Palin Getting Death Threats

My IQ just dropped 50 points by reading the last 2 pages of this thread.

*Oh, OK, I lied, from reading the ENTIRE thread! :eek:

Despite this thread turning into prime Flame Zone material, surely we all agree that uttering death threats because they are someone's kid is utterly despicable.

Where we disagree (the royal "we", not "me and you") is that some think it's moral to vote for the winner of a dance competition based on who the contestants mother is. Others think that's utterly despicable.

Despite this thread turning into prime Flame Zone material, surely we all agree that uttering death threats because they are someone's kid is utterly despicable.

Where we disagree (the royal "we", not "me and you") is that some think it's moral to vote for the winner of a dance competition based on who the contestants mother is. Others think that's utterly despicable.

Interesting how priorities are different for conservatives and liberals. We think death threats based on some kids last name are utterly despicable. The liberals think voting someone because of their last name is utterly despicable. It's no wonder we never agree.

Interesting how priorities are different for conservatives and liberals. We think death threats based on some kids last name are utterly despicable. The liberals think voting someone because of their last name is utterly despicable. It's no wonder we never agree.

Interesting how the wingnut wants to ignore the fact that both liberals and conservatives have condemned the threats.

It must be hard to maintain your hatred when the facts prove you a liar

It is politics, as it is defined, if Bristol is recieving votes merely because of her association with her mother, who has a following all her own. In other words, if Palin followers vote for Bristol just because they (in the political realm) support Palin. THAT is political, because it has nothing to do with the quality of the dancing. I'm not saying it translates into American politics, but that doesn't prevent this contest from being at all political, which they usually are anyway. Although, I bet Palin would find a way to tie that in with her campain for pres. if she runs, and I bet her followers would eat it up, not that anybody else besides her hardcore base would care.

Last edited:

I am a liberal and this is what I think: Death Threats based on a kid's last name are utterly despicable and illegal. Voting someone because of their last name is stupid....but these kinds of shows where the audience votes are stupid to begin with....

I am a liberal and this is what I think: Death Threats based on a kid's last name are utterly despicable and illegal. Voting someone because of their last name is stupid....but these kinds of shows where the audience votes are stupid to begin with....
That's my position as well.

(Now, count on being called a right wingnut because we agree.)

Both liberals and rightwingers agree with the first. But some rightwingers think it's OK to vote for someone based on who their mommy is

Forum List

Back