Palin supports Obama - new energy

Discussion in 'Energy' started by midcan5, Aug 30, 2008.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Palin on Obama by Philip Gourevitch

"Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. “The theme of our campaign was ‘new energy,’ ” she said recently. “It was no more status quo, no more politics as usual, it was all about change. So then to see that Obama—literally, part of his campaign uses those themes, even, new energy, change, all that, I think, O.K., well, we were a little bit ahead on that.” She also noted, “Something’s kind of changing here in Alaska, too, for being such a red state on the Presidential level. Obama’s doing just fine in polls up here, which is kind of wigging people out, because they’re saying, ‘This hasn’t happened for decades that in polls the D’ ”—the Democratic candidate—“ ‘is doing just fine.’ To me, that’s indicative, too. It’s the no-more-status-quo, it’s change.”"

Butting Heads: Palin on Obama: The Talk of the Town: The New Yorker

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Looks more like Obama supports HER policies !!!:rofl:

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    It seems Palin has a lot in common with Obama's stand on the energy issue. It will be interesting to see how the Republicans spin these statements.:badgrin:

4. Prometheus

Prometheus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What spin is required to use a little bit of common sense? Something Obama, and the left, have yet to display on the topic?

5. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    You say the left hasn't said anything yet in the way of common sense. The R VP Nom. agrees with Obamas plans what does that say about her and McCains idea to pick her.

6. Prometheus

Prometheus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Show me where she agrees checking your tire pressure will offset offshore drilling.

Palin supports drilling in AWR. Show me where Obama supports that.

She believes in responsible use or resources AND pursuing alternative fuel sources. So do I.

Until he shifted his position for political expedience (called egg on face), Obama was against offshore drilling at all, a stance pretty consistent with most on the left. Rather than responsibly use our resources while pursuing an alternative source of energy, the left wants to ram uneconomical, questionabley effective alternative fuel sources down our throats.

7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Your statement is a classic example of spin and deflection. If Obama makes statements about "new energy" he isn't using common sense, but if a Republican supports those same statements you don't have an answer or an explanation for it.

8. Prometheus

Prometheus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is this the Twilight Zone? I just gave you both an answer and an explantion and I most certainly used neither spin nor deflection.

Your personal attack in the face of responding to a post that clearly states what you deny it does most certainly qualifies as spin and deflection.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  9. Denny Crane

Denny Crane Obama/Biden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Pointing out your double standard is hardly a personal attack.

I was responding to the article that was posted while you went off on a tangent totally unrelated to comments quoted in the article, like tire pressure.

ANWR isn't new energy, it's a source for old unrenewable energy.

As for off-shore drilling mother nature is showing how unreliable that can be. Right now the off-shore platforms in the gulf are shut down.

10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089

And gas prices will now shoot up....