PD Fined For Hiring Only American Citizens

In the last 20+ years the Denver leadership has sold out locals and the majority for what? Illegal aliens? We have made Denver a sanctuary city FOR illegal aliens despite the wishes and best interests of all the people, and federal laws. Now, WHO do our representatives truly represent? That is the question.

themselves.
Remember Hiawatha Davis? I do, I lived in his district. He celebrated diversity. Ignored common frekin' sense. I never voted for the man, what a pawn. His office ignored my calls about the influx of illegal aliens. Yeah, do that. We vote for Trump. And here we are now.

themselves.
Remember Hiawatha Davis? I do, I lived in his district. He celebrated diversity. Ignored common frekin' sense. I never voted for the man, what a pawn. His office ignored my calls about the influx of illegal aliens. Yeah, do that. We vote for Trump. And here we are now.

I don't trust anyone anymore but lets just hope Trump keeps at least some of his promises. I couldn't bring myself to vote for him or anyone anymore. Sad but I feel like if they are real Americans they will never make it to the Outhouse. I'm very glad he won and hope I can still feel that way in a few months.

When I see our so called "representatives" give aid and support to illegal aliens, even to the point of giving "sanctuary" to illegal immigrants, ABOVE and beyond the electorates wishes? They are presuming they know better than their constituents. Something is wrong here, the representative process is either broken or needs to be redefined.

The intention, Denver officials said, was benevolent.

The Denver Sheriff’s Department set out to hire scores of deputies last year to lessen the burden on its staff and cut millions in overtime.

It advertised for prospects, and included U.S. citizenship as a requirement.

By this past spring, it had hired 200 deputies.

The Justice Department did not congratulate the agency – instead, it slapped Colorado’s largest sheriff’s department with a $10,000 fine and a host of steps it must take to address what was described as discriminatory hiring.

In a summary of the settlement on its website, the Justice Department said that in insisting on citizenship, the Denver Sheriff’s Department violated an anti-discrimination provision in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that forbids employers from hiring only U.S. citizens except in cases where it is mandated “by law, regulation, executive order or government contract.”

The Justice Department said that the opportunity to work for the department should be open to anyone with the necessary skills who is authorized to be employed in the United States. That could be a legal permanent resident who has not naturalized, for example, or someone on a temporary visa who has a work permit.

-------------------------------------------

Your thoughts?
Denver is a Sanctuary city. We were NOT asked if we wanted that, our so called leaders presumed to impose that on us. I despised Trump, but I voted for the Republican because I despise liberal moralist phony democrats from Pena to Hicknelooper. They never actually asked us what we really want, THEY presume too much. Let's get down to reality. And, that's why we voted FOR Trump, perhaps he might listen to Us on immigration issues.

Forum List

Back