Pelosi: Consitutional Authority "is not a serious question"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ame®icano, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    This post already exist in Pelosi gem collection - Nancy said... but I think it deserve special attention.

CNSNews.com

Since Pelosi refused to answer, question remain:

Where specifically does the Constitution grant Congress the authority to enact an individual health insurance mandate?

It is a simple direct question. If you don't know, say so or don't reply. If it doesn't, say so. If it does, please tell me where.

2. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    Almost forgot...

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,015
    You can't only attribute that to Pelosi just because she was the only one honest enough to admit it. The federal government as a whole doesn't take the Constitution seriously.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    I wouldn't put Pelosi and honest in the same sentence. Was she stupid enough or just showing the muscle anyone who is questioning her outhority.

However, can anyone answer the question from the OP?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,922
    There is no authority in the Constitution. However our liberal buddies will once again claim there is a General welfare clause and claim it applies.

Just as there is no authority for Social Security, Medicare HUD, Department of Education or a myriad of other Unconstitutional Federal Government Agencies and laws.

6. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    I actually agree with you. I think the feds clearly do not have this authority.

So here's the deal, if the bill passes a class action lawsuit is the only recourse. But we need a million complaintants.

And of course we need attorneys. But let's challenge it and test the law. We have nothing to lose but a $100 each, vs a few $1000 each if we get the fine or $13,000 each if we pay for insurance.

7. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Anyone who claims it falls under the General Welfare clause clearly doesn't understand it. If it gets passed it will fall under the Commerce Clause, like almost everything else Congress does. Not saying it is legitimately under that clause, but that's where it will be.

8. Ame®icano

Ame®icano Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,249
    Can they use "commerce clause" even if is against constitutional amendments?

For instance, the existing HR3200 provides for access to our personal healthcare information, financial information, and the information of employer, physician, and hospital. That would be against 4th amendment and our right to privacy.

Another example is what they call a "tax" if you refuse to buy insurance. Why obvious fine or punishment is called a tax? No other reason but to avoid "due process clause" of the 5th amendment, so you cant even defend yourself in a court of law for a fine enforced on you.

And finally, there is 10th amendment mentioned in several threads...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ihopehefails

ihopehefails BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I never thought of that before. Those politicians sure are getting sneakier.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Let us not overlook the illegal aliens issue, folks. Obama can say 'no coverage' til the cows come home but it - if healthcare is Constitutional (which it isn't) then it is likely that refusing to cover illegal aliens is unconstitutional.

"We, the people" has already been deemed by the SC not to refer solely to citizens. I want it in black and white from the SC before I believe they won't be covered.