Peggy Noonan: Four Presidents And A Funeral

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Feb 11, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I want to disagree with her, but I find that indeed, despite the partisanship, it was a "happy" affair, not one that was angry and bitter like the wellstone funeral.

2. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Although I really like Noonan's columns usually, I don't agree with her "take" this time. I do agree with her that the "tone" of King's funeral was a lot better than the "tone" at Paul Wellstone's.

3. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hmmm, I guess I must of watched a different funeral.

The one a watched had a succession of bitter, self-serving people, that used the funeral for their own purposes.

Inter mixed with these people were a couple, that seemed to realize where they were, and what they were suppose to be doing there.

I thought the whole thing was a disgrace. :(

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    is akin to watching cement set! It has absolutely no meaning unless you are personally involved with the deceased...the only exception would be a Presidential funeral as we all are or should be involved...the rest should be kept outta the media and reserved for the family....IMO

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Pretty good insights, Arch. I doubt that anyone but the libs and the MSM had any interest in attending Mrs. King's funeral via broadcast. I wonder how many actually tuned in. I didn't watch it but saw the "newsbreaking" clips of the remarks made by Reverend Lowery and Jimmah Carter on Fox News and was astonished that a funeral could turn into a political forum.