clearly a factor in challenging her.

Simply showing up and giving the public the "What the fuck?" moment that would ensue would embarrass him.

Other than that, I have my doubts that Perry's demonstrated rhetorical skills would score him the points he thinks it would.

To think, I dismissed my Texan friends when they said "don't worry about Perry, he's a complete moron".

Looks like they were right.

Perry needs to do a better job debating the other people running for the same office he seeks. It's pointless for him to try to debate someone who isn't running for president and wouldn't be seeking the Republican nomination if she was.

Forum List

Back