Patrick Moore

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Patrick Moore!

I notice that when his name comes up, warmists goes to the floor in tremors, saying he was never a Founding member of Greenpeace and other silly nonsense. They hate him because he dares to speak out against global warming and other bogus environmental issues.

He left in 1986 in part because of their environmentalist behavior became irrational. He dropped out because he wanted to be a sensible environmentalist, while Greenpeace was veering sharply into propaganda and other political crap.

I have seen Greenpeace supporters lie like hell about Dr. Moore, saying he was never in Greenpeace at all, all the while the evidence that he was in Greenpeace is ABUNDANT.

He is but one of many who gets attacked simply because he doesn't share their views.

No challenge to Patrick Moore?

Was he a FOUNDER of Greenpeace?

Surely you know about his skepticism of outlandish AGW claims?

Patrick Moore: Should We Celebrate Carbon Dioxide?

• Date: 15/10/15
  • Patrick Moore PhD, Global Warming Policy Foundation
  • Excerpt:
"My Lords and Ladies, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Thank you for the opportunity to set out my views on climate change. As I have stated publicly on many occasions, there is no definitive scientific proof, through real-world observation, that carbon dioxide is responsible for any of the slight warming of the global climate that has occurred during the past 300 years, since the peak of the Little Ice Age. If there were such a proof through testing and replication it would have been written down for all to see.

The contention that human emissions are now the dominant influence on climate is simply a hypothesis, rather than a universally accepted scientific theory. It is therefore correct, indeed verging on compulsory in the scientific tradition, to be skeptical of those who express certainty that “the science is settled” and “the debate is over”.

LINK

Maye they don't know who he is, since I have noticed their profound ignorance of climate stuff all over the forum.

Man, do you boys really NEED to stroke your egos like that? Most people let their argument do the talking.

Moore was an early founder of Greenpeace. No one (and I do mean NO ONE) has been going to the floor in tremors at the mention of his name (I can't tell you how vividly this portrays you as convinced of the worthlessness of your position) . Moore simply decided he like making money and saw a way to do it.

If you actually want to present Moore as some sort of meaningful scientists with meaningful research results, you're just going to have to make it up, as that's the only thing that Moore has ever done.

So... I think we're done here.

Man, do you boys really NEED to stroke your egos like that? Most people let their argument do the talking.

Moore was an early founder of Greenpeace. No one (and I do mean NO ONE) has been going to the floor in tremors at the mention of his name (I can't tell you how vividly this portrays you as convinced of the worthlessness of your position) . Moore simply decided he like making money and saw a way to do it.

If you actually want to present Moore as some sort of meaningful scientists with meaningful research results, you're just going to have to make it up, as that's the only thing that Moore has ever done.

So... I think we're done here.

My my, you have no idea on how ignorant you are.

Dr. Moore has been castigated in various places on the Internet, even Greenpeace denies that he is a Founder. It took Watts Up With That? blog post to destroy that lie, by showing the ORIGINAL Greenpeace board clearly showing he was LISTED as a founder along with a photograph.

The claim he left to make a lot of money is also a flat out LIE since he made clear when he resigned that it was the changed direction of Greenpeace mission that he didn't want any part of.

Did he make more money after he left Greenpeace? Yes? What a fucking surprise.

And who cares about Patrick Moore? Since he got his degree he has conducted ZERO research. His opinions are completely uninformed

And who cares about Patrick Moore? Since he got his degree he has conducted ZERO research. His opinions are completely uninformed

Again you didn't support your lie.

How surprising..................

Again you show your ignorance since he explained WHY he left Greenpeace, which has nothing to do with trying to make a lot more money. He is actually well informed in Environment causes and works in a variety of groups that requires working knowledge of the science behind it.

From The Sensible Environmentalist
But I later learned that the environmental movement is not always guided by science. As we celebrate Earth Day today, this is a good lesson to keep in mind.

At first, many of the causes we championed, such as opposition to nuclear testing and protection of whales, stemmed from our scientific knowledge of nuclear physics and marine biology. But after six years as one of five directors of Greenpeace International, I observed that none of my fellow directors had any formal science education. They were either political activists or environmental entrepreneurs. Ultimately, a trend toward abandoning scientific objectivity in favor of political agendas forced me to leave Greenpeace in 1986.

The breaking point was a Greenpeace decision to support a world-wide ban on chlorine. Science shows that adding chlorine to drinking water was the biggest advance in the history of public health, virtually eradicating water-borne diseases such as cholera. And the majority of our pharmaceuticals are based on chlorine chemistry. Simply put, chlorine is essential for our health.

My former colleagues ignored science and supported the ban, forcing my departure. Despite science concluding no known health risks – and ample benefits – from chlorine in drinking water, Greenpeace and other environmental groups have opposed its use for more than 20 years.

My my, another no research reply comes from you.

Dr. Moore is the ONLY one of the original Board of Directors of Greenpeace to have a science degree. The other 4 NEVER got one, and posted zero science papers.

You can drop your dumb act now.

So sayeth, the crick who never made a single point in the thread. The Crick who only sees bad in a man who strives to defend the environment and science research.

He has a PHD in Ecology, YOU have not shown any sign of a science education.

He was a Founding member of a once great Environmentalist organization. YOU founded nothing worthwhile.

He endured significant challenges to his activities and persevered with civility, but ultimately changes course because he had the courage to do so. YOU have yet to show a thoughtful mind here in the forum and get really hostile very fast with a lot of name calling.

He is still fights for the environment FULL time in his various boards he is on and plows part of his money into the cause he supports. YOU have yet to show that you put your life into something very worthwhile for society at large.

You are just another blind hater of a man who didn't hurt you in anyway.

You need to park your hate at the door.

Thank you for the opportunity to set out my views on climate change. As I have stated publicly on many occasions, there is no definitive scientific Proof, through real-world observation, that carbon dioxide is responsible for any of the slight warming of the global climate that has occurred during the past 300 years, since the peak of the Little Ice Age. If there were such a proof through testing and replication it would have been written down for all to see..,..
LIN
Two people showing Absolute Ignorance of Science. The article and the OP.

Scientific Theories don't get "proved", they get affirmed over time. As GW/AGW have.
There is evidence of course, and facts.

Briefly, CO2 being a Green house Gas, and by definition traps heat.

Gameover for SunsetTommy's thread that never really made it off the ground.
`

Forum List

Back