PAY children to go to school!

Discussion in 'Education' started by fandango, Jul 6, 2018.

1. regent

regent Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    It should be retroactive, and checks to former students should be sent immediately, perhaps with interest? And what of the parents? The real burden of schools and education is on the parents, should they not be paid also? This should be a bonanza for the Trump administration.

2. ScorpioRising007

ScorpioRising007 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Paying kids to go to school? No problem is we have a lot parents who should of never been parents out there. They spoil their kids rotten, have no discipline in the house, little Johnny wears the pants in the family not his pushover father, we have a lot of parents who just don't seem to care about their child or education.

As far as paying kids to go to college and over saturating the amount of college grads than there already are will only devalue a college degree to begin with. We need less kids going to colleges more going into trade schools and apprenticeships.

There is a reason there is a nursing shortage not only is it a very hard job, but Nursing degrees tend to be very hard to get. If the Nursing degree was as easy as say a degree is Business Administration there would be no shortage of nurses. The difficulty in nursing school and how difficult it is to get accepted into a good nursing school creates a shortage of nurses. It is very hard to get accepted in a good Nursing program to begin with. I thought about it, but you need like a 4.00 college GPA and great grades in all the really hard Science classes even to have a chance to get admitted into a Nursing program.

I knew a guy who got a Business Degree with me who had flunked out of Nursing School. He told me a degree in Business was a joke compared to how hard his Nursing classes were. All kinds of people were dropping out of it way too hard.