Paul Ryan's (R) Primary fast approaching

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Lets hope he gets "Cantored" :eusa_drool:

Trump refuses to endorse Paul Ryan in GOP primary: ‘I’m just not quite there yet’
With Ryan’s Wisconsin primary scheduled for next Tuesday, Trump praised the House speaker’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign.” Trump said that Ryan has sought his endorsement — an assertion that a Ryan spokesman denied later Tuesday — but that as of now he is only “giving it very serious consideration.”

“I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country,” Trump said. “We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”

Trump’s refusal to back Ryan represents an extraordinary breach of political decorum and signals that the Republican Party remains divided two weeks after a national convention in Cleveland staged to showcase party unity.

Trump refuses to endorse Paul Ryan in GOP primary: ‘I’m just not quite there yet’
With Ryan’s Wisconsin primary scheduled for next Tuesday, Trump praised the House speaker’s underdog opponent, Paul Nehlen, for running “a very good campaign.” Trump said that Ryan has sought his endorsement — an assertion that a Ryan spokesman denied later Tuesday — but that as of now he is only “giving it very serious consideration.”

“I like Paul, but these are horrible times for our country,” Trump said. “We need very strong leadership. We need very, very strong leadership. And I’m just not quite there yet. I’m not quite there yet.”

Trump’s refusal to back Ryan represents an extraordinary breach of political decorum and signals that the Republican Party remains divided two weeks after a national convention in Cleveland staged to showcase party unity.

Ryan's polling around 70% plus, and he's not getting primaried. Nor is McCain. But McCain could lose the general unless he has some Trumpbot support. Ryan's district is safe.

Inside Ryan's primary strategy

Ryan and McConnell apparently see some benefit to sticking with Trump to keep the Senate and avoid any question in the House. They've openly said their support is based on the fact that Trump will sign legislation they send him, and Hillary won't. I've thought that suspiciously optimistic, and assume they are reassessing.

Ryan's polling around 70% plus, and he's not getting primaried. Nor is McCain. But McCain could lose the general unless he has some Trumpbot support. Ryan's district is safe.

Ryan and McConnell apparently see some benefit to sticking with Trump to keep the Senate and avoid any question in the House. They've openly said their support is based on the fact that Trump will sign legislation they send him, and Hillary won't. I've thought that suspiciously optimistic, and assume they are reassessing.

Paul Ryan does have an opponent in the primary. His name is Paul Nehlen.

He is not going to lose the Primary.

Trump ought to be kissing Ryan's ass for endorsing him at all, the crazy fucker. Ryan is one of the few reasonable men left in D.C., and although I don't agree with a lot of the Repub's platform, I think Ryan is a sane man. His one mistake was swallowing his principals and getting behind the Mango Man.

yes, Its in the source I posted.

He is not going to lose the Primary.

Oh, I don't believe is going to lose either.

Trump ought to be kissing Ryan's ass for endorsing him at all, the crazy fucker. Ryan is one of the few reasonable men left in D.C., and although I don't agree with a lot of the Repub's platform, I think Ryan is a sane man. His one mistake was swallowing his principals and getting behind the Mango Man.
what has he accomplished since the "so-called" momentous Repub victory in 2014 (lowest turn-out since WWII BTW)

what has he accomplished since the "so-called" momentous Repub victory in 2014 (lowest turn-out since WWII BTW)

What can you accomplish when the Senate can not override the President Veto because they lack the votes in the Senate!?!

All Ryan can do is get his House to pass the bills they want and send it to the Senate for McConnell to get passed and then send it off to the President and if President Obama veto the bill then nothing will be done.

Sure you will tell me they could work together but let be realistic and neither political party has that intention.

So there you have my answer on what has he done since 2014...

he drew a circle in the air, called it the circle of trust, and then pointed outside of the circle and said 'that's paul ryan'

I'm actually more disappointed in Ryan than appalled by Trump, which is amazing since imo Trump is the most loathsome creature to enter mainstream politics since the Klan went underground and McCarthy was sent to dry out.

But four years ago, Ryan was experimenting with black leaders for ways to use federal money to infuse black districts with education and capital. A tax rewrite to get rid of expenditures to allow a real tax cut for middle earners.

What can you accomplish when the Senate can not override the President Veto because they lack the votes in the Senate!?!

All Ryan can do is get his House to pass the bills they want and send it to the Senate for McConnell to get passed and then send it off to the President and if President Obama veto the bill then nothing will be done.

Sure you will tell me they could work together but let be realistic and neither political party has that intention.

Nothing because he's not mature enough to work across the aisle

Nothing because he's not mature enough to work across the aisle

It goes both ways...

I am sure you believe it is only one side that is to blame but both sides refuse to work with each other, and that is the reality.

I'm actually more disappointed in Ryan than appalled by Trump, which is amazing since imo Trump is the most loathsome creature to enter mainstream politics since the Klan went underground and McCarthy was sent to dry out.

But four years ago, Ryan was experimenting with black leaders for ways to use federal money to infuse black districts with education and capital. A tax rewrite to get rid of expenditures to allow a real tax cut for middle earners.
Ryan has been sending legislation to the WH that he KNOWS doesn't stand a chance to get signed so yeah, he's a tax payer- financed seat warmer. Be proud

Ryan has been sending legislation to the WH that he KNOWS doesn't stand a chance to get signed so yeah, he's a tax payer- financed seat warmer. Be proud

Why would any speaker send legislation to the WH when the opposition party holds it, and there's an election in a year?

Zika is an exception.

And, imo, McConnell should have sent Grassley to the dems to find a compromise Scotus nominee.

I think I pointed out I'm not a Republican? I just think he seems sane.

Forum List

Back