Pathological chronic liars

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Aug 15, 2009.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    PATHOLOGICAL CHRONIC LIARS

Quote Glen Meakem, talk show host, Pittsburg, Pa speaking at the Americas for Prosperity conference.

“Elderly members of your families will have to attend compulsory attend end-of-life required counseling session every 5 years

Why would 75% of Americans and most of congress approve a bill doing this to their elderly family members (obama‘s mother-inlaw? THEY WOULDN’T. Simple as that. And anyone believing this have incapacitated brain waves or chips planted in their brains.

Obama you have got to address this, because people are believing this HUMAN EXCREMENT.
    cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    The Senate has addressed it, by removing these provisions from their version of the bill. Two of the House versions still contain it, however.

3. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, obviously telling Obama HERE that he must address it will certainly get the job done...:eusa_eh:

4. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    Why is it still being talked about. It was a voluntary program paid for by the gov't. I have a living will because I want my end of life care to be my decision and not my familiy members. I had to pay for it. I made provision for hospic care.

5. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    This was sent to obama also.l

6. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I do hope you spent more time proofreading your submission to him than you did here...

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    Yeah, I would have written "shit" instead of "human excrement".

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    As the bill stood, your advance preparations would be scrutinized by the government. The objection is, the government shouldn't be involved whatsoever in end of life decisions, and taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for it. That's strictly a family matter, a deeply personal one. Kudos to the Senate for removing this Orwellian shit from their version of the bill.

It's still being talked about because it was quite a shock when people found out this was in the bill. And it's making folks scrutinize this bill much more closely.

Which by the way, is what Obama and Congress tried very hard to avoid, hence their end of July deadline they had for getting this passed and on Obama's desk before anyone had a chance to properly examine it.

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,710
    What cracks me up about this whole Health Care Reform dog and pony show is the fact we have Obama flying all around the country like he's still campaigning for office trying to sell a bill to America that he knows nothing about because the final bill hasn't even been written yet. He doesn't have a clue what will be in it until it comes out of Congress - if it ever does. He doesn't know how it will be paid for and he doesn't even know who will be entitled to the "free" health care. He says the bill will include all of these "wonderful" things but unless he gets busy and writes a bill to send to Congress asking for such he's just blowing smoke. I've never seen such a big group of people, like these Congressmen, wanting something that they couldn't even agree on what it is they wanted. The other side of that coin is that the biggest majority of the American public does not want the government dabbling in their health care at all. The Democrats best be very careful about what they are doing because if they ram this Health Care Bill through Congress inspite of the will of the people there will be lots of unemployed Democrats come the next election. People aren't going to roll over for this the same way they did for the Stimulus Package and the government take over of the auto industry. They are tired of the government spending so much money with very poor, if any, real results. Time for the Dems to pause a bit and take a deep breath before they jump into the deep end of the pool.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  10. Vast LWC

Vast LWC <-Mohammed

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +871
    All financial decisions are "scrutinized" by the government. This is commonly known as a "Tax Audit".

As far as this language goes, it was always strictly voluntary, just like it was in 2003, when it was included in the Republican drug bill.

Of course the right-wingers haven't mentioned this little nugget, have they?

What's up with that? Why did Republicans approve federal "Death Panels" in 2003???