P90x

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
Does anyone use this? I got some copies of it and am waiting for the pull up bar I ordered to come in the mail...looks pretty intense.

I'm in pretty good shape as it is figured doin this can't hurt...anyone else use this program?

I used the P90 first, then upgraded to the P90x. If you don't take the supplements or similar supplements, and if you don't follow the diet program, you won't see optimal benefits. Yes, the workouts are intense. The test they give you to see if you are able to do P90x is misleading. P90x requires a great deal of stamina. However, the results are phenomenal. I lost nearly 25 pounds and toned up every part of my body. Just be ready to dedicate yourself to the program.

sweet...I hear good things about it. I use supplements ona daily basis as it is so that shouldn't be a problem. I downloaded the nutrition plan...it doesn't look that bad. Gonna give it a legit shot for a good 45 days and see what the results look like.

I started P90X last December and my weight has gone from 234 to 206. (I'm 6 foot even) Thanks to the aerobic intensity of the workouts, I'm able to jog twice as far as I was before. Really!

I used to be into weight lifting and jogging but got out of shape the last 10 years or so.

But be careful: The Plyometrics and Kenpo workouts are pretty extreme. I twisted my knee doing Plyometrics and it took 6 weeks to heal.

I would suggest doing Cardio 1-2 or Cardio 3-4 at first. I was so out of shape I couldn't get past 15 minutes but after about 3 weeks I was able to do it non stop. It's a pretty good 36 minute workout.

Then I moved on to the suggested routine. I also had to change my diet completely, but that's another story!

Good luck!

yeah, the diet plan looks pretty good.

Looking forward to it..I want my iron gym to come so I can give the gym a break and stay at home and try this program out.

I hate the gym, thats why i'm trying this out

My wife and I are just finishing P90X. My 15 year old son has also been doing it and ahe just recruited our 21 year old daughter (son is a wrestler, daughter used to be a VERY competitive swimmer).

I would say our adherence to the the diet was so-so. Not strict certainly, although we eat real food all the time, no boxes or mixes, no prepackaged or processed. So, maybe that is strict to some people. The results have been phenomenal. I've been in good shape before. When I was in the Infantry, I was pretty tough and wiry, but nothing like this. As an example, when we started I could do 1 legit pull up. In today's leg and back session, I did 100 legit pull ups and chin ups.

I will admit, we didn't do the ab exercises nearly as much as we should. We're planning to do that at the end in the two weeks before we really start up again. There are a lot of things that impact the abs so, they're pretty good anyway.

We're getting ready to order P90X Plus.

Forum List

Back