Pelosi Slams Jobs Report: ‘Strong Employment Numbers Mean Little’

Pelosi is just channeling the Right a few years ago.
The dems spent eight years saying crap job creation was a booming economy. Now they’re saying an actual booming economy is no good.

Repubs spent 8 years saying the methods used to calculate unemployment numbers were wrong, and made the employment situation look much better than it was. We are still using the exact same methods. Were you lying then, or are you lying now?
Are these methods no longer any good? Maybe maybe not but they were good enough for you the last eight years so we’re using them now. Apples to apples and all right?

All the more reason why we should point out exactly the same things you pointed out with Obama. Your ilk is fond of saying "we won" We both know what you did works. Why are you whining about whether it's accurate at this point? I suspect you will be reminded of lots of claims the right made over the years of Obama's presidency. For now, that low participation rate seems to be a real problem. How can you claim a good economy when almost half of the country isn't even participating in the job market?

Please see the upcoming Gross Domestic Product. That's how!

Sure. Tell me all about that GDP
upload_2018-6-2_23-43-31.png

t’s the same as it was under Obama, are you saying the economy was bad under Obama?

During which of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's years in office did he have a single year with a GDP above 3 percent?

The economy wasn't bad it was malaise, stagnant.

It fluctuated, as always, but yes, he had well above that several times. Often hovering just above or below 4% and even above 5% for a while in 2014.

You're using FAKE numbers. How can you claim a good economy when almost half of the country isn't even participating in the job market? Wealth inequality has exploded under Trump. The rich are MUCH richer, and the middle class is losing ground. How is that good for the average working man?
Ok you’re drunk.

Which part do you question?

The part where you BS everyone.

Can you be a little more specific?

Sure, one minute you say they're using the same methods as Obama did, then you're saying they're fake numbers. Can't make it any clearer.

I'm repeating the same claims made by Trump and the right wing concerning those numbers in the same exact context. Do you think that is somehow misleading now in a way that wasn't misleading then?

The right did. It's one of the main things Trump railed about. He's done nothing to improve it. Why?

Really? Even as a Progressive, how can you cheer for the failure of the United States while great, not just good, but great things are happening?

The May jobs report is great news for everyone — except Democrats running for office
  • Friday's monthly employment report was great news for anyone looking for a job in America – unless you happen to be a Democrat running for Congress.
  • That's because voters who are employed are historically more likely to favor incumbents than those who are out of work.
  • With the jobless rate now down to 3.8 percent, Democrats in 435 House districts and 35 Senate races face a major challenge as they try to unseat Republican majorities in both chambers.
John W. Schoen | @johnwschoen
Published 1:05 PM ET Fri, 1 June 2018 Updated 2:44 PM ET Fri, 1 June 2018

The May jobs report is great news for everyone — except Democrats running for office

According to Trump, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Oreiley, those numbers are fake, and don't reflect the real unemployment rate. According to them, and all the previous right wing campaign material, there is no way that can be right when nearly half the population is unemployed, and not even looking for a job. You don't remember all the times that was pointed out during Obama's administration.

Ok you’re drunk.

Sure, one minute you say they're using the same methods as Obama did, then you're saying they're fake numbers. Can't make it any clearer.

I'm repeating the same claims made by Trump and the right wing concerning those numbers in the same exact context. Do you think that is somehow misleading now in a way that wasn't misleading then?

Absolutely, if you felt they were legit 2 years ago, you ought to find them legit now.

Absolutely, if you felt they were legit 2 years ago, you ought to find them legit now.

You'll note, I haven't said which view I think is legit. Only that this is what the right wing has spent lots of time claiming was legit. If you don't agree with your previous views now, what made you change your mind? Don't you think you should at least be consistent in your claims?

Exactly how is it misleading now in a way that was not misleading 2 years ago?

You'll note, I haven't said which view I think is legit. Only that this is what the right wing has spent lots of time claiming was legit. If you don't agree with your previous views now, what made you change your mind? Don't you think you should at least be consistent in your claims?

Don't ya just hate it when people talk in circles, I know I do.

Sorry if you are confused. Were you lying about unemployment numbers a couple of years ago, or are you lying about them now?

Sorry if you are confused. Were you lying about unemployment numbers a couple of years ago, or are you lying about them now?

Not confused at all, go find someone else to play your games.

Not confused at all, go find someone else to play your games.

It's not my game. It's yours. You played it all through Obama's presidency. What's wrong? You don't want to play any more? Explain why Trump's employment numbers shouldn't be judged in the same way and held to the same expectations that you held Obama's to.

I thought the participation rate was of utmost importance, and Trump was going to fix that. After all, he said the published rates are bullshit anyway.
View attachment 196366

I thought the economy is still Obama’s because of the “employment trends”. Did I miss something?

Make up your mind.

In another thread the left nuts were saying the employment numbers are Obama’s? Are you saying it’s now Trump’s economy?

Trump hasn't improved unemployment anywhere near what he claimed he would. Why not?

Can you answer the two questions I posed? You seem to be avoiding a direct response. Are the current unemployment numbers Obama’s or are they now Trump’s? Is the economy now Trump’s? And in another post you claimed the economy was not good and cited the employment participation rate being high as proof, which is the same rate Obama’s was, are you now saying the Obama economy was poor?

t’s the same as it was under Obama, are you saying the economy was bad under Obama?

