Parts of Los Angeles area hit 110 degrees

I take it you don't work for a corporation? "Diversification" is how they maintain growth and if you want to know what drives a corporation the ONLY word of ANY value is "Growth".

Diversification sometimes makes sense if it's something profitable.
Many conglomerates were broken up because some diversification is just pointless.
The waste I was talking about was on the research.

Temperatures spiking from100 to 120 degrees F is pretty typical of most of California's central valley in the summer. LA is a heat island because of high population density an paving.

I grew up in LA and these temperatures weren't that uncommon. At least once every few years, and this was 40+ years ago.

Sacramento just barely broke the all-time high temperature record this week, which was set in 1925.

Such as?

Yeah, research is for losers I suppose. The best way to grow a company is to gut the R&D spend.

Such as?

LTV. Teledyne.

Yeah, research is for losers I suppose.

Yes, research on climate change by oil companies is a loser.

The best way to grow a company is to gut the R&D spend.

Climate change spending by Exxon is pretty much the opposite of R&D, but thanks for the chuckle.

I think, overall, Cali is, at most, only about 25% desert surface. Remember there's all the stuff in the northern half. The Southern half is best left alone. I ran away from it as fast as I could after living outside SD for about 10 years. Ugh.
I lived in Barstow in the middle of the Mojave desert 69-71. But much more of CA is a technical desert than just SoCal. The central valley receives less than 10" of rain per year making it a desert.

Flood Warnings up in San Diego ... Tropical Storm Kay is "fixing" SoCal's heat problem ... here's my quote from last Tuesday ... did I call this or not ... HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ...

You guys make amateurs look good ...

Forum List

Back