peer reviewed

There actually is a flat earth society. They peer review each others papers and tell each other that they are brilliant.
Ladies and gentlemen... the future of AGW in 25 years, right there.

A bunch of conspiracy nuts peer reviewing their own fantasies like a writers group critiquing each other's fiction because no one else is BRILLIANT! enough to understand them.

Huh...that's a very accurate description after all.

Why wasn't this moved to humor? Am I the only one who gets the joke?

The OP rails about how you can't use Internet posting to determine what is real science and as proof he...posts to some bloggers Internet site

Never underestimate the reach of the ADA. ;)
proper-display-handicap-parking-placard-60X60.jpg

I have peer reviewed this post and find it 100% accurate

The vast majority of posters in this thread believe Old Rocks is full of shit
Upon further review of your review, I endorse it wholeheartedly. Furthermore, careful review of the available data in the shape of a lacrosse stick shows that Old Rocks does not exist.
I've peer reviewed these posts, and CrusaderFrank Johnson is right about daveman Johnson being right about CrusaderFrank Johnson being right.

Why do you keep mentioning CrusaderFrank's and daveman's JOHNSONS?

Upon further review of your review, I endorse it wholeheartedly. Furthermore, careful review of the available data in the shape of a lacrosse stick shows that Old Rocks does not exist.
I've peer reviewed these posts, and CrusaderFrank Johnson is right about daveman Johnson being right about CrusaderFrank Johnson being right.

Why do you keep mentioning CrusaderFrank's and daveman's JOHNSONS?
They've rebuilt the town perfect in every detail right down to the orange roof on Howard Johnson's outhouse.

There are many on this board, even some claiming scientific credentials, that seem to equate faceless blogs with peer reviewed articles. While I can understand that being the case for some of the less than stellar IQs on this board, I can only surmise the reason for those that seem to have a modicum of intelligence.

Peer review vs commercials and spam

Why is that? And what exactly is peer review?

The concept of peer review is about 300 years old and is the cornerstone of modern science. The best analogy for peer review is that it acts as a spam filter: rubbish ideas are kept from being published so that other scientists don’t waste their time reading spam. Only ideas that are not obviously rubbish make it into the literature, and once in the literature, the scientific marketplace of ideas determines their ultimate fate.

Let’s examine how different this process is from just posting one’s ideas on some web page.

Did anyone even follow the authors link on the article page?

Well it turns out he is a psychologist.... Yeah not a climatologist, or even a meteorologist, hell man hes not even a geologist.... So WTF does a psychologist know about AGW? Well he knows it pays...

Keep posting crap talking about AGW peer review from people who are never part of AGW peer review idiot.... We love the humor...:lol:

There are many on this board, even some claiming scientific credentials, that seem to equate faceless blogs with peer reviewed articles. While I can understand that being the case for some of the less than stellar IQs on this board, I can only surmise the reason for those that seem to have a modicum of intelligence.

Peer review vs commercials and spam

Why is that? And what exactly is peer review?

The concept of peer review is about 300 years old and is the cornerstone of modern science. The best analogy for peer review is that it acts as a spam filter: rubbish ideas are kept from being published so that other scientists don’t waste their time reading spam. Only ideas that are not obviously rubbish make it into the literature, and once in the literature, the scientific marketplace of ideas determines their ultimate fate.

Let’s examine how different this process is from just posting one’s ideas on some web page.

Did anyone even follow the authors link on the article page?

Well it turns out he is a psychologist.... Yeah not a climatologist, or even a meteorologist, hell man hes not even a geologist.... So WTF does a psychologist know about AGW? Well he knows it pays...

Keep posting crap talking about AGW peer review from people who are never part of AGW peer review idiot.... We love the humor...:lol:
mmmm the soft 'sciences' FTW!

The subject is the peer review process for real science.

And most of you confirmed that it is science that turns you totally off.

Lately, your posts read like they are "STOP ME BEFORE I POST AGAIN!" cries for help.

I've peer reviewed this comment and we'll keep it out somehow - even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!

Pretty much what the deniers have been doing all along. Finally, we have an admission!!!

Forum List

Back