Parents: How Would You React?

How Would You React?

• Total voters
The Link Between Animal Abuse and Serial Killers - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods. "Researchers as well as FBI and other law enforcement agencies nationwide have linked animal cruelty to domestic violence, child abuse, serial killings and to the recent rash of killings by school age children", says Dr. Randall Lockwood (vice president of training and initiatives for the Humane Society of the United States.
Some children are cruel to and torture animals to impress their peers, but future serial killers usually torture animals purely for their own enjoyment. Animal abuse is a recognized sign of a mental disorder. If a child hurts animals it should be a red flag and immediate action should be taken. While there are many factors that contribute to someone becoming a serial killer, the one constant they share is animal abuse.

Last edited:
No harm, no foul...

Do they fear you would do their children harm? Makes no sense, a very real learning experiance...

Ther kids dont really matter do they ?

ONLY your poltical opinion matters huh?

DONT TEACH KIDS anything if you dont understand how to avoid damaging them

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods.

only your opinions matter huh?

You dont care about the kids.

Albert Disalvo (better known as the Boston Strangler) used to trap dogs and cats as a child and then shoot them with arrows.

Edward Emil Kemper lll was convicted of killing eight women, one of which was his own mother. When he was thirteen yrs. old he would kill neighborhood cats and put their heads on poles. Kemper killed his own cat, decapitated it and then cut it into small pieces. This is the same thing he did to his own mother!

David Berkowitz was convicted of thirteen murders and attempted murders. He used to abuse the neighborhood dogs. He shot one neighbors dog because according to him, the dog was an "evil force" that compelled him to kill.

Ted Bundy was convicted of two murders though he was suspected of at least forty! Bundy used to watch as his own father tortured animals. Eventually, Bundy did the same.

Andrew Cunanan was the man who killed designer Versace and was suspected in the murders of five other people. Cunanan used to gather crabs and then burn their eyes out with a lighted match. He would watch their eyes sizzle then turn them loose.

I would have had no problem if this was my children at that age.
Obviously as long as you didn't allow them to touch things or handle the knife - the rest is appropriate.
As a matter of fact, if my son ran in the house and said "Mr. So-so is skinning a rabbit, I asked if I could try it - he said I had to ask you." I would have followed him over there and and let him at it.

The parents were over-protective. For whatever reason in the past 25 years or so parents insulate their children far-far too much.

So you get to overide their parents for you stupid politcal beliefs?

Got cha you fucking hypocrit

Jesus Christ...here we go again with more blitzkrieg posting by Truthdoesntmatter.
You know TM...posting 4-5 post in a row only annoys people - and they sure as hell don't read them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Yesterday morning I took my .22 rimfire out to some local farmland where I have permission to shoot small game. I had a good day and brought back four pigeons and five rabbits. In the early evening next door's kids were playing in their garden while I was skinning and plucking what I'd shot. My neighbour's boundry is a flimsey trellis with vines woven through the woodwook. On the other side the children (all aged around 8-10) had noticed what I was doing and took an interest; though showed no sign of revulsion. They asked me if what I was skinning was real. At this point I realised this was an opportunity to impart valuable a lesson upon my young audience. I confirmed what I was handling was real and that I'd shot them. I followed that by asking them if they knew where the meat they ate came from. They were unsure. I informed them it most likely came from a farm via an abbatoir, and I didn't pull any punches. I told them how the meat they saw on their table was killed and processed. I also showed them the organs I'd removed from the carcasses. I then showed them the gun and how it works. They were enthralled. Towards the end of my ad-hoc lecture their childminder called them away. After they'd gone inside she approached the fence and informed me that it's irresponsible to expose children to the stark reality of how meat ends-up on their table. I told her she was being absurd and it was genuinely irresponsible to shield children from the facts, however grissly.

I kind of expected a reaction from our neighbours over what had transpired and I was proven right. At around 8 o'clock both parents knocked on our door. To cut a long story short they weren't overly objective to what their children had been told and seen, but said they'd prefer it if I'd send their curious kids away in future.

Now, I realised what I'd done would provoke a reaction of sorts, and I affirmed that I believed what their kids had seen was a positive experience. To their credit they were polite, but replied with equal conviction that they believed it was innapropriate, although by then I was growing irritable at their naivity. I reinforced my position by reminding them I was at liberty to do whatever I pleased within my own property as long as it's within the law: it isn't illegal to eviscerate a dead animal. We parted on civil terms. But this whole episode got me thinking over whether or not my neighnours' mentality presides among the majority: meat comes from a little plastic tray wrapped in polythene. And should we allow that way of thinking/naivity to continue by 'protecting' them from the ugly facts/reality. I say that it should be impressed upon them from infancy how the meat they enjoy arrives on their table. What about you?

It is actually not your place to take it upon yourself to "teach" the curious kids about such things.

