Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand

She also wrote a book called the virtue of selfishness.

People who read Rand dont always read it because they think shes smart.

Its part of philosphy, the short bus part
She is smarter then maddow, yet idiots trust her stupidity.

OMG Maddow isnt in the same universe as Ann. Maybe if she stopped the carpet munching and actually studdied [sic] a few issues, we'd be able to make a camparison
You mean like Maddow's having a Doctor's degree in Politics from Oxford?

The welfare queens , marxist losers , and little kiddies certainly seem to dissaprove of Ryan......

Next thing you know they will be posting dumb cartoons, name calling and muttering about "social darwinism"......... LOL

Ryan is a total Ayn Rand fanboy:

"I just want to speak to you a little bit about Ayn Rand and what she meant to me in my life and [in] the fight we’re engaged here in Congress. I grew up on Ayn Rand, that’s what I tell people."
"I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are."
"It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. We start with Atlas Shrugged. People tell me I need to start with The Fountainhead then go to Atlas Shrugged [laughter]. There’s a big debate about that. We go to Fountainhead, but then we move on, and we require Mises and Hayek as well."
"But the reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand."
"And when you look at the twentieth-century experiment with collectivism—that Ayn Rand, more than anybody else, did such a good job of articulating the pitfalls of statism and collectivism—you can’t find another thinker or writer who did a better job of describing and laying out the moral case for capitalism than Ayn Rand."
"It’s so important that we go back to our roots to look at Ayn Rand’s vision, her writings, to see what our girding, under-grounding [sic] principles are."
"Because there is no better place to find the moral case for capitalism and individualism than through Ayn Rand’s writings and works."

Audio Surfaces of Paul Ryan's Effusive Love of Ayn Rand - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Atlas Shrugged has to be the most redundant, boring, one dimensional book ever written. If you can't figure out the message in the first 30 pages, then you are a drooling idiot.

The book hammers the exact same point over and over and over and over and over and over for hundreds upon hundreds of pages. It is the dullest piece of shit ever.

I could not finish it. It was just too stupid.

I guess the point of the repetition in her massive tome is to serve as the same kind of brainwashing format you find in a re-education camp. Week after week after week of the same simple-minded message blasted into you, and you can't help but absorb that shit. The only difference is, you are doing it to yourself when you keep reading.

Rand learned well from her Soviet homeland. And when you meet an Ayn Rand fanatic, they quickly strike one as pitiless brainwashed shallow people.

If Paul Ryan did not know about Ayn Rand's Objectism philosophy, that would be an amazing oversight on his part.

Last edited:
The welfare queens , marxist losers , and little kiddies certainly seem to dissaprove of Ryan......

Next thing you know they will be posting dumb cartoons, name calling and muttering about "social darwinism"......... LOL

The left certainly doesn't like Ryan's suits.

She also wrote a book called the virtue of selfishness.

People who read Rand dont always read it because they think shes smart.

Its part of philosphy, the short bus part

The Virtue of Selfishness, A truly superb book. What could you learn from such a book?

The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”

“Men who reject the responsibility of thought and reason can only exist as parasites on the thinking of others.”

“In a free society, one does not have to deal with those who are irrational. One is free to avoid them.”

The freedom of speech of private individuals includes the right to not agree, not to listen, and not to finance one's own antagonists.”

There can be no compromise on moral principles.”

Observe how many people evade, rationalize and drive their minds into a state of blind stupor, in dread of discovering that those they deal with- their "loved ones" or friends or business associates or political rulers- are not merely mistaken, but evil. Observe that this dread leads them to sanction, to help and to spread the very evil whose existence they fear to acknowledge.”

The cult of moral grayness is a revolt against moral values.”

Faith is the commitment of one's consciousness to beliefs for which one has no sensory evidence or rational proof. When man rejects reason as his standard of judgement, only one alternative standard remains to him: his feelings. A mystic is a man who treats his feelings as tools of cognition. Faith is the equation of feelings with knowledge”

The necessary consequence of man's right to life is his right to self-defense. In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. All the reasons which make the initiation of physical force an evil, make the retaliatory use of physical force a moral imperative.

If some "pacifist" society renounced the retaliatory use of force, it would be left helplessly at the mercy of the first thug who decided to be immoral. Such a society would achieve the opposite of its intention: instead of abolishing evil, it would encourage and reward it.”

“Remember that rights are moral principles which define and protect a man's freedom of action, but impose no obligations on other men.”

The political function of 'the right of free speech' is to protect dissenters and unpopular minorities from forcible suppression - not to guarantee them the support, advantages, and rewards of a popularity they have not gained.”

Man's basic vice, the source of all his evils, is the act of unfocusing his mind, the suspension of his consciousness, which is not blindness, but the refusal to see, not ignorance, but the refusal to know.”

It is undeniably unrealistic to expect that everyone who reads Ayn Rand will understand any of what she said. It would be like expecting a savage with a bone in his nose to understand Shakespeare or the Federalist Papers.

That someone found Atlas Shrugged boring and incomprehensible doesn't mean that it was boring an incomprehensible, it means the reader lacked reading comprehension.

Forum List

Back