Paul Ryan Doesn't Seem to Think Donald Was Joking

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
"The top spokesperson for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) had strong words in response to Donald Trump's call for Russian hackers to "find" and release the deleted emails from Hillary Clinton's private server.

"Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug," Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck told The Guardian. "Putin should stay out of this election."

Paul Ryan Spox: Putin Is 'Thug' Who Should 'Stay Out Of This Election'

It's time for Paul Ryan to withdraw his support from the donald and man up.

This whole sh!t storm in the GOP has got to be killing Ryan and McConnell.

They are actually two of my favorite lawmakers and I actually feel sorry for them.

I'm sure they are in damage control mode and more worried about losing control of the House and Senate rather than wishfully thinking about a Trump miracle at this point.

Its time for Paul Ryan to step down. He's acting like the liberal waiting to have a cob shoved up his ass.
I think you are a crazy idiot.

Paul Ryan is the GOP's best bet to recapture The White House in 2020.

This whole shit storm in the GOP has got to be killing Ryan and McConnell.

They are actually two of my favorite lawmakers and I actually feel sorry for them.

I'm sure they are in damage control mode and more worried about losing control of the House and Senate rather than wishfully thinking about a Trump miracle at this point.

i don't have a lot of good things to say about McConnell, but I feel badly for Ryan. He didn't sign on for this. I think you're right that they're going to try to preserve the down ticket races. But they're going to have to cut donald loose to do it and withdraw their support.

Its time for Paul Ryan to step down. He's acting like the liberal waiting to have a cob shoved up his ass.

no. it isn't. there is nothing liberal about paul ryan. he just isn't insane.

grow up. dumb donald is an embarrassment to any normal republican. that's why no one of any stature showed up at his failed convention.

i don't have a lot of good things to say about McConnell, but I feel badly for Ryan. He didn't sign on for this. I think you're right that they're going to try to preserve the down ticket races. But they're going to have to cut donald loose to do it and withdraw their support.
The whole reason for Ryan to make the condemnation is likely for damage control for the House and Senate anyway.

Boehner, McConnell and Ryan brought this revolt on themselves. The people are tired of this shit, That's why independents are tracking with disaffected conservatives in exit polls. Bad news for The Democrats. We're not only going to take the White House, we're going to replace the Congressional Leadership with people with balls.

The whole reason for Ryan to make the condemnation is likely for damage control for the House and Senate anyway.

i think so, too.

Boehner, McConnell and Ryan brought this revolt on themselves. The people are tired of this shit, That's why independents are tracking with disaffected conservatives in exert poll. We're not only going to take the .white ?House, we're going to replace the Congressional Leadership with people with balls.

you mean insane people who have no clue how to govern?

^^^^^^^^^

and this is why my republican friends are either voting for hillary clinton or aren't voting. and it's only going to get worse after yesterday.

"Perhaps the last place you’d expect to find John Stubbs or Ricardo Reyes, two former George W. Bush administration officials and ardent Republicans who retired from politics years ago, is at the Democratic National Convention in 2016.

And yet here they are, posted up in a rented house in downtown Philadelphia, tirelessly promoting their grassroots organization, R4C16, which they launched last month with a singular goal in mind: to get their fellow Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November.

“If you’d told me five years ago this is where I’d be today…” said Reyes, breaking into a laugh. He glanced across the kitchen table at Stubbs, who shrugged ruefully.

“Look, if the Republicans had nominated anyone else, we’d be voting for them,” Stubbs said."

Two Republicans Make An Unlikely Plea: Vote Hillary

Trump has put Ryan and other Republicans in the untenable position of fighting on two fronts. Surely Ryan knew Trump was trying to be sarcastic, but....

Another thing here: Trump communicates nearly exclusively in hyperbole and showbiz and expects to be taken seriously. Well, that means than when he's joking or being sarcastic, people aren't gonna know the fucking difference.

Yeah, THAT'S what you want from the Leader of the Free World and Commander In Chief.

Piss on Paul Ryan. He'll be getting replaced with the next round of voting if he doesn't fall in line with what the voters want. Every one of these elected officials need to be reminded that they can be replaced.

Boehner, McConnell and Ryan brought this revolt on themselves. The people are tired of this shit, That's why independents are tracking with disaffected conservatives in exit polls. Bad news forr The Democrats. We're not only going to take the .white ?House, we're going to replace the Congressional Leadership with people with balls.
McConnell was not a bad Senate Minority Leader when Harry Reid was in charge and Ted Cruz was filibusting and shutting down the Federal Govt.

McConnell was able to get everyone to agree on a debt ceiling compromise.

