Penn and Teller on the value of a college education

Education and college have nothing to do with one another.

Bull Shit

More Conservative "College is a waste" propaganda.

Take two identical groups of students graduating High School. Send one group to College/Trade School and send the other group into the workforce without training.

Tell me which group will do better

Apprenticeships are just as effective as trade school.

And for many college is a waste of money. Just ask anyone with a BA in women's studies.

Hey Sherlock, how many trade schools help you get an apprenticeship? All of them?

No wonder right wingers believe so much BS their leaders spew. Because they have no real experience with education. Sad. Sad and pitiful.

Bull Shit

Take two identical groups of students graduating High School. Send one group to College/Trade School and send the other group into the workforce without training.

And for many college is a waste of money. Just ask anyone with a BA in women's studies.

Hey Sherlock, how many trade schools help you get an apprenticeship? All of them?

No wonder right wingers believe so much BS their leaders spew. Because they have no real experience with education. Sad. Sad and pitiful.

Why pay for a trade school when you can learn and earn as you go?

It ain't rocket science.

If you want to be a plumber then work for one. When you know enough take the licensing exam. No debt, no loans.

I know that's tough for someone as "educated" as you to understand but try anyway.

And I don't really know who you think "right wingers" are but try to refrain from pigeonholing me into your two dimensional paradigm. Oh and I have plenty of experience in education and i have the degrees to prove it and I'm smart enough to know that not everyone needs to go to college to get an education.

Education and college have nothing to do with one another.

Bull Shit

How many of those graduating High School students without trade school experience would get that apprenticeship vs those who went to trade school? Apprenticeships are hard to come by

So, Womens Studies is a waste of money foor some which somehow proves that all college is a waste of money....

Now, show where the group of High School only kids will do better than the kids with further education

Last edited:

It ain't rocket science.

If you want to be a plumber then work for one. When you know enough take the licensing exam. No debt, no loans.

I know that's tough for someone as "educated" as you to understand but try anyway.

And I don't really know who you think "right wingers" are but try to refrain from pigeonholing me into your two dimensional paradigm. Oh and I have plenty of experience in education and i have the degrees to prove it and I'm smart enough to know that not everyone needs to go to college to get an education.

Ask the Plummer who he is going to select to be his apprentice. The kid with trade school experience or the kid without it

Bull Shit

How many of those graduating High School students without trade school experience would get that apprenticeship vs those who went to trade school? Apprenticeships are hard to come by

Says you. I know a dozen people who are licensed tadesmen and they are crying for help right now.
So, Womens Studies is a waste of money foor some which somehow proves that all college is a waste of money....

That's your inference not my implication. Don't try to push your dimwitted conclusions as my statements

Now, show where the group of High School only kids will do better than the kids with further education

Education and formal schooling are not one in the same. I know that's hard for you to understand but keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

Conservatives want College educations only to be available to the wealthiest Americans. Just like it used to be. The rest of America they just say...Suck it up....thats your problem

Wrongwinger, you're so full of shit you're eyes are brown. The problem with you is that you think a college education magically creates high paying jobs for everyone who gets one.....when the reality is that we have lots of college graduates without even a low paying job. A good education is only part of the answer, but liberals want to believe it is a magic pill. Pumping out thousands and thousands or art and history majors does not necassarily equate to employable people. Tell me the employment rate and earnability of an english major as opposed to a mechanical engineer or even a HVAC guy? Liberal arts and critical thinking skills will always be needed, but they have to be married to the skills and knowledge of jobs of the present and future. And that is a combination of college and trade schools. This is something conservatives understand and value. Liberals just want to pump kids thru college for the sake of pumping them thru college thinking it translates into a job. This isn't unlike the same idea that welfare and food stamps will lift people out of poverty. It hasn't. Stop trying the same old failed policies.

Stop repeating bullshit. People will think you are too weak minded to overcome the propaganda.

