Patients with terminal illnesses made to die prematurely

what amazes me....its okay to let people die under the us system of hmos etc.....why is this any different.....why continue to bash the british system without discussing our system as it is in reality?

what amazes me....its okay to let people die under the us system of hmos etc.....why is this any different.....why continue to bash the british system without discussing our system as it is in reality?
That and some of the shitty doctors we have here. I had an asshole send me home to die when I was 23 because I did not have insurance or any money. That same prick with ears gave me meds that I had already listed as being allergic to. This whole system of protectionism for professionals like doctors and attorneys who protect one another regardless of how unethical or stupid they are is ridiculous.

Papa had a doc they called the butcher because that is exactly what he was. He butchered people and left them for dead. That asshole still practices medicine today. The medical review board would not do anything about that creep.

Where's the one about patients who are unable to purchase health insurance dying early? It happens all the time here in the US.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/uninsured.html

Uninsured Older Adults More Likely to Die
Lack of Insurance is Third-Leading Cause of Death

July 7, 2004
The risk of death among uninsured people ages 50 to 64 is 43% higher than it is for people in that age group who have insurance, according to a study in Health Affairs. That could mean that more than 105,000 U.S. residents in that age group will die prematurely in the next eight years because they lack insurance.

The researchers said that if lack of health insurance were categorized as a disease, it would be the third-leading cause of death among the near-elderly, behind heart disease and cancer. They predicted that if policymakers do not work to expand health coverage, the number of unnecessary deaths among adults in that age group could grow to more than 30,000 per year by 2015 as baby boomers age.

"The consequences of being uninsured are growing more severe, especially for this older age group," said lead author Dr. J. Michael McWilliams of Brigham and Women's. "We were surprised by the sheer number of preventable deaths."

Last edited:
For one feeding them food and water when they are close to death is more painful then not feeding them.
Also patients seem like they are better all the time when you take them off treatment.
I have never seen any elderly patient live more then two weeks after having a massive stroke and they were sedating her so she wouldn't be in pain.

I found a lady having a massive stroke, it wasn't pretty. She died a day later.
Her daughter was a bitch and was asking me if they should take her to the hospital, I was a med tech and this lady was a nurse.

Forum List

Back