Past due time for scraping the Veterans Administration.

More BS from the VA those who defend it are part of the problem. At this point how can you argue that private health care wouldn't be better than the broken system we have or any system as long as it gets rid of a bloated bureaucracy that does nothing for the patients.

VA Hospital Staff Resigns After Veteran Dies With Maggot Infested Wound
30,000 to 50,000 people die from private hospital caused infections yearly.

Quiet, TK, about what you don't know. It is obviously not your day to use the alt-right brain.

Last edited:
From the source:

The maggots were not the cause of death for this veteran, a Fox News local affiliate reported. Executive Director Myles Deering told reporters:

“He did not succumb as a result of the parasites, he succumbed as a result of the sepsis.”

The veteran arrived at the facility with an infection which later turned to sepsis; a bacterial infection that can lead to organ failure and death. The veteran has been identified as 73-year-old Owen Reese Peterson.

An investigation into the Peterson’s death is currently being conducted. A physician’s assistant and three nurses, one of whom was the director of nursing, who were involved in the man’s care have resigned. A spokesperson for the VA told reporters that the VA had planned on firing these staff members. He said:

“All four chose to resign before the termination process began.”

VA, in general, is as good as or superior to most private hospital care.

We have many veterans on the Board who can attest to that. I am one.

More BS from the VA those who defend it are part of the problem. At this point how can you argue that private health care wouldn't be better than the broken system we have or any system as long as it gets rid of a bloated bureaucracy that does nothing for the patients.

One of the issues is that the VA Health Care system was designed to take care of our military, to honor the promise we made to them - a health care system that put them 1st because it was only for them so they would not have to suffer the EXACT problems this Beaurocracy has created - extremely LONG waiting times, poor service when / if they ever do get any, etc.

If you get rid of the VA you dump the Vets into al already boated system suffering long waiting times.

The government should put some experienced, go-getter , ass-kicking Retired Medical Military members to step in with a team that has the authority to slash and burn the Beaurocracy, cut the bloated numbers in the ranks of that Beaurocracy, get rid of all these self-serving massive bonus-receiving 'CEOs', potentially take money AWAY from these 'CEOs' if their response time / performance is abysmal, raise the salaries of their doctors and medical staff, improve a program that offers the best and brightest medical graduates to come in for 2 - 4 years and have their college debt wiped out, etc...

IMO, dumping vets into the massive sea of everyone in the nation is not making the vets the priority, giving them the service, and keeping the promise we made them.

One of the issues is that the VA Health Care system was designed to take care of our military, to honor the promise we made to them - a health care system that put them 1st because it was only for them so they would not have to suffer the EXACT problems this Beaurocracy has created - extremely LONG waiting times, poor service when / if they ever do get any, etc.

If you get rid of the VA you dump the Vets into al already boated system suffering long waiting times.

The government should put some experienced, go-getter , ass-kicking Retired Medical Military members to step in with a team that has the authority to slash and burn the Beaurocracy, cut the bloated numbers in the ranks of that Beaurocracy, get rid of all these self-serving massive bonus-receiving 'CEOs', potentially take money AWAY from these 'CEOs' if their response time / performance is abysmal, raise the salaries of their doctors and medical staff, improve a program that offers the best and brightest medical graduates to come in for 2 - 4 years and have their college debt wiped out, etc...

IMO, dumping vets into the massive sea of everyone in the nation is not making the vets the priority, giving them the service, and keeping the promise we made them.
easy, that's good advice. But maybe, just maybe, we as voters could be of service to our service men and women by making it clear to our legislators that this issue is important to us. I do not think Tammy Duckworth is either unaware or indifferent to the problems of the VA. The worst problems cited seems to be in remote areas and you'd think all those brilliant Congressional minds could fix this in a heartbeat, yet year after year and decade after decade and admin after admin the problems continue. I like your suggestion. I think it is a solution. But unless Congress acts, all the shouting and ass-kicking of lower echelons will just be pissing into the wind. I think when you and me start raising hell and withholding votes, we could get some action. Lets organize!

easy, that's good advice. But maybe, just maybe, we as voters could be of service to our service men and women by making it clear to our legislators that this issue is important to us. I do not think Tammy Duckworth is either unaware or indifferent to the problems of the VA. The worst problems cited seems to be in remote areas and you'd think all those brilliant Congressional minds could fix this in a heartbeat, yet year after year and decade after decade and admin after admin the problems continue. I like your suggestion. I think it is a solution. But unless Congress acts, all the shouting and ass-kicking of lower echelons will just be pissing into the wind. I think when you and me start raising hell and withholding votes, we could get some action. Lets organize!
I would give you more 'Winners' if I could. Great post!

So your saying that places like Phoenix Arizona are remote areas.?
A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

or Long Island
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/n...arking-lot-of-va-hospital-on-long-island.html

I can go on ad nauseum posting issues across the entire VA system. The best care I have received and that ain't much has been at small clinics in the smaller towns or on military post. . The worst have been in cities like New Orleans or Montgomery AL. neither of which are rural areas. The issues with the VA are across the board and will never get fixed by the politicians who only care when its an election cycle or when they can score partisan points off of a rival

30,000 to 50,000 people die from private hospital caused infections yearly.

Quiet, TK, about what you don't know. It is obviously not your day to use the alt-right brain.
Fuck you jackass the man had maggots in his wound I know it doesn't mean shit to you but it does to me. Please point out any goddamn part of my OP thats mentions left or right and while your at it hold your fucking breath while you look.

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

or Long Island
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/25/n...arking-lot-of-va-hospital-on-long-island.html

I can go on ad nauseum posting issues across the entire VA system. The best care I have received and that ain't much has been at small clinics in the smaller towns or on military post. . The worst have been in cities like New Orleans or Montgomery AL. neither of which are rural areas. The issues with the VA are across the board and will never get fixed by the politicians who only care when its an election cycle or when they can score partisan points off of a rival

The VA was never intended to deal with wave after wave of veterans returning from foreign wars year after year, with catastrophic injuries which take years to recover from.

The types of injuries which can be survived today, would have been fatal in WWII, but that survival comes at a huge price tag for modern medical technology.

The VA doesn't have the resources to support the size and scope of today's military.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

No, TK, you cannot "go on ad nauseum" about the VA.

It is generally better than the private system.

If you don't like it, then stay away from VA.

Congress won't shut down the system.

or Long Island

The VA was never intended to deal with wave after wave of veterans returning from foreign wars year after year, with catastrophic injuries which take years to recover from.

The types of injuries which can be survived today, would have been fatal in WWII, but that survival comes at a huge price tag for modern medical technology.

The VA doesn't have the resources to support the size and scope of today's military.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I don't know if this sheds any light on the issue or changes the nuance at all, but this article states that the Oklahoma Vets Affairs is 'separate' from the Fed Vets Affairs. I'm not sure what that means or who has the responsibility for vets like this mistreated victim. Does anyone know? No guesses, but really know, how this Vets care partnership with the States is supposed to work?

Oopa, almost forgot...Vet Dies With Maggots Crawling In His Wound, Four Employees At VA Hospital Immediately Resign

Vet died from blood poisoning not from the maggots or anything the maggots did (in the link).

Find more about Oklahoma Dept of Veteran Affairs here. Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs |
In the past, maggots have been used to clean wounds. Had the man's wound not been septic, they would not have been there. I suppose because of neglect, flies did what they do, hence maggots...doing what they do. The thought makes you gag, but they are actually cleaners. It is the human neglect that is criminal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back