Palin and Husband - Friends of Terrorists

Had England won, yes, they would have been put in the history books as terrorists.

You didn't understand my post, although it was stated as simply as possible. It has nothing to do with the English government. The Founders hated a large central government period, and therefore made it as weak and limited as possible.

You didn't understand my post, although it was stated as simply as possible. It has nothing to do with the English government. The Founders hated a large central government period, and therefore made it as weak and limited as possible.

Actually, if you studied that era, you would know that half of them wanted the big corporate/industrialized nation that we have today and the other half wanted small independent farms that fed their local communities and their local governments governed them and the Federal Government did very little.

I like the idea of the small government that stays out of our affairs, but you really can't have this big industrialized superpower and also have a weak government. Can you?

I think they were talking about back in the day after we got independence before we ruled the world.

The fact is, over time, Corporations have taken over our country. You know it. Everyone knows it. The politicians don't even serve us anymore. They serve the corporate lobbyists. This is something the founders warned us about too yet I don't see you taking their warnings to heart.

My brother is the same way. He is a liberal, but he totally thinks corporations should not pay local taxes, only people should. He says, "that's why companies are leaving Michigan"

And I say to that, "just wait until the corporations figure out they can get it cheaper in Mexico than they can in tax free West Virginia.

Or wait till they realize West Virginia sucks! No waterways, no good schools, police, hospitals, etc. Very red neck area. So with taxes come a nice community with social services.

Anyways, Corporations will keep fighting until they pay zero taxes, even though they benefit from the government more than citizens do. Example? They benefit from our schools that are tax funded. So we get educated with tax dollars and they hire an educated work force.

I have so many other examples but don't want to ramble.

Actually, if you studied that era, you would know that half of them wanted the big corporate/industrialized nation that we have today and the other half wanted small independent farms that fed their local communities and their local governments governed them and the Federal Government did very little.

I like the idea of the small government that stays out of our affairs, but you really can't have this big industrialized superpower and also have a weak government. Can you?

I think they were talking about back in the day after we got independence before we ruled the world.

The fact is, over time, Corporations have taken over our country. You know it. Everyone knows it. The politicians don't even serve us anymore. They serve the corporate lobbyists. This is something the founders warned us about too yet I don't see you taking their warnings to heart.

My brother is the same way. He is a liberal, but he totally thinks corporations should not pay local taxes, only people should. He says, "that's why companies are leaving Michigan"

And I say to that, "just wait until the corporations figure out they can get it cheaper in Mexico than they can in tax free West Virginia.

Or wait till they realize West Virginia sucks! No waterways, no good schools, police, hospitals, etc. Very red neck area. So with taxes come a nice community with social services.

Anyways, Corporations will keep fighting until they pay zero taxes, even though they benefit from the government more than citizens do. Example? They benefit from our schools that are tax funded. So we get educated with tax dollars and they hire an educated work force.

I have so many other examples but don't want to ramble.

Actually if you studied the Constitution, which of course represents the consensus of the Founder's thinking, you'd realize that they hated a big powerful central government exactly as I have stated.

They also respected the rights of States to develop their own governments to provide whatever services those particular residents wanted. Therefore the People of Massachusetts could have a big fat bloated State government and the people of Virginia could have a nice lean one. And people who lived in Massachusetts who didn't like that could move to Virgina in Pursuit of Happiness and vice-versa.

It is only the "progressives" among us who insist on ignoring the Constitution and this have stolen our ability to pursue happiness as was intended.

Forum List

Back