Palin Explains Climate Stance

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Thoughtful and reasonable approach or political backtracking?

Chicago's Eugene Robinson (no accident he is out in front still attempting to minimize Palin and protect his fellow Chicago Way alumns...) wrote that Palin herself sought advice on a potential carbon trading market. Palin replies that what she was reviewing was nothing like the Cap n Tax measures being proposed by the Democrat Congress and at proponents in Copenhagen.

____

I’d like to thank Eugene Robinson for highlighting Alaska’s achievements on climate change [“Palin’s own ‘Climate- gate,’” op-ed, Dec. 15] and for noting that I’ve “treated the issue as serious, complex, and worthy of urgent attention,” while making “any number of pragmatic, reasonable, smart decisions as governor.” But he’s wrong to suggest that my views have somehow changed or that now I’ll have to “renounce” my past efforts.

Once again: I don’t deny that climate change is real. In creating a sub-cabinet to deal specifically with the issue, I said that “Alaska’s climate change strategy must be built on sound science and the best available facts and must recognize Alaska’s interest in economic growth and the development of its resources.” That goal made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me now.

____

Full article here:

Sarah Palin: My Letter to the Washington Post | Facebook

You know why Palin really quit? Because she knew she couldn't be elected as governor of Alaska after making a fool of herself and her constituents on the national stage.

Why do people care about Palin?

SHE QUIT ON HER CONSTITUENTS!

It appears there is some Palin backtracking here...

Last edited by a moderator:
spam.gif

When Palin gets in a jam and and considers just QUITTING on serving lunch...Sinatra steps in with a most excellent cullinary suggestion.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
spam.gif

When Palin gets in a jam and and considers just QUITTING on serving lunch...Sinatra steps in with a most excellent cullinary suggestion.

At least that shows some potential for humor! :lol:

Thoughtful and reasonable approach or political backtracking?

Chicago's Eugene Robinson (no accident he is out in front still attempting to minimize Palin and protect his fellow Chicago Way alumns...) wrote that Palin herself sought advice on a potential carbon trading market. Palin replies that what she was reviewing was nothing like the Cap n Tax measures being proposed by the Democrat Congress and at proponents in Copenhagen.

____

I’d like to thank Eugene Robinson for highlighting Alaska’s achievements on climate change [“Palin’s own ‘Climate- gate,’” op-ed, Dec. 15] and for noting that I’ve “treated the issue as serious, complex, and worthy of urgent attention,” while making “any number of pragmatic, reasonable, smart decisions as governor.” But he’s wrong to suggest that my views have somehow changed or that now I’ll have to “renounce” my past efforts.

Once again: I don’t deny that climate change is real. In creating a sub-cabinet to deal specifically with the issue, I said that “Alaska’s climate change strategy must be built on sound science and the best available facts and must recognize Alaska’s interest in economic growth and the development of its resources.” That goal made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me now.

____

Full article here:

lemme guess, it is a WIDE stance?

---,,,---

It is remarkable how Palin makes a post and within a few hours there are hundreds or even thousands of responses. She is benefiting from the same online presence that was so essential in helping elect Obama...

Jay Scott Carol: I HOPE YOU SENT THIS TO THE LIB PRESS AND FOX!!!
2 minutes agoNova ..the governor goes upside their head again...
about a minute agoTerri Schiavone well said Dan...i believe that to be soooo true. The people in power have such a great opportunity to evolve as great and humble humans yet they choose to cement themselves in
corruption....
about a minute agoGreg HEY NEWS FLASH,THE WEATHE & TEMPATURES....,,,,,THEY CHANGE.....WE CANT CONTROL IT,,,,,,AND WE AINT CAUSED IT,,,,IF THE WATER RISES A FOOT STEP BACK A FOOT.....
5 seconds agoSheena Vickers Hall Thank you for standing by your own standards......don't let them tear you down....lots of people are praying for you and your family.......Stay strong!!! God Bless you!!!
4 seconds ago

____

It is remarkable how Palin makes a post and within a few hours there are hundreds or even thousands of responses. She is benefiting from the same online presence that was so essential in helping elect Obama...

Jay Scott Carol: I HOPE YOU SENT THIS TO THE LIB PRESS AND FOX!!!
2 minutes agoNova ..the governor goes upside their head again...
about a minute agoTerri Schiavone well said Dan...i believe that to be soooo true. The people in power have such a great opportunity to evolve as great and humble humans yet they choose to cement themselves in
corruption....
about a minute agoGreg HEY NEWS FLASH,THE WEATHE & TEMPATURES....,,,,,THEY CHANGE.....WE CANT CONTROL IT,,,,,,AND WE AINT CAUSED IT,,,,IF THE WATER RISES A FOOT STEP BACK A FOOT.....
5 seconds agoSheena Vickers Hall Thank you for standing by your own standards......don't let them tear you down....lots of people are praying for you and your family.......Stay strong!!! God Bless you!!!
4 seconds ago

____

my cat's breath smells like cat fodder.

amazing, you can read it on my cat's facebook page.

My take is that Palin found herself buying into the global warming hype - or perhaps had an eye on federal dollars. Either one damages her Independent-Conservative street cred on this issue...

Forum List

Back