Perry 32% (Romney 18% Paul 6%)...Dam*

Perry has run in 10 contests, and won 10 of them.

Romney has run in 22 contests, and only won 4.

Perry can connect with people. Romney comes off like some weird Mormon Robot.

A little harsh on Romney I think. .

Actually, that was a little harsh on the weird Mormon Robot.

In fact, I had a weird Mormon Robot show up at my door once, "I think it is harsh to compare me to Romney-0000 Click-whirrr-click- 00000 Would you like to hear about another testament of Jesus Christ?"

Let's face it, they both LOOK like pretty boy snobs, but Romney more so than Perry. They both redeem themselves when they speak, however, but Perry more so than Romney. That means on the likability meter, Perry probabnly has the edge. But even though Romney is from a pretty off the beaten path and fantical religious faith, it is Perry that is branded the 'dominist' and 'religious nut'.

Well, you see, that's their ace in the hole. They know that a Romney candidacy will do what the Democrats have always wanted. to drive a wedge between the evangelicals and the Republican Party. So they won't touch his religion at this point.

Once Romney secures the nomination, you are going to hear all about the various flavors of LDS weirdness. In fact, "Weird" is going to be a code-word for "Mormon'.

I also don't think Perry looks like a "snob". The guy strikes me as being very down to earth, a guy who grew up from humble roots and really made something of himself, unlike Romney who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

The task for those of us who DON'T want Obama for a second four years is to speak the truth every time the leftwing comes up with the exaggerations and inferred lies about all GOP candidates until we figure out which one we want to win the nomination. Once we have a nominee we will also need to be stomping on the lies because they will attempt to destroy him. I'm pretty sure the only reason right now the Left is not attacking Romney and is attacking Perry is because Perry is perceived as the greater threat.

I agree with that, but I think there's more to it than that.

I think there are a lot of folks on the left who see Obama as a dead man walking. Nobody gets re-elected with 9% unemployment, a 38% approval rating, and so on. So at a certain point, leftists have to be thinking, "If we are going to get a Republican regardless, who can we live with.... Hmmmm. John Huntsman. Yeah. John Huntsman. Oh, wait, no he's not getting any traction. Well, I guess we can live with Romney."

You are confused, Mormons are LDS but they don't go door to door, that would be Jehova's Witnesses. They are completely separate and totally different in their approach to the gospel. Living in the Bible Belt, I've tried to learn as much as I can about the different religious sects. Growing up in Chicago, everyone was Catholic. :)

Dont know about the other stuff but you forgot Amnesty and forced vaccinations against venereal warts for 9 year olds. That aside, Perry will do anything to save his political ass so maybe he wont be so bad.

When did Perry advocate amnesty, you lying sack of goat shit?

Keep ypur pet names for your mom to your self. He promotes amnesty through inaction. An act you advocated in another thread you rhino.

How do you promote amnesty through inaction, you retard? AMnesty requires positive action.
He never advocated amnesty. You cannot link any speech or article where he did so. He actually opposes the national Dream Act.
But dont let facts bother you. They never have before.

When did Perry advocate amnesty, you lying sack of goat shit?

Keep ypur pet names for your mom to your self. He promotes amnesty through inaction. An act you advocated in another thread you rhino.

How do you promote amnesty through inaction, you retard? AMnesty requires positive action.
He never advocated amnesty. You cannot link any speech or article where he did so. He actually opposes the national Dream Act.

He signed it into law rino. I linked it in other threads. The one you threatened to ignore me . You even said that it was a good thing that he supported it. Did you get any talking points from your hero Hannity ?

Rick Perry

PHOENIX, August 15, 2011- Texas Governor Rick Perry announced on Saturday that he is running for president in 2012.

Gov. Perry will undoubtedly run on his strong economic record in Texas. After all, 38% of all jobs created in the United States have been in Texas since the “recovery.”

However, what Rick Perry cannot run on is his very questionable, liberal immigration record.

Perry appears to be a strong conservative candidate, but when you dig deep into his record, a different narrative emerges.

Perry has an immigration problem.

In 2001, Perry signed into law the very first Texas “Dream ACT.” It allowed the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at any Texas university, as long as they graduated from a Texas high school.

There it is for you again simpleton. The dream act that you support rino,

Rasmussen has Perry Leading Obama by 3, it changes daily but it ain't lookin' good for the guy in the White House no matter how you spin it.

Last edited:
Rasmussen has Perry Leading Obama by 3, it changes daily but it ain't lookin' good for the guy in the White House no matter how you spin it.

No it is not, but dont count Obama out just yet. The thing is that at this point, you cant get a read on who the candidates are as they are to busy pandering to there base. One thing is for sure, when the race foe president gets going it will be a bare knuckle brawl to the very end. Romny doesn't have the balls for that, Perry does. Wonder who the VP will be?

He signed it into law rino. I linked it in other threads. The one you threatened to ignore me . You even said that it was a good thing that he supported it. Did you get any talking points from your hero Hannity ?

Rick Perry

PHOENIX, August 15, 2011- Texas Governor Rick Perry announced on Saturday that he is running for president in 2012.

Gov. Perry will undoubtedly run on his strong economic record in Texas. After all, 38% of all jobs created in the United States have been in Texas since the “recovery.”

However, what Rick Perry cannot run on is his very questionable, liberal immigration record.

Perry appears to be a strong conservative candidate, but when you dig deep into his record, a different narrative emerges.

In 2001, Perry signed into law the very first Texas “Dream ACT.” It allowed the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at any Texas university, as long as they graduated from a Texas high school.