However he has his own problems in Kentucky now. I do hope he will be back in the new year. But there is no guarantee.

Ryan faces the same issues in Wisc.

As far as control over Congress, a sufficiently large turnout by women (thanks to Hillary) and Latinos (thanks to Trump so to speak) and Negroes (thanks to the NAACP) may give Hillary complete control of both houses of Congress, yes.

Many of us have been saying this for a long time. Ever since Trump went spastic.

However with Ryan being the GOP's most popular candidate they would never get rid of him.

But then again his own voters in Wisc might be unpredictable.

I believe in divided government. Most Americans also do.

I believe in a strict constructionist Supreme Court. Otherwise what is the sense in having a Court to begin with? Otherwise the Court only becomes yet another legislature legislating from the bench.

I believe in a strong literal 2nd Amendment. Otherwise you cannot protect yourself from thugs and x-con's on the street.

Trump has put Ryan and other Republicans in the untenable position of fighting on two fronts. Surely Ryan knew Trump was trying to be sarcastic, but....

Another thing here: Trump communicates nearly exclusively in hyperbole and showbiz and expects to be taken seriously. Well, that means than when he's joking or being sarcastic, people aren't gonna know the difference.

Yeah, THAT'S what you want from the Leader of the Free World and Commander In Chief.

trump wasn't being sarcastic. he said that putin would be "rewarded" by the press if he hacked hillary's emails. and even if he was, he is not normal. there is something truly deranged about him.

and when you're running for president, you aren't supposed to sound like some schmuck at the local bar. when the president says things like this, it creates international incidents.

Another thing here: Trump communicates nearly exclusively in hyperbole and showbiz and expects to be taken seriously. Well, that means than when he's joking or being sarcastic, people aren't gonna know the difference.

trump wasn't being sarcastic. he said that putin would be "rewarded" by the press if he hacked hillary's emails. and even if he was, he is not normal. there is something truly deranged about him.

and when you're running for president, you aren't supposed to sound like some schmuck at the local bar. when the president says things like this, it creates international incidents.
I really don't think Trump wants our enemies dancing through our national secrets.

This is just a guy who has no business whatsoever being in this position.

Boehner, McConnell and Ryan brought this revolt on themselves. The people are tired of this shit, That's why independents are tracking with disaffected conservatives in exit polls. Bad news forr The Democrats. We're not only going to take the .white ?House, we're going to replace the Congressional Leadership with people with balls.
McConnell was not a bad Senate Minority Leader when Harry Reid was in charge and Ted Cruz was filibusting and shutting down the Federal Govt.

McConnell was able to get everyone to agree on a debt ceiling compromise.

However he has his own problems in Kentucky now. I do hope he will be back in the new year. But there is no guarantee.

Ryan faces the same issues in Wisc.

As far as control over Congress, a sufficiently large turnout by women (thanks to Hillary) and Latinos (thanks to Trump so to speak) and Negroes (thanks to the NAACP) may give Hillary complete control of both houses of Congress, yes.

Many of us have been saying this for a long time. Ever since Trump went spastic.

However with Ryan being the GOP's most popular candidate they would never get rid of him.

But then again his own voters in Wisc might be unpredictable.

I believe in divided government. Most Americans also do.

I believe in a strict constructionist Supreme Court. Otherwise what is the sense in having a Court to begin with? Otherwise the Court only becomes yet another legislature legislating from the bench.

I believe in a strong literal 2nd Amendment. Otherwise you cannot protect yourself from thugs and x-con's on the street.

you had me in agreement until you talked about "strict constructionism". that wasn't even the method of constitutional construction when the founders were alive. (see, marbury v madison). what i will say is i want there to be an intelligent, responsible, engaged republican party that wants to solve problems and not obstruct. i've voted for republican mayors and governors. i think d'amato was a very good senator for NY back in the day. At that time D'Amato and the democratic senator, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, used to alternate judicial picks for the Federal Bench. They didn't see eye to eye. Moynihan was an academic, D'Amato a roll up your sleeves kind of guy who they used to call senator pothole because of his constituent work. But they represented NY and gave a damn about the way government worked.

Last edited:

I really don't think Trump wants our enemies dancing through our national secrets.

This is just a guy who has no business whatsoever being in this position.

well, whether he meant it or not, we agree on the conclusion.

‘The top spokesperson for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) had strong words in response to Donald Trump's call for Russian hackers to "find" and release the deleted emails from Hillary Clinton's private server.’

Further evidence that Trump is reckless, irresponsible, and has no business being president.

image.jpeg

Forum List

Back