Pacific Ocean radioactive

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what does this mean for the other three oceans? Can they be hit too?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what does this mean for the other three oceans? Can they be hit too?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I assume, since the oceans are all joined, the radiation can spread further round the globe. But I don't really know.

So basically seafood from the Gulf is laced with petroleum pollution, seafood from the Pacific is radioactive, it makes you ponder if the benefits of eating seafood are cancelled out by the corruption of the environmental damage done to the organisms we feast upon.

This is so sad. Everybody knew this is what would happen. All nuclear plants do is boil water. When we can boil water from the sun with concentrating reflectors, or extract heat from geothermal (Japan has the 1/3 largest geothermal resources in the world) to boil it, there is NO EXCUSE for building one more single nuclear plant, large or small. Cogeneration of fossil fuels and linear solar thermal power is the answer in rainy climates. Britain needs to get its act together.

Wonder how Tokyo is doing? I'm sure the pollution is just limited to the entire Pacific Ocean.

This is so sad. Everybody knew this is what would happen. All nuclear plants do is boil water. When we can boil water from the sun with concentrating reflectors, or extract heat from geothermal (Japan has the 1/3 largest geothermal resources in the world) to boil it, there is NO EXCUSE for building one more single nuclear plant, large or small. Cogeneration of fossil fuels and linear solar thermal power is the answer in rainy climates. Britain needs to get its act together.

Wonder how Tokyo is doing? I'm sure the pollution is just limited to the entire Pacific Ocean.

All nuclear plants do is boil water.

And they do it very well. As needed.

When we can boil water from the sun with concentrating reflectors

Unless it's cloudy. Or nighttime.

or extract heat from geothermal

In a few areas. But it's messy and dirty.

there is NO EXCUSE for building one more single nuclear plant, large or small.

If CO2 makes you cry and you like reliable energy, nuclear is fine.

I knew this would happen eventually. That time I peed in the ocean at Revere Beach when I was 5 has finally made it to the Pacific. We're all doomed now.

All nuclear plants do is boil water.

And they do it very well. As needed.

When we can boil water from the sun with concentrating reflectors

Unless it's cloudy. Or nighttime.

or extract heat from geothermal

In a few areas. But it's messy and dirty.

there is NO EXCUSE for building one more single nuclear plant, large or small.

If CO2 makes you cry and you like reliable energy, nuclear is fine.

We have better nuclear power plant designs than that used at Fukushima. Those old nuke plants would have been replaced a longtime ago but were not because, ironically, of antinuke protesters raising a snit.

Forum List

Back