Penn And Teller Trash Mother Teresa

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Brent Bozell

June 3, 2005

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/brentbozell/printbb20050603.shtml

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I am going to go and riot somewhere. Yes I am, right now!

Seriously, I think this sucks. However, would not harm anyone, unless witholding friendship is hurting them; much less kill anyone.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Could they have picked a worse target??? Saintly, frail, and dead now, a woman who dedicated her life to living in squaller and tending to those afflicted with aids in third world countries never worrying about herself. My goodness!!!

Viacom as the the bastian of free speech... Hmm? well then how about broadcasting "The Passion" and some follow up Mel Gibson interviews????

4. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    They won't broadcast The Passion but I bet they will show an interview with Mel's dad.

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    saw the show ... they went after ghandi and a few others ....

we should have them drawn a quartered

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Then burn their remains and scatter them to the ends of the earth...

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i thought you stuck thier heads on a pike at the gates to the bush compund?

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You have to wonder why such seething hatred for unhatable people??? They have been fortunate in their lives with a modecum of fame and fortune, why so bitter?

Never will understand that!!

9. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Looks like a good example of the double standards that we all are well aware of:

Hatred is a sin of the Right, not the Left. The Left, after all, is just full of enlightenment and compassion. When the Right accuses the Left of Hatred (as in this example), it is because the Right has no sense of humor. Of course, any example of hatred by the Left is because of misunderstanding, close mindedness. Of course, Stalin's purges were not mass murder, they were "a mistake", Castro isn't a brutal thug dictator that has exploited the Cuban people like a robber baron of old, he's just misunderstood, Yassir Arafat, he was a freedom fighter who stood up to the Zionist conspiracy that is Israel, the United Nations is full of compassionate, all knowing, unbiased bureaucrats who are above graft and corruption, anyone who criticizes the UN is a unilateralist (which is something like an imperialist, a colonialist, or a capitalist, except more "icky")

Bigotry also is a sin of the Right. The Left is all inclusive and all embracing. The Left loves everyone, everyone except for Catholics, Evangelical Christians, Orthodox Jews (well, perhaps Jews in general), Republicans, free market types, conservatives, talk show hosts that espouse conservative ideas, women who stay at home to raise their children, home schoolers, Catholic priests, President Bush, Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, Janice Brown, Condi Rice, conservative justices in general, Mel Gibson, Jesus Christ, most Christian saints, anyone that says the rosary, pro-life advocates, anti-stem cell research types, Ann Coulter, David Horowitz (and any ex-Lefties), my Mom, your Mom (unless she had you aborted), heterosexuals, nuns, monks, oil company executives, CEOs, black people with conservative ideas (e.g. Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Walter E. Williams and others that I've already mentioned), the Military, Joseph McCarthy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan, white men, men in general, white people in general, people from Europe, Rev. Billy Graham, the Pope, Oliver North, ex-gays, you, me, women who are conservative, men who are conservative, anyone that owns their own business, anyone that believes that America is a source of good in the world, patriotic people, anyone that flies the American flag, veterans (except the ones who were affected by Agent Orange)..... anyone that posts on USMB, cadets at West Point, Annapolis, the Air Force acadamy, the Citadel or the Virgina Military Academy, ROTCs, Terri Schiavo (or anyone on a feeding tube), embryos or fetuses in general, land developers, corporations, stock holders, people who wear WWJD bracelets (as "What Would Jesus Do") and......

anyone who disagrees with anything, even slightly, with the Left and its agenda.

Except for those people (and a couple of million other examples that I might have forgotten about), the Left likes you just fine ....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Puzzling indeed. While the Catholic church is certainly a fertile venue for criticism due to events of the last ten years, picking on Mother Teresa is pretty much like kicking a puppy. The woman dedicated her life to relieving the suffering of poor people throughout the world. So I can only surmise that these people chose to attack her for much the same reasons that South Park chooses it's program topics - they believe that it will generate ratings. It seems that the current theory in the media is that the more outrageous and offensive a program is, the more attention it will draw.

I will place a small bet - my guess is these same people who trash Mother Teresa will rise up in indignation and characterize as heartless bigots those of us who criticize the violence and hatred taught by the moslem faith.