I don't believe that what you did is "actionable" in the sense of legal recourse or the like. Nor should it be. If I were one of the neighbor kids' parents, I imagine my reaction would have been similarly polite but equally critical and I, too, would ask you to send my kids home instead of "teaching" them.

Frankly, it's bad enough we permit professional educators in public schools (or even in private schools) to "teach" some of the things they teach without our specific approval. But those professionals, at least, have some guidance and standards. And there has been in place a process by which we can have collective input on what they may teach and what they may not teach.

There is no such institutional type "check" on a neighbor.

And you said it yourself. You chose not to hold anything back. You said,

I realised this was an opportunity to impart valuable a lesson upon my young audience. I confirmed what I was handling was real and that I'd shot them. I followed that by asking them if they knew where the meat they ate came from. They were unsure. I informed them it most likely came from a farm via an abbatoir, and I didn't pull any punches. * * * *

"impart valuable a lesson" = insert personal value system HERE!

"asking them if they knew where the meat they ate came from" = choice to go beyond the more limited question put to you by the kids; a value judgment which was not yours to make FOR other people's children.

"I informed them it most likely came from a farm via an [abattoir], and I didn't pull any punches." = A choice to answer your own question is a value decision made unilaterally by you with the same inherent problems noted above. And you KNEW, unquestionably, that it was a values issue because you couched it yourself as a decision involving no pulling of punches. Again, that was not properly YOUR decision to make for other people's kids.

It might very well be that you ended up being a better "teacher" than some of the professionals. But that doesn't change the fact that you made choices that were not properly yours to make.

Early Childhood Trauma | National Child Traumatic Stress Network - Child Trauma Home

Early childhood trauma generally refers to the traumatic experiences that occur to children aged 0-6. Because infants' and young children's reactions may be different from older children's, and because they may not be able to verbalize their reactions to threatening or dangerous events, many people assume that young age protects children from the impact of traumatic experiences. When young children experience or witness a traumatic event, sometimes adults say, "They're too young to understand, so it's probably better if we don't talk to them about it." However, young children are affected by traumatic events, even though they may not understand what happened.

Sometimes adults say, 'They're too young to understand.'

However, young children are affected by traumatic events,

even though they may not understand what happened.

A growing body of research has established that young children-even infants—may be affected by events that threaten their safety or the safety of their parents/caregivers, and their symptoms have been well documented. These traumas can be the result of intentional violence—such as child physical or sexual abuse, or domestic violence—or the result of natural disaster, accidents, or war. Young children also may experience traumatic stress in response to painful medical procedures or the sudden loss of a parent/caregiver.

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods.

Mother Teresa and Gandhi both knew how to skin an animal. They no-doubt passed on this knowledge to those they cared for so they would have a means to feed themselves after parting company. What monsters they must have been.

You are a riot.

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers also ate vegetables during their childhood.

Albert Disalvo (better known as the Boston Strangler) used to trap dogs and cats as a child and then shoot them with arrows.

Edward Emil Kemper lll was convicted of killing eight women, one of which was his own mother. When he was thirteen yrs. old he would kill neighborhood cats and put their heads on poles. Kemper killed his own cat, decapitated it and then cut it into small pieces. This is the same thing he did to his own mother!

David Berkowitz was convicted of thirteen murders and attempted murders. He used to abuse the neighborhood dogs. He shot one neighbors dog because according to him, the dog was an "evil force" that compelled him to kill.

Ted Bundy was convicted of two murders though he was suspected of at least forty! Bundy used to watch as his own father tortured animals. Eventually, Bundy did the same.

Andrew Cunanan was the man who killed designer Versace and was suspected in the murders of five other people. Cunanan used to gather crabs and then burn their eyes out with a lighted match. He would watch their eyes sizzle then turn them loose.

You're 1 in a billion TM, only you would associate this with serial killers...

STFU....

Mother Teresa and Gandhi both knew how to skin an animal. They no-doubt passed on this knowledge to those they cared for so they would have a means to feed themselves after parting company. What monsters they must have been.

so your going to pretend I never said that children raised with hunting abosorb this information slowly as they mature?

Look , A child who did not know they were eating real live animals walking up to their neighbor slicing up a cute little bunny in the yard and being told its great to slice up little animals you find and kill so you can eat them up is tramatic for the child.

Go ahead and be fucking selfish all you want.

You are the monster next door now

...brought back four pigeons and five rabbits.

I think sharing the field dressing of that game with the curious neighbor kids was a wonderful idea, despite the illogical and ridiculous concerns expressed by some. Kids should know where meat comes from.

That said, it's late March and you're in England? Hunting season usually closes for all game in February, mid March at the latest. Why are you hunting out of season? That does not bode well for next season's rabbit population.

right wingers can do whatever they want huh?

yeah its pretty much what you people are

Forum List

Back