Pelosi- House lacks votes to pass Health Bill...

Discussion in 'Congress' started by AmericasBrave58, Jan 21, 2010.

1. AmericasBrave58

AmericasBrave58 Retired USN Nurse(Vietnam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Pelosi: House lacks votes to OK Senate health bill - DailyFinance

:doubt: Because of the many disputes in Congress, between the GOP and Democrats,Pelosi may have to use her head for something other than a hat rack, and brings these 2 parties together, and res-establish better relations, other wise!!!:cuckoo: Obama and his administration, will fall flat on their political faces, they are fast on the way as it is doing so.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,469
    Why the frown? Pelosi is poison. Pelosi is a power monger. Pelosi is anti-constitution...hence, anti-USA.

I hope she loses her next election, too.

The health care bill penned by Pelosi and Reid is nothing more than a means to control the people. It would have set health care back 50 years or more.

Maybe she should let HR3400 out of committee..you know, the one the Republicans wrote.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I'd already covered this. The house dems only have but two options.

1. Pass the senate version and put faith in the senate dems or...
    2. Go all in, lose, Health care reform is dead and many of them will be out of a job in November

As a voting democrat, I'd already sent emails to sime democratic leaders telling them what's going to happen. I'd even set a date; have it signed into law no later than March.

You heard it here first.

4. Screaming Eagle

Screaming Eagle Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Democrats are losing elections for trying to pass Obamacare, not for not having done it already.

5. hylandrdet

hylandrdet Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49
    It's a "damn if you do, damn if you don't" scenario, SE! My position has history on its side.

Everytime the White House and the Congress are controlled by the same party, that party ultimately loses control of congress after the next midterm elections.

I'm prepared for the possibility that we will lose congressional control this November, just like the GOP is preparing for the possibility that Obama will win reelection.

In short, I'm saying, "Die on your feet and not on your knees". We both know that the senate GOPs are going to filibuster this until November. I say, "Screw that! Get this issue knocked out!!!"

Food for thought.

6. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I think any Democrat that votes in favor of the Health Reform Bill is committing political suicide and they know it. The smart Democrats are opening their eyes to the fact that the majority of the American public does not want ObamaCare nor the debt it would cause. It's time to quit trying to shove this down the publics throat and call it what it is - DEAD. Time to move on to the next liberal Democrat boondoggle and attempt to get it passed before the Democrats loose their majority in both houses of congress. My crystal ball tells me that if you want to be an unemployed Democrat Congresscritter, continue to side with this looney one-term President Obama.

7. keee keee

keee keee Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I would keep an eye on the congress I wouldn't put it passed these sneaky bastard to try to pass this in the middle of the night when the American public is sleeping.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    They don't have the votes in their own party to pass it. If they can't get their own people to vote for it, they can't pass it.

9. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    The health care plan from the congress and senate are dead, it's over. If Pelosi can pull her head out of those dark, dark places and work towards true health care reform instead of the takeover of 6% of our economy- it could happen, it not the dems are toast for the 2010 elections.

10. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    The talking heads are now saying that Obama needs to move towards the middle like Clinton did after his failed attempt at taking over health care. The problem is Clinton inherited a great economy from the Reagan years. Clinton did not have to deal with a recession, and real jobless numbers of 17.2 %. Plus he did not have to deal with a far, far left congress and senate that Obama has. People are down right pissed off that the economy and the lack of jobs have not been Obama's #1 priority. I don't think that he can recover from that. He has lost the trust of the American people because he promised us everything during his campaign, transperency, ear mark reform, special interests, lobbyists and he has done exactly opposite of what he said he was going to do. He is damaged goods now to the electorate, he has lost all trust, even from his left leaning base on the public option, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Gitmo.