Perry did not personally speak for or advocate the Dream Act, but it passed in the Texas State Legislature without a single 'no' vote. Now of course Perry could have vetoed the bill, but the votes were obviously there to override the veto, and good leadership can choose to not be obstinant in the face of those kinds of odds. I am reasonably certain that had the vote been close or split along party lines, he would have exercised his veto. There are times that personal ideology must be set aside when the will of the people is strongly in a different direction, and I think a good leader will do that.

As it went down, however, I can't fault him for signing the bill. It remains to be seen whether he can or will adequately explain it to the people who are anti-illegal immigration.

No it is not, but dont count Obama out just yet. The thing is that at this point, you cant get a read on who the candidates are as they are to busy pandering to there base. One thing is for sure, when the race foe president gets going it will be a bare knuckle brawl to the very end. Romny doesn't have the balls for that, Perry does. Wonder who the VP will be?

Rubio??

Rick Perry

Perry did not personally speak for or advocate the Dream Act, but it passed in the Texas State Legislature without a single 'no' vote. Now of course Perry could have vetoed the bill, but the votes were obviously there to override the veto, and good leadership can choose to not be obstinant in the face of those kinds of odds. I am reasonably certain that had the vote been close or split along party lines, he would have exercised his veto. There are times that personal ideology must be set aside when the will of the people is strongly in a different direction, and I think a good leader will do that.

As it went down, however, I can't fault him for signing the bill. It remains to be seen whether he can or will adequately explain it to the people who are anti-illegal immigration.

And that is all I am saying. Thank you for knowing what you are talking about. Among the Texans I know, this issue has been a big let down. One thing is for sure, he will have to come down on one side or the other real soon.

Naturegirl, I like Rubio, but I hate to think that he will be covered in the shit that's going to fly during the 2012 election.

Could be flavor of month thing. The man hasn't had a debate yet. You know early on Cain shot to the top, Bachmann got in and she shot to the top. Then the buzz was Perry and he shot to the top. We are 6 LONG Months away from Iowa!

Perry jumps to top of another national poll

By Domenico Montanaro, Political Reporter, NBC News

Rick Perry has shot to the top of yet another national poll.

The Texas governor now leads in a new CNN/Opinion Research poll 32%-18% over Mitt Romney.

Rep. Michele Bachmann is third with 12%. No one else cracks double digits.

Newt Gingrich pulls in 7%, Rep. Ron Paul 6%, Herman Cain 3%, Gary Johnson 2%, Jon Huntsman, Rick Santorum, and Thaddeus McCotter all at 1%. Neither Huntsman nor Santorum has been able to break through despite full-fledged, on-the-ground campaigning.

Perry up by 7.2% in the RCP: to be expected right now Interesting in that, though, is that Fox has Romney up by 8 points. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

Obama is up a half point in the RCP of BHO versus the Republican candidate universe. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate

Half a point is a statistical tie. Apropos. I think 2012 is going to be extremely close.

Both sides are going to campaign hard, long, and viciously as the day draws near.

Yes, it is going to be close.

32% ???

Perry gets his big examination at the debates next Wednesday. Expect him to fall back to the pack when Republicans figure out?...

1. Perry does not walk on water
2. Perry is not that bright

32% ???

Perry gets his big examination at the debates next Wednesday. Expect him to fall back to the pack when Republicans figure out?...

I dont know that any politician is stupid. I dont like that Perry is now considered the new right wing messiah, as was Paul, as was Romney, as was Bachmann, you get the idea. Folks need to watch the debates (most dont) instead of getting the highlights off the news. In the end the choice will most likely be between a big fat douche or a giant turd sandwich.

32% ???

I dont know that any politician is stupid. I dont like that Perry is now considered the new right wing messiah, as was Paul, as was Romney, as was Bachmann, you get the idea. Folks need to watch the debates (most dont) instead of getting the highlights off the news. In the end the choice will most likely be between a big fat douche or a giant turd sandwich.

Flavor of the month......people still do not know Perry

Put him in the debates as the GOP frontrunner and let him explain his positions on evolution, secession, the Fed, Bernacke, Social Security, gays, Global Warming

Then let's see if he is still the frontrunner

32% ???

Put him in the debates as the GOP frontrunner and let him explain his positions on evolution, secession, the Fed, Bernacke, Social Security, gays, Global Warming

I am far more interested in hearing him explain his positions on job creation, curbing unnecessary spending, balancing the budget, and shrinking the size, scope, and power of the federal government.

The rest of all that stuff can wait to be hashed out later, and, if his positions are unpopular, they won't have any effect whatsoever.

I am far more interested in hearing him explain his positions on job creation, curbing unnecessary spending, balancing the budget, and shrinking the size, scope, and power of the federal government.

The rest of all that stuff can wait to be hashed out later, and, if his positions are unpopular, they won't have any effect whatsoever.

That's all you want? I could give you that right now

Job creation? Cut taxes
Curbing unnecesary spending? kill all social programs
Balance the budget ? Cut taxes and kill social programs
Shrink Government? kill all social programs

See? You didn't even have to wait till next Wedesday

That's all you want? I could give you that right now

Job creation? Cut taxes
Curbing unnecesary spending? kill all social programs
Balance the budget ? Cut taxes and kill social programs
Shrink Government? kill all social programs

See? You didn't even have to wait till next Wedesday

Provided he does it slowly, carefully, and incrementally as it has all accrued so that we do not break faith with those we have made dependent on government, that's exactly what I want to hear from whomever I vote for.

Forum List

Back