Paranoid TSA checkpoint agents arrest man over harmless Arabic flashcards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cal, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Paranoid TSA checkpoint agents arrest man over harmless Arabic flashcards | Gadling.com
    :eek:..What a joke! Aren't these guys supposed to be protecting us from REAL threats?!

All you have to do is be a Muslim or speak Arabic to be suspected of being a terrorist?! :cuckoo:

IMO, They should start arresting those with the Bible in their luggage..All that violent language in there..Someone might be planning an attack! :cool:

:lol:

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    On the day you are responsible for protecting your fellow Americans, come back and tell us what an easy job it is. In other words, think before you reach a conclusion.

Oops, I forgot, your a lefty - you are not taught how to think, just what to think.

3. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    I fully intend on joining the Military as soon as I'm of age. Want to join with me?

How could you draw anything from this story other than these guys were 'arrest a terrorist happy?'

Nice joke. It's funny you should say that seeing, FOX Is the highest rated in Cable News, Rush is the highest rated in talk radio. Who can't think for themselves again?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    TSA=Thousands Standing Around

It is the most useless organization in gov't. It has not kept anyone safer. It has provided an illusion of safety, but only an iillusion. And it commits social atrocities like this one regularly. Remember the CMH winner who was detained because he had an odd-shaped piece of metal on him? An 80 year old WW2 hero.
    There was a blog about someone who snuck on airplanes regularly with all kinds of contraband stuff like shampoo and matches.
    Scrap that and find some system that actually works.

5. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    NO offense to any TSA worker, but the people working these things are not very highly educated, dont' require a huge amount of training, are not paid all that great, so nonsense like this is to probably be expected.

6. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    sounds like you are explaining most conservatives:lol:

7. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Well, i am a righty and I fully agree that this is bullshit. As a conservative, you should be too. This is a complete infringement on this kids 4th Amendment rights. This was an overeager TSA agent that probably got his GED the week before being hired. The agent should be fired.

8. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,764
    A single incident of poor judgement. But not proof that this is the norm.

Gotta love that leftist hypocrisy. Unwilling to draw conclusions from piles and piles of crime & race statistics, but one incident of poor judgement is more than enough to indict and entire organization. :lol: