Per Eye Doctor: TV & Fabric Softener

Kim

Aug 7, 2008
Just a little interesting FYI:

TV: I learned that I have a slight stigmatism (spelling?). The doctor said to avoid making it worse, watch TV straight on, not from an angle. Also, not to watch TV lying down because that forces the eyes to adjust the image.

Fabric Softener: The reason it makes your clothes feel softer is because it contains little burrs that scratch the fabric which frays the fibers and the frayed fibers feel softer than new fabric. Those same little burrs than wear out your clothes faster can scratch the lenses on your eyeglasses. So, no cleaning your eyeglasses with those fabrics.

Interesting, huh?

that is why cleaning your glasses with your shirt....will scratch them...now is this any fabric softener liquird of sheet ....seems like that would really cause the clothes to wear fast.

TV: I learned that I have a slight stigmatism (spelling?). The doctor said to avoid making it worse, watch TV straight on, not from an angle. Also, not to watch TV lying down because that forces the eyes to adjust the image.

Fabric Softener: The reason it makes your clothes feel softer is because it contains little burrs that scratch the fabric which frays the fibers and the frayed fibers feel softer than new fabric. Those same little burrs than wear out your clothes faster can scratch the lenses on your eyeglasses. So, no cleaning your eyeglasses with those fabrics.

Interesting, huh?

Clothes and linen washed with fabric softener makes my eyes itch horrible--thank you for explaining why I haven't used it for years.

"i do not trust a man who can only spell a word one way" mark twain

Generally I'm sympathetic to that given that I think proper spelling is for the weak.

However in this case for the want of an "A" the meaning is not only lost, but reversed.

If someone has stigmatism, their eyes are working properly.

When the focus is not right then they have astigmatism.

How does fabric softener make your laundry soft? | Odeo: Search, Discover and Share Digital Media from Millions of Audio and Video Clips

I did some research and couldn't find anything to back up your claim--some have a lot of nasty chemicals in them but I didn't find a single link that mentioned burrs or anything that frays fibers.

WEll.. it does make your stuff fluffier.

I used it because it makes it easier to fold the cloths such that they don't end up all wrinkled.

I haven't ironed anything since 1972, so folding clothes is about the best I can do.

Interesting, huh?

Interesting, yes. Factual...unsure.

But life is short and I love the soft feel and wonderful smell of clothing and bedding rinsed in fabric softener.

Forum List

Back