Penske Buys Saturn

Are you kidding me? Saturn was the only bright spot in General Motors worth buying, hard to believe that good ole Roger Smith actually turned out to be rather visionary with his support of creating the division in the first place.

Maybe ole fat bottom (Micheal Moore) owes Roger an Apology ? ;)

People like you just want the entire economy to collapse so that you can have your See?we told ya so GOTCHA MOMENTS.

If you and your ilk had all the answers, then why the hell didn't you see the demise of GM coming? Or the big financial institutions for that matter?

Months ago there were many, many saying that GM should file Chap. 11 because dumping billions into it is a waste and will only prolong the inevitable. Turns out the many were right. Too bad TPTB refused to listen.

months,,, and years even people tried to tell Deeeetroit city to build effecient cars and that they were pricing themselves outta the market.... and also with the housing, Republicans tried to stop it and the Dems either denied the problem or blocked steps to stop it. and course as goes the housing so go the banks,, kaput!

Toyota produced a Prius,, GM????? A hummer! and we the people get screwed.

hopefully Saturn can become a bright spot in this mess. .

Are you kidding me? Saturn was the only bright spot in General Motors worth buying, hard to believe that good ole Roger Smith actually turned out to be rather visionary with his support of creating the division in the first place.

People like you just want the entire economy to collapse so that you can have your See?we told ya so GOTCHA MOMENTS.

If you and your ilk had all the answers, then why the hell didn't you see the demise of GM coming? Or the big financial institutions for that matter?

sounds lioke YOU fucking assholes for the last EIGHT FUCKING YEARS
deal with it, like we had to, BITCH

Months ago there were many, many saying that GM should file Chap. 11 because dumping billions into it is a waste and will only prolong the inevitable. Turns out the many were right. Too bad TPTB refused to listen.

I meant YEARS ago, not months ago.

Of course you did. :rolleyes:

Government should not be propping up companies that bring failure upon themselves. If they fail, they fail; something better will come along. Government sure the hell isn't it.

hopefully Saturn can become a bright spot in this mess. .

That was real civil all righty! :lol:

thats exactly it
maggie is too fucking stupid to understand that WE(conservatives) said this WAY back when Bush was doing it
shes just thinking that somehow, Obama can do what Bush did that didnt work, and all of a sudden it turns into gold

months,,, and years even people tried to tell Deeeetroit city to build effecient cars and that they were pricing themselves outta the market.... and also with the housing, Republicans tried to stop it and the Dems either denied the problem or blocked steps to stop it. and course as goes the housing so go the banks,, kaput!

I never, ever understood the reasoning behind the Hummer for personal use. I mean - WTF where they thinking?

I meant YEARS ago, not months ago.
WE did bitch

thats exactly it
maggie is too fucking stupid to understand that WE(conservatives) said this WAY back when Bush was doing it
shes just thinking that somehow, Obama can do what Bush did that didnt work, and all of a sudden it turns into gold

Dive - sshhh. They already think he is a god, don't give 'em the idea that he's midas too. They'll run with it!!

I never, ever understood the reasoning behind the Hummer for personal use. I mean - WTF where they thinking?
people we buying the military version, there was a market for it
it was a sound decision at the time
things changed, gas went up to nearly $5 a gal

thats exactly it

Dive - sshhh. They already think he is a god, don't give 'em the idea that he's midas too. They'll run with it!!
well, i look at it as they think he is "the golden child" (btw, great movie with Eddie Murphy)
and everything that is dead just needs the Obama touch to spring to life again

Why? I mean, people really wanted a big military vehicle to go to the store and buy milk?

Now that Penske owns Saturn, does this mean uncle is out of their picture?

no! if I'm not mistaken our government will still build the Saturn.. so I ain't buying no Saturn neither.

Well crap I thought the sale meant the damn government was out of it.

I'm sticking with the Honda and Toyota.
its unknown at this point
Penske didnt buy the production facitilies(WTF????) with the name
so we dont know how or where they will be built

Why? I mean, people really wanted a big military vehicle to go to the store and buy milk?
some people had more money than brains

some people had more money than brains

You got that right! I see a Hummer I steer clear of it. Don't want to be on the receiving end of an accident with those things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/business/06saturn.html

He will initially buy Saturn cars from G.M., under the terms. But he is expected to eventually buy cars from other carmakers.

Along with the Saturn brand, Penske Automotive is acquiring the Saturn parts inventory and the right to sell vehicles through the Saturn dealership network.

the way I read this,, GM will still produce Saturns and Penskey will buy them from GM and sell them in his dealerships.. I guess what he bought was the "brand name Saturn"?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/business/06saturn.html

He will initially buy Saturn cars from G.M., under the terms. But he is expected to eventually buy cars from other carmakers.

Along with the Saturn brand, Penske Automotive is acquiring the Saturn parts inventory and the right to sell vehicles through the Saturn dealership network.

the way I read this,, GM will still produce Saturns and Penskey will buy them from GM and sell them in his dealerships.. I guess what he bought was the "brand name Saturn"?
which means that eventually, you wont know WHO is building your saturn car

doubt if i will ever buy one, not that i ever did before

Personally, I think Penske did a pretty intelligent thing here. He is actually setting a new trend in the Auto business where the brand name is owned by the distribution company and GM actually becomes just another supplier. It gives Saturn the chance to be flexible and fast on it's feet to respond to the market. They don't have to be tied to GM let's say if Toyota offers Saturn a better vehicle to rebrand that can be built here in the United States. I also think if this was done with the other GM divisions the company as well as the American taxypayers would be much better off.

Forum List

Back