Pain bitching thread.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
It hurts like a mo fo. Feels like someone has a rusty dull knife, stabbing the hell out of my wrist. Not a dull ache..stabbing shit that makes me grunt in surprise and tear up a tad. RA. That's my bitch and how it feels.

What about you? What hurts and like a stupid reporter with a mic, I ask "So..tell us HOW YOU FEEL and where does it hurt!"

:haha::icon_cry::mad-61::popcorn:

It hurts like a mo fo. Feels like someone has a rusty dull knife, stabbing the hell out of my wrist. Not a dull ache..stabbing shit that makes me grunt in surprise and tear up a tad. RA. That's my bitch and how it feels.

What about you? What hurts and like a stupid reporter with a mic, I ask "So..tell us HOW YOU FEEL and where does it hurt!"

THAT doesn't sound good. I hope you get some relief soon. Is your pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or maybe arthritis? I feel blessed to have NO lingering pain at the moment. I DO get some nasty feet and leg cramps while in bed sometimes, but thankfully the pain doesn't linger.

Almost five months ago, this happened to my left leg…

20190906_132458_Leg0.jpg
20190906_132042_Ankle1.jpg
20190906_131914_Ankle0.jpg

The following day, they installed a titanium rod in my tibia, and later that day, I was able to walk, to a limited degree. The bone hasn't really been much of a problem since then, but I'm still suffering from several secondary effects of the injury, and the surgery done to repair it. Oddly, a very big problem has been some very bad, very painful muscle spasms mostly in my right leg. It seems odd that I broke my left leg, and it is my right leg that, as a result, has been the source of most of my problems. The other significant issue has been that my left ankle (yes, on the leg that was broken) has been stiff and sore, and sometimes very painful. I think that's more a result of the surgery to put the screws in at the lower end of my titanium rod, than from the primary injury. The muscle spasms, I think, are primarily a result of my whole body being thrown out of whack, from the injury and its effect on my walking, and from being too sedentary.

Anyway, here's my leg the following day, after surgery, with the titanium rod in it.

20190908_112552_Leg6.jpg
20190908_112303_Leg4.jpg
20190908_112518_Leg5.jpg

View attachment 303584 View attachment 303585 View attachment 303586

The following day, they installed a titanium rod in my tibia, and later that day, I was able to walk, to a limited degree. The bone hasn't really been much of a problem since then, but I'm still suffering from several secondary effects of the injury, and the surgery done to repair it. Oddly, a very big problem has been some very bad, very painful muscle spasms mostly in my right leg. It seems odd that I broke my left leg, and it is my right leg that, as a result, has been the source of most of my problems. The other significant issue has been that my left ankle (yes, on the leg that was broken) has been stiff and sore, and sometimes very painful. I think that's more a result of the surgery to put the screws in at the lower end of my titanium rod, than from the primary injury. The muscle spasms, I think, are primarily a result of my whole body being thrown out of whack, from the injury and its effect on my walking, and from being too sedentary.

Anyway, here's my leg the following day, after surgery, with the titanium rod in it.

View attachment 303590 View attachment 303591 View attachment 303592
Yikes! Glad they were able to fix it.

I'm hoping to return to some kind of limited work in the very near future. Bad things happen to me when I am too idle for too long. My physical health and strength deteriorates, and so does my mental and emotional health. The longer I'm out of work, the worse it gets, and the harder it is to recover from it when I resume working. I've already been out f work for too long, and it's definitely taking a toll on me.

Last edited:

View attachment 303584 View attachment 303585 View attachment 303586

View attachment 303590 View attachment 303591 View attachment 303592
Bob, I'm so sorry your leg was broken and you are in pain. May I make a recommendation from my studies in human health 35 years ago?

Put your name on the prayer chain at church. That's a start.

If there is a gym in your location, check out their lifting stations to see if you can do things with your arms.

If you're on medicare and that option is too expensive, there's a lot you can do with your arms, even if you are sitting down. (2-pound weights are a good thing to have around. If not, use household objects, pots pans, anything with weight. Without any weights, start with arm circles going forward, and a little slow to start with, and stretch them gently. Add gentle reaches backward, then forward, backward, then forward. Stretch your fingers like a pianist does before jumping into a fast-moving Chopin piece or practicing "Great Balls of Fire."

After stretching, add movements requiring you to bend elbows, raise up, pull back, pull forward, right and left. This may seem tiresome, but I guarantee you, if you figure out as many different things as you can to do with your arms, stretching, lifting low weights, and bending gently putting your right shoulder to the front left, and the same thing with your opposite shoulder stretching front and left--anyway, after your session, you will feel better for working out with what you have. Moral support is everything in healing, and only you can give that gift to yourself in times of trouble. And I'll start by putting your broken bones on my prayer list for healing until you get your religious friends doing what they love to do best--helping a brother or sister get well. In the meantime, I'm going back to bed. Forgot to take my melatonin. lol

I'm hoping to return to some kind of limited work in the very near future. Bad things happen to me when I am too idle for too long. My physical health and strength deteriorates, and so does my mental and emotional health. The longer I'm out of work, the worse it gets, and the harder it is to recover from it when I resume working. I've already been out f work for too long, and it's definitely taking a toll on me.

I'm sorry, but what were you doing to cause a breaks like that?

THAT doesn't sound good. I hope you get some relief soon. Is your pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or maybe arthritis? I feel blessed to have NO lingering pain at the moment. I DO get some nasty feet and leg cramps while in bed sometimes, but thankfully the pain doesn't linger.
RA = Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can be very painful.

FYI

Last edited:
Bob, I'm so sorry your leg was broken and you are in pain. May I make a recommendation from my studies in human health 35 years ago?

Put your name on the prayer chain at church. That's a start.

Done.

If there is a gym in your location, check out their lifting stations to see if you can do things with your arms.

If you're on medicare and that option is too expensive, there's a lot you can do with your arms, even if you are sitting down.

I'm getting weekly physical therapy sessions, paid for by workers' comp.

I know you've been suffering for quite some time. From my understanding, RA can cause very severe, unrelenting, almost toothache-intensity pain at times, especially in the wrists.

I can only hope you find some degree of relief soon.

Personally, the only pain I have been suffering lately is due to emotional stress caused by the unexpected recent deaths of my baby sister and then my mother just a few months later. Just heartache.

Enough to make me weep in sorrow sometimes, but no high-intensity stabby physical pain like you are going through.

Peace

Last edited:
Sometimes making what hurts into a convo, helps. Or better yet, making it your bitch and you can cuss it out. Hence..this thread. Not for pity or to garner attention....its just to speak out loud about it and making it your bitch. So..take that, RA!!! And for the others suffering...beat that sucker with verbal attacks, lol. It sorta feels good venting about it. :)

Sometimes making what hurts into a convo, helps. Or better yet, making it your bitch and you can cuss it out. Hence..this thread. Not for pity or to garner attention....its just to speak out loud about it and making it your bitch. So..take that, RA!!! And for the others suffering...beat that sucker with verbal attacks, lol. It sorta feels good venting about it. :)
Put a hex on RA and voodoo it into oblivion.

Storm the fuckin' beach with heros, angels and demons!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back