Paul Ryan claims Social Security is "going bankrupt", actual figures show 2.7T surplu

Timeless_Whoppers_Ryan.jpg

Yeah for dumb--ass's they need something a little more

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwv5EbxXSmE]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualized - YouTube[/ame]

SS and Medicare are just fine, dupes. Obamacare saves Medicare- how do you think they save that 700 billion over 10 years, DUPES? Romney/Teddycare proves it, just 2% rises now... Ryan also cuts the 700 billion, but for a tax cut for the rich and a screw the nonrich, his theme.

Then why is Obama HIMSELF saying there is no money to write the checks?!? LMAO!!! FrancoHFW, you are either the biggest LIAR in world history, or the biggest IDIOT in world history. To be honest, I suspect it's BOTH...

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Jeebus you're dumb- that was back when Paul Ryan and the "No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) were trying to shut down the gov't over the routine under BOOOSH debt limit rise. Put back the recovery 4 months+ AND got our credit rating lowered- S+P blamed that on Pubs...

Great job Pubbies- and NOTHING to do with this, AZZHOLE Pub DUPE. LOL

Last edited:
Wiki-

In the United States, the Social Security Trust Fund is a fund operated by the Social Security Administration into which are paid payroll tax contributions from workers and employers under the Social Security system and out of which benefit payments are made to retirees, survivors, and the disabled, and for general administrative expenses. The fund also earns interest. There technically are two component funds, the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) and Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Funds, referred to collectively as the OASDI funds.

When program revenues exceed payments (i.e., the program is in surplus) the extra funds are borrowed and used by the government for other purposes, but a legal obligation to program recipients is created to the extent this occurs. These surpluses add to the Trust Fund. At the end of 2011, the Trust Fund contained (or alternatively, was owed) $2.7 trillion, up $69 billion from 2010.[1] The fund is required by law to be invested in non-marketable securities issued and guaranteed by the "full faith and credit" of the federal government.

The trust fund represents a legal obligation to Social Security program recipients and is considered "intra-governmental" debt, a component of the "public" or "national" debt. As of April 2012, the intragovernmental debt was $4.8 trillion of the $15.7 trillion national debt.[2]

According to the Social Security Trustees, who oversee the program and report on its financial condition, program costs are expected to exceed non-interest income from 2011 onward. However, due to interest (earned at a 4.4% rate in 2011) the program will run an overall surplus that adds to the fund through the end of 2021. Under current law, the securities in the fund represent a legal obligation the government must honor when program revenues are no longer sufficient to fully fund benefit payments. However, when the trust fund is used to cover program deficits in a given year, the Trust Fund balance is reduced. By 2033, the fund is expected to be exhausted. Thereafter, payroll taxes are projected to only cover approximately 75% of program obligations.[3]

There is controversy regarding whether the U.S. government will be able to borrow sufficient amounts to honor its obligations fully to recipients or whether program modifications are required. This is a challenge for the Federal government overall, not just the Social Security program.

SS and Medicare are just fine, dupes. Obamacare saves Medicare- how do you think they save that 700 billion over 10 years, DUPES? Romney/Teddycare proves it, just 2% rises now... Ryan also cuts the 700 billion, but for a tax cut for the rich and a screw the nonrich, his theme.

Then why is Obama HIMSELF saying there is no money to write the checks?!? LMAO!!! FrancoHFW, you are either the biggest LIAR in world history, or the biggest IDIOT in world history. To be honest, I suspect it's BOTH...

Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Jeebus you're dumb- that was back when Paul Ryan and the "No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) were trying to shut down the gov't over the routine under BOOOSH debt limit rise. Put back the recovery 4 months+ AND got our credit rating lowered- S+P blamed that on Pubs...

Great job Pubbies- and NOTHING to do with this, AZZHOLE Pub DUPE. LOL

LMAO! You just got schooled and you know it! If there was "$2.7 trillion in surplus" sitting around, it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference what Paul Ryan was doing. Swear all you want, it just shows your anger/frustration and being exposed as the liar that you are...

Wiki-In the United States, the Social Security Trust Fund is a fund

LMAO! There is NO "Social Security Trust Fund" and even the Dumbocrats admit that! Although that's exactly how it was supposed to operate, instead the SS taxes have gone directly to the "general fund" to pay for everything from wars to Dumbocrat wasteful pork...

You eat up the wing nut propaganda as fast as the idiot liberal Dumbocrats can feed it to you....

Sure, Pub dupe. And thanks for the Depression and mindless obstruction. You'll get it the next 4 years, when your lying greedy heroes are proven wrong and hypocrites...

Medicare in the long term is a disaster waiting to happen. That does not mean it cannot be saved in its present form. There are many possible solutions without taking the wrecking ball to it. The solution I favor most is raising the retirement age. Personally, I have no intention of retiring before I am 70, so I won't need Medicare until then so long as I can purchase insurance. My father is 75 and still works full-time.

You do realize the Feds spent that "surplus" years ago, right?

Mostly under Dubya. Do you actually believe Americans want our country to default, because scumbags like you approved the Bush economics?

A lot of Americans don't care if we default. We call those Americans "Democrats." A lot of them are greedy old geezers who are happy to saddle their children and grandchilren with trillions in debt if it means those SS checks will keep coming.

Medicare in the long term is a disaster waiting to happen. That does not mean it cannot be saved in its present form. There are many possible solutions without taking the wrecking ball to it. The solution I favor most is raising the retirement age. Personally, I have no intention of retiring before I am 70, so I won't need Medicare until then so long as I can purchase insurance. My father is 75 and still works full-time.

That wouldn't be Medicare "in its present form."

Actually Dick Suck said it in another thread, they dont pay doctors and hospitals, and guess what, the doctors and hospitals dont take Medicare patients...which leads to .........RATIONING!

You do realize the Feds spent that "surplus" years ago, right?

Mostly under Dubya. Do you actually believe Americans want our country to default, because scumbags like you approved the Bush economics?

So wait you're saying our country is going in default because of W spending $4trillion more in 8 years, but you're just peachy with OBama's $5 trillion in 4 years? You do know that is retarded, correct?

Ok so why havent they been done?

Cons have hated Social Security and have tried to end it ever since its inception. Now they want to give the money in it to their Wall Street friends. A good deal for them, and bad for seniors.

There is no money in it, dipshit. Congress spent every last dime.

What Republicans want is for people to decide themselves how their Social Security money is invested. After all, allowing Congress to "invest" it sure worked out great, didn't it?

Cons have hated Social Security and have tried to end it ever since its inception. Now they want to give the money in it to their Wall Street friends. A good deal for them, and bad for seniors.

You're right junky, the government has no programs that need reform and those two are doing awesome.....demographics havent changed, and I bet you see Peter Pan in your NEVER NEVER LAND

Sure is a damn lie. Social Security hasn't had any money in it for years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back