Pan Am 103 >>>>Payback Is A Bitch

the following exchange between Ted Koppel of Nightline and Admiral William J. Crowe Jr. took place:

TED KOPPEL: But if I were to ask you today, was the Vincennes in international waters at the time that she shot down the Airbus –

WILLIAM J. CROWE JR.: Yes, she was.

TED KOPPEL: In international waters?

WILLIAM J. CROWE JR.: No, no, no. She was in Iran’s territorial waters.

TED KOPPEL: Let me ask you again. Where was the Vincennes at the time that she
shot down the Airbus?

WILLIAM J. CROWE JR.: She was in Iran’s territorial waters.

the following exchange between Ted Koppel of Nightline and Admiral William J. Crowe Jr. took place:

TED KOPPEL: But if I were to ask you today, was the Vincennes in international waters at the time that she shot down the Airbus –

shot down the Airbus?

Ummmm.... I checked out your sources. You wouldn't be Iranian would you? Fatah, Hezbolah?

“Sea of Lies” told the same story but in greater detail. It recounted how the “trigger happy” captain of USS Vincennes, Will Rogers III, had invaded the territorial waters of Iran looking for a fight under the pretext of rescuing a Liberian tanker, the Stoval, which in reality did not exist. Then, after creating a tense situation, the inevitable happened: it shot down a civilian airliner. What followed was a campaign of lies and fabrications at the highest levels of US government to “cover up” what had actually happened and the place of this incident within the broader US war against Iran. “The top Pentagon brass,” write John Barry and Roger Charles, “understood from the beginning that if the whole truth about the Vincennes came out, it would mean months of humiliating headlines. So the U.S. Navy did what all navies do after terrible blunders at sea: it told lies and handed out medals.”

shot down the Airbus?

Ummmm.... I checked out your sources. You wouldn't be Iranian would you? Fatah, Hezbolah?

Ummmm.... I checked out your sources. You wouldn't be a dumb ass would you? Retard? Mongoloid?

shot down the Airbus?

Ummmm.... I checked out your sources. You wouldn't be a dumb ass would you? Retard? Mongoloid?

Ummmm... No reasoned response, wonderful way to make your point. I was right, you either did forget to take your thorazine or $20 bucks says you're Iranian Revolutionary Guard or a supporter.

If one knows the history of the US’s role in the Iran-Iraq war, then the USS Vincennes affair does not come as a big surprise. In the absence of such knowledge, however, the Nightline and the subsequent Newsweek magazine reports appeared to be revelations. Many newspapers wrote about what had been reported. The Washington Post of July 1, 1992, for example, called “Public War, Secret War” a “provocative report” with an “entirely different take on the story.” It further said that ABC News and Newsweek reporter John Barry and Nightline anchor Ted Koppel made “the persuasive – though not conclusive – case that the United States not only provoked the incident but also lied to cover it up.” But, The Washington Post went on to say, once the report claimed that the US was engaged in a “‘secret war’ against Iran on behalf of its erstwhile ally in the region, Iraq,” then it moved onto “shakier ground.” Obviously The Washington Post had no clue as to how deep, long, and extensive the “secret war” of the US against Iran was

we must have known what the Brits were pulling-- but i'll bet Bush said no and that's why it took the time to get to Barry-- case closed, all said and done-- anybody think that Rahm wouldn't say yeah?-- talk amongst urselves-- Regards, probus

From the perspective of many Iranians, who knew full well the US’s role in the Iran-Iraq war, the Vincennes affair was, even if an accident, the epitome of an undeclared war against Iran. Some Iranians even went beyond that and, as The Washington Post reported on July 4, 1988, accused the US of “deliberately shooting down an Iranian civilian airliner.” In turn, they asked for revenge. Yet, as stated earlier, the downing of Iran Air Flight 655 marked the end of the Iran-Iraq war, since it had now become clear that Iran was engaged in a direct war with the US, a war that Iran could not possibly win. Almost two weeks after the downing of the civilian airliner by the USS Vincennes Iran accepted UN Resolution 598, calling for a ceasefire. On July 21, 1988, The Washington Post reported that “Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the supreme leader of Iran, took personal responsibility today for the decision to accept a cease-fire with Iraq and, in words with the ring of defeat, called it worse than swallowing poison.” The actual quotation was: “Making this decision was deadlier than swallowing poison. I submit[ted] myself to God’s will and drank this drink for His satisfaction” (The New York Times, July 21, 1988)

we must have known what the Brits were pulling-- but i'll bet Bush said no and that's why it took the time to get to Barry-- case closed, all said and done-- anybody think that Rahm wouldn't say yeah?-- talk amongst urselves-- Regards, probus

