Partisan politics

garyd

Dec 19, 2008
Oklahoma
I, for one, am sick of this binch of loons trying to blame everything on partisan politics? Any country, anywhere, that has free and fair elections will have partisan Politics. It is as unavoidable as breathing and as natural.

And of course the critics of this will complain, "Shouldn't they compromise for the good of the country?"

To which, of course, the obvious reply is, "And what about the compromise do you think is good for the country?"

I've said it before and I am about to say it again, "There is no merit whatever in compromising with one whose idea to keep the boat afloat long enough to get to that island just this side of the Horizon is to drill some more holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water."

This latest stimulus package is a case in point. A bill that is bad is still bad even if you reduce its level of awfulness to only seventy-five percent as bad as it was before the compromise.

Nice deflection. Must be something in that Democratic Koolaid. You will please note I didn't address this particular rant to Democrats or Republicans. This is about partisan politics. Patisan politics are a good thing and a guarantor of human freedom. Why because a government that operates in a vacuum is a government that is prone to excess as any government anywhere is. It is in the nature of those who weild power to try to gain more of it. Partisan politics is a hedge against that behavior.

Now see if you can stay on topic.

I'd be more appreciative of partisan politics if but only the partisans were smarter.

Clueless drivel hunh edit? That the best you can do? Come on some one right, left, or center get in here and actually make a worthwhile comment that is on topic. So show me where I'm wrong del.

Last edited:
Clueless drivel hunh edit? That the best you can do? Come on some one right, left, or center get in here and actually make a worthwhile comment that is on topic. So show me where I'm wrong del.

well, i don't believe i said you were wrong, but surely you'll agree that a certain % of both parties would back the party line regardless of what it was.

i've never been a party guy. i believe in fiscal responsibility and i believe that one of the most important functions of govt is to help those who, through no fault of their own, can't help themselves. i believe in a strong defense and adherence to the ideas that washington and eisenhower laid out in their farewell addresses.

i guess if i could find a party that supported those principles, i'd be a partisan of that party. so far, no such luck.

I, for one, am sick of this binch of loons trying to blame everything on partisan politics? Any country, anywhere, that has free and fair elections will have partisan Politics. It is as unavoidable as breathing and as natural.

And of course the critics of this will complain, "Shouldn't they compromise for the good of the country?"

To which, of course, the obvious reply is, "And what about the compromise do you think is good for the country?"

I've said it before and I am about to say it again, "There is no merit whatever in compromising with one whose idea to keep the boat afloat long enough to get to that island just this side of the Horizon is to drill some more holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water."

This latest stimulus package is a case in point. A bill that is bad is still bad even if you reduce its level of awfulness to only seventy-five percent as bad as it was before the compromise.

I'm trying to make the connection between partisan politics and the stimulus package. Politicians on BOTH sides believe they can spend us out of a hole. Never mind that even if it works temporarily, the bill is going to come due again, and it's going to be bigger and uglier than this time.

But I don't really see partisanship here, other than followers blindly supporting the guy they voted for without giving any real thought to what is actually going on. Hell, THAT would require a brain.:lol:

I see stupid politicians on both sides who STILL haven't learned spending your way out of debt doesn't work. But make no mistake, the fat cats in DC are taking care of their cronies first.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I'd explain it to you, Garyd, but you know how that ruins a good joke.

well, i don't believe i said you were wrong, but surely you'll agree that a certain % of both parties would back the party line regardless of what it was.

i've never been a party guy. i believe in fiscal responsibility and i believe that one of the most important functions of govt is to help those who, through no fault of their own, can't help themselves. i believe in a strong defense and adherence to the ideas that washington and eisenhower laid out in their farewell addresses.

i guess if i could find a party that supported those principles, i'd be a partisan of that party. so far, no such luck.

Can you clarify the statement in bold? Who are the people that can't help themselves?

I'm trying to make the connection between partisan politics and the stimulus package. Politicians on BOTH sides believe they can spend us out of a hole. Never mind that even if it works temporarily, the bill is going to come due again, and it's going to be bigger and uglier than this time.

But I don't really see partisanship here, other than followers blindly supporting the guy they voted for without giving any real thought to what is actually going on. Hell, THAT would require a brain.:lol:

I see stupid politicians on both sides who STILL haven't learned spending your way out of debt doesn't work. But make no mistake, the fat cats in DC are taking care of their cronies first.
and they always will
untill you make it so that they cant exempt themselves from the laws they write

Forum List

Back