Penske Buys Saturn

I'm wondering if this is sort of like Carroll Shelby taking the factory built Mustang and altering it, then putting his name on it? No, I am not suggesting the Saturn built by Penske will ever be as powerful as the GT-500, but the same type of business deal.

It's really difficult to say what this will mean. To me, it is unfortunate that GM let Saturn go. I felt Saturn had become the second best line after Cadillac. The big problem is that this new Saturn will be a completely different Saturn as the sale does not include the plants where Saturns are manufactured. So they will now try to find another company to actually manufacture their vehicles. That could mean completely different models than the current ones.

I had recently considered purchasing a Saturn, but that all changes now. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Back when I used to buy Chrysler, I had a line I used to mock myself with when talking cars: I'd say "Once you own a Chrysler, you'll never own anything else.....(long pause then)...That's because no one will take it as a trade in."
LOL

Ain't that the truth!!

I honestly don't think so Soaring, I personally think this is more along the lines of what you see i nthe computer business with companies that have other build their computers for them and then market them under a unified brand name. It's my understanding that because Saturn will be pretty much a marketing and distribution company of automobiles it will be able to pick and choose from an engineering standpoint who can make the best car and produce it for them so they can then attach a Saturn logo to it, interesting idea I think and good one too if it works. It would be nice to see Saturn look at smaller companies too like Tesla and brand them under a Saturn name. The one bright spot about this it turns GM into a pure supplier of cars and not a distributor allowing them to concentrate on making cars. It's just sad this model could not have been applied to all the other GM divisions.

months,,, and years even people tried to tell Deeeetroit city to build effecient cars and that they were pricing themselves outta the market.... and also with the housing, Republicans tried to stop it and the Dems either denied the problem or blocked steps to stop it. and course as goes the housing so go the banks,, kaput!

Toyota produced a Prius,, GM????? A hummer! and we the people get screwed.

I never, ever understood the reasoning behind the Hummer for personal use. I mean - WTF where they thinking?
people we buying the military version, there was a market for it
it was a sound decision at the time
things changed, gas went up to nearly $5 a gal

And today the gas is up to $2.68 again and climbing. Perhaps we should build two configurations of transportation vehicles, one for those months when oil per barrel is outta sight and the other when it's manageable at the gas station. Decisions decisions.

I never, ever understood the reasoning behind the Hummer for personal use. I mean - WTF where they thinking?
people we buying the military version, there was a market for it
it was a sound decision at the time
things changed, gas went up to nearly $5 a gal

And today the gas is up to $2.68 again and climbing. Perhaps we should build two configurations of transportation vehicles, one for those months when oil per barrel is outta sight and the other when it's manageable at the gas station. Decisions decisions.
well, maybe we should restart drilling our own oil and building nuke power plants
as well as researching new alternatives
why do we need to forgo using what we know exists while suffering to wait for something better?

thats just not a logical reason

Forum List

Back