OWS'ers: Work is available; You are missing out.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

OWS is doing a great job of drawing attention to this fact.

It could be because no one broke the law you moron!

OWS is a bunch of idiots, of which I'm sure you relate to very well, they are protesting the wrong bunch of people. they should be protesting OBAMA and his minions!!!

Target Job Application Sign In

1300+ jobs, and thats just with one global CORPORATION. Good pay. Flexible hours. 401(k). Benefits.

Yep. Target has listed on their Job Application site 1,346 jobs. It's not a glamorous career. You'll be helping an evil corporation earn evil, wicked profits. But you'll get paid a decent wage. Get benefits and 401(k) (aka, investments). Sure, you'll start at entry level, but can work you way up. Like EVERYONE else in the good positions had to do.

Most will mock this thread. Many will give excuses about why they would never do it. Others will blame Wall Street, Target, George Bush, or anyone BUT themselves.

Good pay: Just above minimum wage.
Flexible hours: Easily done cause none is full time
401k: Comes out of employee paycheck that already is not big enough to live on

Then get TWO jobs LAZY AZZ.. like my father did and his father before him. WTF is wrong with you????

1300+ jobs, and thats just with one global CORPORATION. Good pay. Flexible hours. 401(k). Benefits.

Yep. Target has listed on their Job Application site 1,346 jobs. It's not a glamorous career. You'll be helping an evil corporation earn evil, wicked profits. But you'll get paid a decent wage. Get benefits and 401(k) (aka, investments). Sure, you'll start at entry level, but can work you way up. Like EVERYONE else in the good positions had to do.

Most will mock this thread. Many will give excuses about why they would never do it. Others will blame Wall Street, Target, George Bush, or anyone BUT themselves.

Then get TWO jobs LAZY AZZ.. like my father did and his father before him. WTF is wrong with you????

No shit!!! When my children were young I did exactly that to make ends meet.

Thank God that isnt necessary anymore.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar derivatives Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy, and NO ONE WENT TO JAIL FOR IT.

OWS is a bunch of idiots, of which I'm sure you relate to very well, they are protesting the wrong bunch of people. they should be protesting OBAMA and his minions!!!

A £516 trillion derivatives ‘time-bomb’
Not for nothing did US billionaire Warren Buffett call them the real ‘weapons of mass destruction’

By Margareta Pagano and Simon Evans
12 October 12 2008

The market is worth more than $516 trillion, (£303 trillion), roughly 10 times the value of the entire world’s output: it’s been called the “ticking time-bomb”.

It’s a market in which the lead protagonists – typically aggressive, highly educated, and now wealthy young men – have flourished in the derivatives boom. But it’s a market that is set to come to a crashing halt – the Great Unwind has begun.

Last week the beginning of the end started for many hedge funds with the combination of diving market values and worried investors pulling out their cash for safer climes.

Some of the world’s biggest hedge funds – SAC Capital, Lone Pine and Tiger Global – all revealed they were sitting on double-digit losses this year. September’s falls wiped out any profits made in the rest of the year. Polygon, once a darling of the London hedge fund circuit, last week said it was capping the basic salaries of its managers to £100,000 each. Not bad for the average punter but some way off the tens of millions plundered by these hotshots during the good times. But few will be shedding any tears.

The complex and opaque derivatives markets in which these hedge funds played has been dubbed the world’s biggest black hole because they operate outside of the grasp of governments, tax inspectors and regulators. They operate in a parallel, shadow world to the rest of the banking system. They are private contracts between two companies or institutions which can’t be controlled or properly assessed. In themselves derivative contracts are not dangerous, but if one of them should go wrong – the bad 2 per cent as it’s been called – then it is the domino effect which could be so enormous and scary.

A £516 trillion derivatives ‘time-bomb’ « Did You Know

A £516 trillion derivatives ‘time-bomb’
Not for nothing did US billionaire Warren Buffett call them the real ‘weapons of mass destruction’

By Margareta Pagano and Simon Evans
12 October 12 2008

The market is worth more than $516 trillion, (£303 trillion), roughly 10 times the value of the entire world’s output: it’s been called the “ticking time-bomb”.

It’s a market in which the lead protagonists – typically aggressive, highly educated, and now wealthy young men – have flourished in the derivatives boom. But it’s a market that is set to come to a crashing halt – the Great Unwind has begun.

Last week the beginning of the end started for many hedge funds with the combination of diving market values and worried investors pulling out their cash for safer climes.

Some of the world’s biggest hedge funds – SAC Capital, Lone Pine and Tiger Global – all revealed they were sitting on double-digit losses this year. September’s falls wiped out any profits made in the rest of the year. Polygon, once a darling of the London hedge fund circuit, last week said it was capping the basic salaries of its managers to £100,000 each. Not bad for the average punter but some way off the tens of millions plundered by these hotshots during the good times. But few will be shedding any tears.

The complex and opaque derivatives markets in which these hedge funds played has been dubbed the world’s biggest black hole because they operate outside of the grasp of governments, tax inspectors and regulators. They operate in a parallel, shadow world to the rest of the banking system. They are private contracts between two companies or institutions which can’t be controlled or properly assessed. In themselves derivative contracts are not dangerous, but if one of them should go wrong – the bad 2 per cent as it’s been called – then it is the domino effect which could be so enormous and scary.

