Parallels of another era

Every protest can be perceived as a sign of disrespect for the nation and its people.

There is nothing wrong with that because every country has flaws that need to be pointed out. Even if most people don’t agree with you.

However, using your employer’s business as your sounding platform without his consent is dishonest and not protected by the First Amendment.

There will be consequences for it and you need to be prepared to accept them.

33607975_10155504054258372_5951316756483014656_n.jpg

Donald Trump Suggests Deporting Kneeling NFL Players After New Policy Revealed

"“You have to stand proudly for national anthem, or shouldn’t be playing, you shouldn’t be there,” Trump added. “Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. And the NFL owners did the right thing.”"

Wow talk about deja vu.

The NFL is a business the players are the employees if the employer does not want you using the work place to make political stands that is their right if the players want to protest and march on their own time that is fine and I fully support their right to do so. None of us not even NFL players have the right to do whatever we want on our employers time.

Trump and his moronic supporters are not fascists, of course – but like most on the right Trump is an authoritarian who seeks to compel conformity and punish dissent.

You couldn't just disagree with calling nearly half your fellow citizens fascists.

You had to attack them yourself, and then make silly claims about the President.

It seems you are the one that doesn't deal well with dissent.

It's funny. You're complaining about people insulting, and then defending Trump.... do you not see the irony here?

To a small degree.

Trump has never insulted half the nation, nor insulted any significant portion of the nation with any anything as vile as a Godwin.

Really?

He insulted his own supporters and they ignored it.

The 459 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

That probably covers most of the country.

This is what the right does. Insults, insults, insults, then one insult from the other side and they're like "Oh, you can't do that, you can't insult us, that's really bad."

It's so fucking boring.

Sorry, can't see the list.

My point stands.

To a small degree.

Trump has never insulted half the nation, nor insulted any significant portion of the nation with any anything as vile as a Godwin.

Just has insulted just about everyone.

Donald Trump could 'shoot somebody and not lose voters' - CNNPolitics

""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

What Trump actually said "My supporters are fucking stupid".

He's insulted just about everyone, even his own supporters.

Trump has been insulting the entire nation for a long time now. He threatened to not accept the results of the election. That's an insult to all people who vote.

The NFL is a business the players are the employees if the employer does not want you using the work place to make political stands that is their right if the players want to protest and march on their own time that is fine and I fully support their right to do so. None of us not even NFL players have the right to do whatever we want on our employers time.

And with that I agree.

However I also think that a company should not be forcing people into acts of patriotism.

The national anthem should not be a part of the NFL, it's about making money.

No one is ‘insulting’ anyone.

I can believe that you libs are sooo reflexively rude, that you don't realize that calling people "moronic" is an insult.

And that utter lack of awareness is what causes you to be sooo surprised and confused when people are rude BACK to you.

Liberals All the self awareness of a potted plant. A dead potted plant.

dead-potted-plant-on-white-background-picture-id467094008

But Trump does this all the time, and you don't care.

President Trump never said that. It's left wing fake news spin generated by the criminal conspiracy in the MSM.

Really?

You come on here and anything inconvenient you just say "fake news"?

Fuck off to the kiddies websites.

"“You have to stand proudly for national anthem, or shouldn’t be playing, you shouldn’t be there,” Trump added. “Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country. You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. And the NFL owners did the right thing.”"

THIS IS LIBERAL PROPAGANDA. TRUMP NEVER MENTIONED DEPORTATION

I quoted what Trump said.

I said there were parallels.

Whatever else you think has been said, is all in your imagination.

THIS IS LIBERAL PROPAGANDA. TRUMP NEVER MENTIONED DEPORTATION

I quoted what Trump said.
Right, and I don't see him mentioning deportation anywhere in that supposed quote.
I said there were parallels.
Yeah, we shit in toilets, wear clothes, and have a national anthem, too. What's your point? If they're saying they want negro rules, then there are already countries like that in Africa. Have they explored immigration options to those countries? I suspect not very seriously since those countries suck precisely because of those rules.

Every protest can be perceived as a sign of disrespect for the nation and its people.

And some of them cannot reasonably be perceived as anything but a sign of disrespect to the nation and it's people.

Such as, for one hypothetical example....

During a ritual where standing is the way to show respect to the nation and it's people, instead choosing to KNEEL.

And then, when questioned about it, verbally clarifying that the a KNEELING, was about NOT showing respect to the nation as a whole.

Anyone who can look at that, and claim it is not about the nation as a whole, is a filthy liar.

You couldn't just disagree with calling nearly half your fellow citizens fascists.

You had to attack them yourself, and then make silly claims about the President.

It seems you are the one that doesn't deal well with dissent.

It's funny. You're complaining about people insulting, and then defending Trump.... do you not see the irony here?