During which of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's years in office did he have a single year with a GDP above 3 percent?

It fluctuated, as always, but yes, he had well above that several times. Often hovering just above or below 4% and even above 5% for a while in 2014.

So, did Obama have a single year with the GDP above 3%? I know he had months but did he have single year with the GDP above 3%?

GettyImages-915793300.jpg

Thank goodness, she just won’t shut up or go away. The biggest reason to get out and vote Republican in the 2018 midterms.

May’s jobs report shows that strong employment numbers mean little to the families hit with soaring new costs under the Republicans’ watch,” the California congresswoman said in a statement. “Republicans’ cruel, cynical health care sabotage campaign is already spiking families’ premiums by double digits and pushing millions off their coverage ... Big Pharma continues to hoard the benefits of the GOP tax scam, using their handouts to further enrich executives and shareholders instead of lowering prescription drug costs for seniors and sick kids. At the same time, the President’s reckless policies are exploding gas prices, wiping out the few meager gains that some families should have received from the GOP tax scam, as wages remain stagnant.”

More @ Amid positive jobs numbers, Nancy Pelosi finds the dark lining in the silver cloud

She is right, but the wrong messenger.

GettyImages-915793300.jpg

Thank goodness, she just won’t shut up or go away. The biggest reason to get out and vote Republican in the 2018 midterms.

May’s jobs report shows that strong employment numbers mean little to the families hit with soaring new costs under the Republicans’ watch,” the California congresswoman said in a statement. “Republicans’ cruel, cynical health care sabotage campaign is already spiking families’ premiums by double digits and pushing millions off their coverage ... Big Pharma continues to hoard the benefits of the GOP tax scam, using their handouts to further enrich executives and shareholders instead of lowering prescription drug costs for seniors and sick kids. At the same time, the President’s reckless policies are exploding gas prices, wiping out the few meager gains that some families should have received from the GOP tax scam, as wages remain stagnant.”

More @ Amid positive jobs numbers, Nancy Pelosi finds the dark lining in the silver cloud

Well if you've looked at medical premiums lately, she's got a point.

Only an economically challenged person would think that Trump is responsible for this economy. Trump is not in charge of the private sector and this economiy started to come back 2 years before Obama left office. The only one that really has their thumb on the economy is the Federal Reserve, who operates separately and independently from the Federal Government. It is they that control the interest rates in this country. They will raise and lower rates to slow the economy or stimulate it.

Being in a very long recession, like we were, spells a good recovery period regardless of who is sitting in the Oval office.

Right now it looks like Trump is trying to kill the economy with his tariffs :auiqs.jpg:
Trump has gone CRAZY IVAN on Tariffs--trade war in process, look out below consumers!

unnamed

I thought the participation rate was of utmost importance, and Trump was going to fix that. After all, he said the published rates are bullshit anyway.
View attachment 196366

I thought the economy is still Obama’s because of the “employment trends”. Did I miss something?

Make up your mind.

In another thread the left nuts were saying the employment numbers are Obama’s? Are you saying it’s now Trump’s economy?

Trump hasn't improved unemployment anywhere near what he claimed he would. Why not?

Can you answer the two questions I posed? You seem to be avoiding a direct response. Are the current unemployment numbers Obama’s or are they now Trump’s? Is the economy now Trump’s? And in another post you claimed the economy was not good and cited the employment participation rate being high as proof, which is the same rate Obama’s was, are you now saying the Obama economy was poor?

1 The current unemployment numbers are Trumps.
2. The economy is like a big ship. It doesn't stop or start or turn quickly. A lot of the improvement over the last year and a half has been the result of things put in place during Obama's administration. Trump's input is starting to have some effect, and wil have more as his presidenccy continues, but it's childish to say the economy stops and starts fresh with each presidential election.
3 In another thread I repeated the rhetoric that was continuously repeated by Trump and the right throughout Obama's presidency. It was said to be drastically bad during that time, and the non participation rate was one of your key reasons for your claim. By that same token, it must be drastically bad now.

I've answered your questions. Now answer mine. Are my recent claims more misleading, in any way, than when the right continually repeated them?

Make up your mind.

1 The current unemployment numbers are Trumps.
2. The economy is like a big ship. It doesn't stop or start or turn quickly. A lot of the improvement over the last year and a half has been the result of things put in place during Obama's administration. Trump's input is starting to have some effect, and wil have more as his presidenccy continues, but it's childish to say the economy stops and starts fresh with each presidential election.
3 In another thread I repeated the rhetoric that was continuously repeated by Trump and the right throughout Obama's presidency. It was said to be drastically bad during that time, and the non participation rate was one of your key reasons for your claim. By that same token, it must be drastically bad now.

I've answered your questions. Now answer mine. Are my recent claims more misleading, in any way, than when the right continually repeated them?

Which claims?

So, did Obama have a single year with the GDP above 3%? I know he had months but did he have single year with the GDP above 3%?

Did Trump? Link?

It's comical that Pelosi would complain about Big Pharma and health insurance costs when Obamacare catered to Big Pharma and allowed insurance companies to keep their regional monopolies. Under Obamacare, many OTC drugs were suddenly classified as prescription drugs, and HSA money was no longer allowed to be used for OTC drugs. Did Nancy just not realize that those provisions were part of Obamacare?

Forum List

Back