Pat Buchanan: People making $250,000.00 a year are really "suffering".

R

rdean

On Morning Joe, Pat said Obama and the Democrats don't understand that people making $250,000.00 a year really suffering. They are paying more for food. They are paying more for gas. Private schools are expensive. Many are putting their children through college and that's expensive.
They can't even afford a "summer home".

Pat was pleading for these pitiful people. Barely making ends meet. And not a single person on Joe's panel asked the obvious question, "What about people making $40,000.00 a year?"

I think I understand the Republican point of view now. Anyone making below $250,000.00 a year is simply not worth helping. Not worth anything at all.

On Morning Joe, Pat said Obama and the Democrats don't understand that people making $250,000.00 a year really suffering. They are paying more for food. They are paying more for gas. Private schools are expensive. Many are putting their children through college and that's expensive.

Pat was pleading for these pitiful people. Barely making ends meet. And not a single person on Joe's panel asked the obvious question, "What about people making $40,000.00 a year?"

I think I understand the Republican point of view now. Anyone making below $250,000.00 a year is simply not worth helping. Not worth anything at all.

Jealous much?

Pat is a retarded racist. I can't believe he's still on Morning Joe. He must be their token...

Morning Joe is very conservative and right wing. They fawned over the Governor of Florida who cut 1.7 billion from education. They love Scott Walker. They go on about how wonderful Paul Ryan is. Christie is a "god".

They spend most of the show ragging on Democrats and Obama the most.

Now this is what's funny. If Joe loses a debate, and anytime anyone presents "facts", like all Republicans, he loses. Joe raises his voice, finally, he faces away from the table and pouts. He's got to be in his 50's. He pouts and won't "join in". The guy is so immature.

Today the rich are defined at ...$250,000?

Bet all those $100,000,000 folks in the Senate are laughing their asses off.

Pat Buchanan is an idiot, like you.

Pat is a retarded racist. I can't believe he's still on Morning Joe. He must be their token...

Morning Joe is very conservative and right wing. They fawned over the Governor of Florida who cut 1.7 billion from education. They love Scott Walker. They go on about how wonderful Paul Ryan is. Christie is a "god".

Now this is what's funny. If Joe loses a debate, and anytime anyone presents "facts", like all Republicans, he loses. Joe raises his voice, finally, he faces away from the table and pouts. He's got to be in his 50's. He pouts and won't "join in". The guy is so immature.

Scarboro sucks. I can't stand the guy. He yells and pouts like a 12 yr old brat. Every time I watch it I end up screaming at them for kissing [insert Republican]'s ass instead of asking a tough question.

Scarboro sucks. I can't stand the guy. He yells and pouts like a 12 yr old brat. Every time I watch it I end up screaming at them for kissing [insert Republican]'s ass instead of asking a tough question.

I agree that Scarborough is a childish wingnut. It's hard to believe MSNBC built a show around him. They should turn that whole show over to Willie Geist. He's a class act from what I've seen.

Most of the "people" he is probably talking about would be, SMALL BUSINESS owners. You know the mom and pop types..

But you idiots out there railing against people who make 250,000 probably don't give a shit about them either. They would be considered RICH in you eyes.

I believe that the affluent upper middle class (of which I am not a member, I note) probably IS getting screwed when it comes to the rate of taxes they usually pay.

Of course from the perspective of one making the median income for a worker in the USA (that's about $21,000 a year) somebody making $250K probably looks prety rich.

But I've known truly "rich" folks.

Believe me, they live on a different planet than we do.

Yeah....sure, Pat......and, they're entitled to.....

.....as well, right?

Buchanan's Support Isn't A One-Way Street.

images

handjob.gif

Last edited:
What you people don't seem to understand when you see a 250K income is that a lot of business owners who come close to making that amount do not actually get paid 250K a year.

People who own businesses and reinvest their profits are subject to long drawn out depreciation schedules. I might have reinvested 100K into my business this year but only a fraction of that can be written off.

So even though my AGI on the bottom line of the tax form reads 250K my actual income was substantially less.

So you see it is very easy for someone who the government says earns 250K to actually realize a significantly lower income.

Today the rich are defined at ...$250,000?

Bet all those $100,000,000 folks in the Senate are laughing their asses off.

Who said the rich are defined at making 250 grand? Oh, you did.

If you didn't understand this was about "faux suffering" then you missed the boat.

Hmmmmmm. It sounds to me like you might need a new accountant.

It seems to me that you would like to make capital investments in your business without making the investment. If the investment that you make will not pay......if it does not bring you more after-tax income than it costs you......then you have made a bad investment. As a businessman, aren't you looking beyond the next tax return?

These poor people who can barely afford a summer home, or to send their kids to private school should be pitied?

What you people don't seem to understand when you see a 250K income is that a lot of business owners who come close to making that amount do not actually get paid 250K a year.
What you CLEARLY don't understand is that $250K number is their income AFTER they take all their expenses, reinvest whatever amount they can in their businesses and so forth.

That is their gross income AFTER expenses.

What you CLEARLY don't understand is that $250K number is their income AFTER they take all their expenses, reinvest whatever amount they can in their businesses and so forth.

Thanks for proving my point that you don't understand depreciation schedules.

I paid income taxes on money I spent on improvements to my business. I never received that money as income but I can only write off a fraction of it in any one year.

Do you really think that 100% of all money spent by businesses is able to be written off in one lump sum?

Come on Ed give me some credit here. I've been working for myself for most of my adult life. I know what I'm talking about.

And?

You think that having a large income means you don't find it difficult when that income doesn't go as far as it did previously? Most people are quite foolish with their income. They buy houses that stretch their finances. They run cars, pay for private school, pay for after school activities, phones, utilities, and everything else. They will find it hard to manage just as much as those with lesser incomes.

Do I feel especially sorry for them? No. But that doesn't make their suffering any less valid.

And?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFXJzLciV2M]Rachel Maddow smacks down racist Pat Buchanan - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfoUuOwAaIc]Pat Buchanan Racist Rant on Rachel Maddow Show - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEOdQ3-cfeE]Bill Maher and guests on Pat Buchanan - YouTube[/ame]​

New Topics

Forum List

Back