Pavlov’s Democrats

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
The mainstream media doesn’t even have to ring the bell anymore, just the mention of trumps name causes the sheep to start salivating. The Smollett case is exhibit A. Talk about a pile on. What anyone with a brain has to admit now is that there is zero objectivity, zero reason, and zero tolerance for the very existence of trump. The mainstream media has accomplished their goal of brainwashing enough of America that now just suggesting that any negative or unsavory action is immediately the fault of trump is no longer a narrative but the truth.

This subject became even more personal in the last week for me, and may be just mirroring families everywhere. I have a brother who had a serious medical condition. He was uncommunicative about his problems so my sister and other brother suggested the three of us go to Baltimore and find out first hand what is going on. We are all in our sixties so this seemed timely. My sister is a flaming feminist, very difficult and very overbearing,so I made a promise to myself to avoid any political conversations and concentrate on sick brother. My other brother is laid back, low key, non confrontational, and spends no time watching news Tv. Things went fairly well as I bit my tongue into many pieces while I let her political barbs go unanswered until at our last nights dinner my sick brother brought up something political and after only 2 minutes my healthy brother went into an anti trump rage. I was totally caught off guard and my jaw dropped. I hurriedly gathered up dishes and headed to the kitchen because I didn’t want to prolong or deal with something that was so out of character for him. We were all staying in an arbb and he later apologized to me saying he had had too much to drink. He is hopelessly uninformed about the facts but if this gentle soul can be turned into a hater so easily I fear for the rest of the country. This incident has stuck with me. Sick brother is on the mend.

Many black commentators especially say the Smollett case should not diminish real racial events but they are off the mark. The incident has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with creating more hatred for trump. The vast majority of hate is all on the left, and is all created to diminish the president of the us. All this hate has reached a critical mass and can now survive outside the media. Fictional events that encourage the hate narrative are now acceptable if they promote the narrative. As with so many things democratic the sin of falsehood is totally tolerated if it accelerates the goal of defeating or stymying the president. Smollett will be considered a hero for allowing Dems a week of nonstop hating and blaming the president. I don’t know how much longer the minds of our citizens can continue to be warped by the lefts manufacture of hate, but if Pavlov lived today he could replace his bell with the remote control.

Shrimp, that is an excellent post. I also have those fears. I am a woman, with two degrees. My female friends are all educated with dual degrees as well, but don't follow politics. I usually discuss politics with my male friends and male family members. For some reason the women feel they're too good or too busy to waste their time with news.

But if I bet, I would bet they voted democrat just because the "Right to choose." That is such an insult to women. What happened to the Right for the baby to choose life.?

Women have to wake up, get informed and stop being 1 issue voters, like your sister.

Shrimp, that is an excellent post. I also have those fears. I am a woman, with two degrees. My female friends are all educated with dual degrees as well, but don't follow politics. I usually discuss politics with my male friends and male family members. For some reason the women feel they're too good or too busy to waste their time with news.

But if I bet, I would bet they voted democrat just because the "Right to choose." That is such an insult to women. What happened to the Right for the baby to choose life.?

Women have to wake up, get informed and stop being 1 issue voters, like your sister.

My bet is that they will ride the D label straight down the toilet but all Ds of either sex find intelligent analysis very difficult indeed.

What stymies me about that whole "right to choose" issue is, women ALL have the right to choose not to have a child. They have the right to choose not to participate in that specific activity that results in a child. But that choice seems to be abhorrent to them. Murder seems to be much more comfortable and acceptable.

Jackson thank you. My sister is a strange case. She lives in Utah, of all places, espousing these views. She has a college education, been divorced twice, and her adopted kids don’t talk to her anymore. She is tragically alone and probably hits the wine bottle a little too heavy. She seems to have no ability to read people. She earlier suggested on YouTube that trump should be eliminated. She has tried to establish herself as a researcher into Indian herbs and healing but she does not have the gift. She seems to find her greatest strength in consorting with people who have the same views as she does and this does involve educated women of all ages. She recently sent me a picture of herself listening to Anita hill during the kavanaugh hearings. During our visit I cringed many times as she suggested strongly what I “should” be doing. Usually, unlike the rest of the family, I won’t put up with her shit, but I promised to be good.

My brother presents a different conundrum, but one which I think is very common. He lives in Vermont, is a free spirit, but seems overly influenced by his second wife who is childless but vehemently pro choice. She too like my sister, seems to have a constant animus toward men. Since because of hearing problems they lead an increasingly more isolated life, I feel my brother is more and more influenced by her views and thinks less for himself.

I know this is an overload of personal stuff, but I am trying to figure out how people in my own family can be so molded into such extreme partisanship after we all had a very comfortable, very educated, and very American upbringing. Disagreements with our president are fine, no problem. But the level of hatred being bred in our country today is beyond anything I have ever seen in my long life, including the sixties, including segregation, including Nixon. I know this can’t continue this way, it will not end well, and the future of our country is under immense strain.

I used to, for free, assist older people with their computer problems.

Now I first engage them in a short political conversation.

Depending on how I judge their state of having brainwashed I become selective.

They get the free help I prefer to give.

They may be quoted a price. A gigantic price.

I may spend 10-15 minutes on their computer and tell them I can't help them at all but maybe if they bought a new computer I might be able to find a little time to help them get started. Might. Or....might not.

I used to, for free, assist older people with their computer problems.

Now I first engage them in a short political conversation.

Depending on how I judge their state of having brainwashed I become selective.

They get the free help I prefer to give.

They may be quoted a price. A gigantic price.

I may spend 10-15 minutes on their computer and tell them I can't help them at all but maybe if they bought a new computer I might be able to find a little time to help them get started. Might. Or....might not.
^ brainwashed old retard

Forum List

Back