Now you see why the powers-that-be want to control the internet.

The Vincennes shoot down of the Iranian Airbus may have caused Pam Am flight 103 to brought down.
But the man the Scottish courts released, may have been framed, and has been diagnosed with cancer.
So, weather he stayed in jail or not. He may die with in a few months.

I agree with the Scottish courts with regards to releasing him,on humanitarian grounds.
I think many people in the World have a deeper respect for the Scottish legal system, as one that did the right , and humane thing,given the circumstances.

1988: The US intervenes on Iraq’s side in the eight-year war it helped start against Iran. A US Navy Aegis cruiser, "Vincennes," violates Iranian waters and "mistakenly" shoots down an Iranian civilian Airbus airliner in Iran’s air space. All 288 civilians aboard die. "Vincennes" is known in the US Navy as "robocruiser" for its extremely aggressive, provocative actions against Iran.

To Iran’s fury, the "Vincennes" trigger-happy captain was subsequently decorated by President Bush Senior with the Legion of Merit medal for this crime. Washington quietly paid the families of the Iranian victims US$131.8 million in damages.

Five months later, Pan Am 103 with 270 aboard is destroyed by a bomb over Lockerbie, Scotland. The US and Britain pressure Scotland to convict Meghrahi, who insists he is innocent. His co-defendant, another Libyan security agent, was acquitted. Serious questions about the evidence were raised during and after the trial. Some critics accused CIA of faking evidence to blame Libya.

Pan AM 103 is yet another example of Americans paying the consequences for a criminal federal government.

Wow... and radical Islam is short one Palestine, one Iraq and one Afghanistan for their trouble... Of course Lybia decided to back off the radical throttle shortly after the shooting started... and Iran's on waivers...

Oh sure, they've got 4 years off... while the US suffers the subversion of hostile, pro-Islamic terrorist control... but the odds are fairly certain that Americans will regain power in the Legislature and the Executive in 2012...

The Vincennes shoot down of the Iranian Airbus may have caused Pam Am flight 103 to brought down.
But the man the Scottish courts released, may have been framed, and has been diagnosed with cancer.

I agree with the Scottish courts with regards to releasing him,on humanitarian grounds.
I think many people in the World have a deeper respect for the Scottish legal system, as one that did the right , and humane thing,given the circumstances.

You're an idiot... There is no mercy component to this decision... the MAN MURDERED 300 INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEINGS... without MERCY for ANY OF THEM! In so doing HE FORFIETED HIS OWN RIGHT TO HIS OWN LIFE... 300 times OVER...

Now if the guy had spent 300 years in prison, repented from his sin; admitted his crime was a crime for which he had no justification... had he shown contrition and was at the end of paying for his last of 300 lives... and was someone decided to cut him some slack at the bitter end.... Fine.

But he was far from paying his earthly tab and he'll STILL OWE that tab in 5 million years of everlating anguich and damnation.

Last edited:

Specially since Abdel Baset Al-Megrahi was railroaded.

You're an idiot... There is no mercy component to this decision... the MAN MURDERED 300 INDIVIDUAL HUMAN BEINGS... without MERCY for ANY OF THEM! In so doing HE FORFIETED HIS OWN RIGHT TO HIS OWN LIFE... 300 times OVER...

Chill bro', equal justice under the law - 'member , you remember

Are you aware that William J. Crowe, The Captain of the Vincennes, did not serve one day for shooting down Iran 655 , all 288 civilians aboard die.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Forum List

Back