Oh my, I'm devastated! Your valuable opinion means so much to everyone at USMB, how will I cope? :lmao:

Conservatives want College educations only to be available to the wealthiest Americans. Just like it used to be. The rest of America they just say...Suck it up....thats your problem

Wrongwinger, you're so full of shit you're eyes are brown. The problem with you is that you think a college education magically creates high paying jobs for everyone who gets one.....when the reality is that we have lots of college graduates without even a low paying job. A good education is only part of the answer, but liberals want to believe it is a magic pill. Pumping out thousands and thousands or art and history majors does not necassarily equate to employable people. Tell me the employment rate and earnability of an english major as opposed to a mechanical engineer or even a HVAC guy? Liberal arts and critical thinking skills will always be needed, but they have to be married to the skills and knowledge of jobs of the present and future. And that is a combination of college and trade schools. This is something conservatives understand and value. Liberals just want to pump kids thru college for the sake of pumping them thru college thinking it translates into a job. This isn't unlike the same idea that welfare and food stamps will lift people out of poverty. It hasn't. Stop trying the same old failed policies.

I know, its incredible isn't it?

These ass holes just make shit up and throw it out there as though if they say it it is true no doubts allowed.

Well, they voted for Obama......twice.......they'll fall for anything.

Stop repeating bullshit. People will think you are too weak minded to overcome the propaganda.

Rdean, everyone here except the noobs and libtards know that you are a partisan leftwing fascist and could not care less what you try to think.

Everyone except libtards and noobs? You mean real people, like you? Smart people, like you? Honest people, like you?

Seriously dude. Look at what you wrote. You're a fool. Don't you know that? Read your nonsense out loud and see if that helps.

I found a picture of your translator and typist. Keep up the good work rderp. :thup:

View attachment $untitled.bmp

It ain't rocket science.

I'm sure you do have a degree. A "BS" degree. I like good "skull".

Last edited by a moderator:
Rdean, everyone here except the noobs and libtards know that you are a partisan leftwing fascist and could not care less what you try to think.

Everyone except libtards and noobs? You mean real people, like you? Smart people, like you? Honest people, like you?

Seriously dude. Look at what you wrote. You're a fool. Don't you know that? Read your nonsense out loud and see if that helps.

I found a picture of your translator and typist. Keep up the good work rderp. :thup:

View attachment 26518

They resort to personal attacks when all they have are lies. Sad. Sad and pitiful.

Yup....Conservatives love education

As long as it is abolish the Dept of Education and Homeschool for everyone

There was Education before the Department of Education. One does not have to be old enough to remember.

Meaning squat

The US has a hodgepodge of education with communities giving varying emphasis on education. Sadly, the poorest performing schools tend to be in those Red States most intent on eliminating the Dept of Education

Performance in terms of what? That term is misleading the way you are using it.

It ain't rocket science.

2 Bachelor's and a Master's

Oh and I did it without financial aid and without Mommy and Daddy footing the bill.

View attachment 26518

They resort to personal attacks when all they have are lies. Sad. Sad and pitiful.

Not at all. You're free to search the site to see my serious answers to serious posters. You on the other hand don't deserve a serious answer because you aren't a serious poster. You are a troll and partisan hack. My "attacks" are apropos for your level of posts. Quit being the douche you usually are and you might get better responses.

And by the way, if you look at what I responded to, you'll see that it was a personal attack from YOU.

Last edited:

It ain't rocket science.

Oh and I did it without financial aid and without Mommy and Daddy footing the bill.

I doubt he will be able to believe you.

People who think education only takes place in a school have to be told what to think.

Let's see...

Nobody is claiming education only takes place in the classroom
Nobody is claiming everyone must or should get a college education
Nobody is claiming that vocational school is not a good option

So who are you arguing with, other than yourself?

People who think education only takes place in a school have to be told what to think.

Let's see...

Nobody is claiming everyone must or should get a college education
Nobody is claiming that vocational school is not a good option

So who are you arguing with, other than yourself?

Then why is it every time someone says that people don't need to go to college do you bring out the hackneyed "conservative disdain for education" spiel?

i doubt he will be able to believe you.

people who think education only takes place in a school have to be told what to think.

let's see...

nobody is claiming everyone must or should get a college education
nobody is claiming that vocational school is not a good option

so who are you arguing with, other than yourself?

[youtube]3246f145161e3d52f[/youtube]

Forum List

Back