A £516 trillion derivatives ‘time-bomb’ « Did You Know

I see no crimes being committed.

1. The complaint of OWS is not "I don't have a job." (Most of the participants do have jobs.)

2. There are fewer jobs than there are unemployed people.

1. The complaint of OWS is not "I don't have a job." (Most of the participants do have jobs.)

If there are more unemployed people than there are jobs, then why are there still jobs?

It seems to me that there are people out there that simply refuse to work. Where I'm from we call those people democrats.

If there are more unemployed people than there are jobs, then why are there still jobs?

It seems to me that there are people out there that simply refuse to work. Where I'm from we call those people democrats.

They don't want jobs. We're all out here busting our asses and making it.. doing what we have to do. That kind of work ethic isn't a part of the OWS/Leftist mentality. They are the "Entitlement Generation."

Ah so..you think it's a good idea for newly minted professionals (With huge debt) take minimum wage jobs?

Like a doctor becoming a butcher?

Good stuff. The race to the bottom continues!

My parents raised me to believe ANY honest paying job is a good job.. You leftist are like spoiled rotten brats. You expect handouts and to be given every damn thing in life. It doesn't work that way.

Same here, and they lived what they preached. My dad ran his decent sized farm, worked fulltime nights at the cement plant, and we still spent Saturday afternoons driving around looking for scrap metal to buy and sell, or an old rotted out car that he knew would someday be worth something. He worked his nuts off to provide what he did, and that was over 65 yrs ago. Times haven't changed, the willingness to just shut the fuck up and do what it takes has been lost by way too many.

Ah so..you think it's a good idea for newly minted professionals (With huge debt) take minimum wage jobs?

If their so called dream job is not being provided by the market currently, I expect them to take any job they can get and more than one if they need to after all that is what adults do.

Those dream jobs are getting shipped overseas thanks to tax cuts and lax regulations.

Well its better then that. A college grad goes to work for a minimum wage job for 2 years, after that interviewers for real jobs start asking him 'why should I hire you, you havent done anything in your field for 2 years'?

Fucking American elitist mentality makes me sick. All the people bitching about the OWS and 'take a entry level job at target' are one fucking layoff from being in the same boat.

I love that sort of attitude as well. Mark Zuckerberg was complaining about a lack of skilled coders in the US. Well..wonder why that happened?

:lol:

This sort of brain drain is going to be the downfall of US technical superiority.

Good job boys!

:clap2:

Well its better then that. A college grad goes to work for a minimum wage job for 2 years, after that interviewers for real jobs start asking him 'why should I hire you, you havent done anything in your field for 2 years'?

Fucking American elitist mentality makes me sick. All the people bitching about the OWS and 'take a entry level job at target' are one fucking layoff from being in the same boat.

I love that sort of attitude as well. Mark Zuckerberg was complaining about a lack of skilled coders in the US. Well..wonder why that happened?

:lol:

This sort of brain drain is going to be the downfall of US technical superiority.

Good job boys!

:clap2:

its because high level coding is actually hard, thankless work, and the current crop of job entrants shy away from majors that require actual dedicated work to pass.

Because those two statements are not mutually exclusive.

Why?

Hypothetical example.

A community has 1,000 unemployed people 10 of whom are qualified to work as computer engineers. I start a new company and offer 100 jobs for computer engineers. I fill 10 of them; no one with the proper qualifications applies beyond those 10, because that's all the community has.

There are now 990 unemployed people (the original 1000 minus the 10 computer engineers I hired), and 90 unfilled jobs.

Does that explain why the two statements are not mutually exclusive, or should I explain further?

Last edited:

Why?

Hypothetical example.

A community has 1,000 unemployed people 10 of whom are qualified to work as computer engineers. I start a new company and offer 100 jobs for computer engineers. I fill 10 of them; no one with the proper qualifications applies beyond those 10, because that's all the community has.

There are now 990 unemployed people (the original 1000 minus the 10 computer engineers I hired), and 90 unfilled jobs.

Does that explain why the two statements are not mutually exclusive, or should I explain further?

No actually it doesn't.

You're assuming that the only jobs that are available are ones that requires specialized education or experience. And it's not true. Target I'm sure would hire anyone with a high school diploma or equivelent as would Subway, Wal-mart etc....

If their so called dream job is not being provided by the market currently, I expect them to take any job they can get and more than one if they need to after all that is what adults do.

Those dream jobs are getting shipped overseas thanks to tax cuts and lax regulations.

So then you're saying that the OW Sheep actually do want manufacturing jobs?

Why?

Hypothetical example.

It ignores the synergistic effect of those 10 people being hired as well. Also if you have to go outside the community, those 990 computer engineers have to live somewhere, eat somewhere, buy a car somewhere, etc. You gain construction jobs in the short term, and other support jobs in the long term. More people means more need for store clerks, waiters, more plumbers, and even more government jobs like cops and firemen.

And thats the problem. Were getting the government were paying for.

Its still work, the old "foot in the door". Also, you dont know if target does matching or not on the 401k.

As I recall, they matched if you left your money in Target stock. It may be different now.

Does anybody else wonder why Bucs90 is so hateful of people whom he has never met, never will meet, who never did a thing to him etc...? Wow.

Forum List

Back