To a small degree.

Really?

He insulted his own supporters and they ignored it.

The 459 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

That probably covers most of the country.

This is what the right does. Insults, insults, insults, then one insult from the other side and they're like "Oh, you can't do that, you can't insult us, that's really bad."

It's so fucking boring.

Sorry, can't see the list.

My point stands.

To a small degree.

Just has insulted just about everyone.

Donald Trump could 'shoot somebody and not lose voters' - CNNPolitics

""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

What Trump actually said "My supporters are fucking stupid".

He's insulted just about everyone, even his own supporters.

Trump has been insulting the entire nation for a long time now. He threatened to not accept the results of the election. That's an insult to all people who vote.

He was making a point about polls showing very strong loyalty of his supporters.

That is not calling them stupid. That is YOUR personal take on it, not a fact.

You take your assumption and then judge others as though your opinion was fact.

This is standard normal behavior for a liberal.

BUT it is not true.

Your claim that Trump insulted his own supporters is not true.

What is true, is that your side, is the one that constantly insults large segments of the American population.

And in doing so, is tearing America apart.

No one is ‘insulting’ anyone.

I can believe that you libs are sooo reflexively rude, that you don't realize that calling people "moronic" is an insult.

And that utter lack of awareness is what causes you to be sooo surprised and confused when people are rude BACK to you.

Liberals All the self awareness of a potted plant. A dead potted plant.

dead-potted-plant-on-white-background-picture-id467094008

But Trump does this all the time, and you don't care.

Find me an example where he insulted all the Americans that supported Hillary, like Clayton, and HIllary and so many of you lefties love to do.

The fans WANTED to be insulted.

The fans who were insulted, insult the players all the time.

The fans did not want to be insulted. That is an absurd claim to make.

ALL the American fans were insulted. It is absurd to claim they insult the players all the time.

Oh, all of them were insulted, were they? Why's that?

Why were the fans insulted?

I know you can't prove all of them were insulted, that claim is just straight out of the Partisan 101 book.

Keapernick insulted the Nation as a whole.

His actions were clear, and if you managed to delude yourself about that, he verbally clarified it later, that he was refusing to respect the nation as a whole.
He did nothing of the kind

He engaged in peaceful protest. It is those who wish to deny him that right who insult the flag

No one is saying he does not have the right to protest.

He does not have the right to actively disrespect the nation and it's citizens, and still expect to be supported, and celebrated by those he has insulted.

That you are still beating that dead horse, ie pretending that someone wants to take away his right to say his stupid shit,

shows that you know that there is no defense of his actions.

They are not doing it to disrespect the nation
They do it to point out a specific problem our nation is having

The fans did not want to be insulted. That is an absurd claim to make.

ALL the American fans were insulted. It is absurd to claim they insult the players all the time.

I know you can't prove all of them were insulted, that claim is just straight out of the Partisan 101 book.

His actions were clear, and if you managed to delude yourself about that, he verbally clarified it later, that he was refusing to respect the nation as a whole.

He engaged in peaceful protest. It is those who wish to deny him that right who insult the flag

He does not have the right to actively disrespect the nation and it's citizens, and still expect to be supported, and celebrated by those he has insulted.

That you are still beating that dead horse, ie pretending that someone wants to take away his right to say his stupid shit,

When you actively show disrespect to a symbol of the nation as a whole, you are disrespecting the whole nation.

If there was any doubt to that, Keapernick verbally clarified it, that is was about NOT showing respect to the nation as a whole.

Your position is nothing more than a denial of reality. A delusional denial of painfully obvious reality.

WHY is it so important for you to protect Anti-American assholes?

Ask yourself that.

When you actively show disrespect to a symbol of the nation as a whole, you are disrespecting the whole nation.

If there was any doubt to that, Keapernick verbally clarified it, that is was about NOT showing respect to the nation as a whole.

Your position is nothing more than a denial of reality. A delusional denial of painfully obvious reality.

Ask yourself that.
It comes down to intent

They are kneeling for a specific reason. They are not kneeling in a gesture of “I hate America”
They are kneeling in silent protest of unarmed blacks being killed by police

Now, if you are in favor of police shooting unarmed blacks, you have a reason to be offended

Ask yourself that.
It comes down to intent

They are kneeling for a specific reason. They are not kneeling in a gesture of “I hate America”
They are kneeling in silent protest of unarmed blacks being killed by police

Now, if you are in favor of police shooting unarmed blacks, you have a reason to be offended

The National Anthem is a ritual to show loyalty and respect to the Nation as a whole, and to your fellow Americans.

Kneeling during that, is thus a statement AGAINST you nation as a whole.

Keapernick verbally stated that for anyone that managed to delude themselves otherwise.

Forum List

Back