PERPETUAL WAR: Trump Orders Troops To Somalia...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Another day, another war i guess. I gotta say, i'm a little disappointed in Trump. Everywhere you look, he seems to be escalating tension and conflict. It's getting pretty ugly. You can't help but have a sinking ominous feeling in your gut. Some very dark times could be coming soon. I hate to be all 'Doom & Gloom', but the future does look pretty bleak.

What are your thoughts?

The US is sending "dozens" of additional troops to Somalia to train and equip the Somali National Army and the forces participating in the African Union Mission in Somalia there. In an email to CNN, Charles Chuck Prichard, a spokesperson for US Africa Command, confirmed the deployment Friday, saying that the deployment of "a few dozen troops from the 101st Airborne Division" came "at the request and in close coordination with" the government of Somalia.

"The objective of this particular train and equip mission is to improve the logistical capacity of the Somali National Army and the focus will be on teaching basic logistics operations, which will allow Somalia forces to better fight al Shabaab," the spokesman added.

The US troops will join the small number of US special operations forces already there providing counterterrorism support to local forces battling the local al Qaeda affiliate, al Shabaab. That advisory mission has been underway for several years...

US sending dozens more troops to Somalia - CNNPolitics.com

It's getting to the point where if you had believed NOTHING Trump said during the campaign, you'd be closer to the truth than having believed everything he said.

So much for his America First non interventionist campaign promises.
Still better than Hillary but not by much

It's getting to the point where if you had believed NOTHING Trump said during the campaign, you'd be closer to the truth than having believed everything he said.

Well, i haven't thrown in the towel on him just yet. But i am somewhat disappointed in him. He seems to be itching for more war. And i worried about that happening, when i saw who he allowed in his Administration. It appears the Neocon Warmongers are influencing him very heavily. They're leading him into bloody disaster. He could go the Bush-route. I feared that could happen.

"Dozens more troops" ...Really? We're freaking out over DOZENS?
Oh My God... It's WW3!

I think a LOT of what Trump is doing is to send a message to both our allies and enemies that our foreign policy is going to be dramatically different than the past 8 years. We're not going to appease and pussyfoot anymore. Those days are over.

I really don't think Trump is going to get us involved in some long protracted war. IF we send troops in somewhere, we're gonna get in and get the hell out quickly. I imagine that's what is behind this deal in Somalia... send in the right people, get the damn job done, and get the hell out of there.

People are going to criticize everything he does with the military... even his own supporters. But one of his campaign promises was to eliminate ISIS. You can't do that with cruise missiles alone. It's impossible without assets on the ground. And there will probably be casualties and we'll have to hear the wailing and agonizing over that as well. The reality is, this threat of ISIS is serious and we have to get our boots dirty to eliminate it. Sorry.... hold on, the ride may get bumpy, but we're gonna be alright.

Destroying Obama's homeland, Kenya/Somalia is the icing on the cake. Somalian pirates and their infrastructure should not exist. They have cost the civilized world hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing.

Part of the America First concept means making the Earth a safe place to travel and trade in.

Oh My God... It's WW3!

I think a LOT of what Trump is doing is to send a message to both our allies and enemies that our foreign policy is going to be dramatically different than the past 8 years. We're not going to appease and pussyfoot anymore. Those days are over.

I really don't think Trump is going to get us involved in some long protracted war. IF we send troops in somewhere, we're gonna get in and get the hell out quickly. I imagine that's what is behind this deal in Somalia... send in the right people, get the damn job done, and get the hell out of there.

People are going to criticize everything he does with the military... even his own supporters. But one of his campaign promises was to eliminate ISIS. You can't do that with cruise missiles alone. It's impossible without assets on the ground. And there will probably be casualties and we'll have to hear the wailing and agonizing over that as well. The reality is, this threat of ISIS is serious and we have to get our boots dirty to eliminate it. Sorry.... hold on, the ride may get bumpy, but we're gonna be alright.

No one gives a fuck about Somalia, no need to waste time or money over there!

Libs - "military action is bad, unless a Democrat initiates it. Then it's OK to just ignore it."

Oh My God... It's WW3!

Many terrorists come from Somalia

Oh My God... It's WW3!

Well, the thing about Somalia is the presence of ISIS. You can't let them have Somalia! Look at a map sometime... it's a strategic asset we can't allow to fall into the hands of the bad guys.

Look... I'm a libertarian.. I understand this isolationist idea... but the truth of the matter is, we have some big problems in the world that we need to address. We can't just throw up our hands and not give a shit. Our nation did that once before and the world went to hell in a hand basket, then we had to expend nearly an entire generation trying to save ourselves from tyranny. We can't be the world's police but we can take care of this bunch of radical Islamic nutbags.

yep he is no different than each president we have had since Lyndon Johnson,every president from johnson to Obama and now Trump,has served the bankers and Isreal instead of the people.thats why they have all stayed alive.kennedy was our last REAL president we had because he served the people instead of the bankers and isreal which is why he was killed and why each president since then has stayed alive. I was hoping against hope that Trump would be our first real president since him,not to be though and no surprise.

Forum List

Back