P.M. under siege in graft scandal

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calls for Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo to resign intensified Tuesday amid a burgeoning graft scandal involving a deceased businessman who reportedly testified that Lee took a large sum of money while he was running for a parliamentary seat two years ago.

Korean daily the Kyunghyang Shinmun released a lengthy script and audio file of the late Keangnam chairman Sung Woan-jong accusing Lee of taking 30 million won at his campaign office in 2013. Lee was seeking to reenter politics through a by-election at the time after suffering from blood cancer.

Lee denied the claim, reiterating that he was neither close to him nor received the money. The premier also said he would take part in the prosecution’s probe, amid opposition lawmakers demanding he step down from his post.

“If any evidence that (I) received the money show up, I will end my life,” he said during an interpellation session at the National Assembly.
P.M. under siege in graft scandal

Our cultures are so different in some ways. I'm reading through this thinking: the guy threatened to kill himself and that appears normal.

If more Americans vowed to end their life if they were involved in graft there could be a lot less graft.

Forum List

Back