OWS is RACIST!!!!!

Occupy Wall Street Doesn't Adequately Represent Struggling Black Population, Experts Say
Occupy Wall Street Doesn't Adequately Represent Struggling Black Population, Experts Say

With so many African Americans and Latinos out of work and bearing a disproportionate share of the recession's impact, it would seem that Occupy Wall Street might have particular appeal to people of color. But even Wednesday night, when the Occupy Wall Street movement brought together its original organizers, students and union members who do everything from drive the city’s buses to mop its hospital floors, the crowd remained overwhelmingly white.

I just find this fucking hilarious.
What do you want them to do? Bus them in?
No one is keeping them away, so show me where they are telling them to stay home?

There is plenty of info out there on when the events will be held and where, maybe the African Americans should get themselves there or maybe they don't want to do. But I have no clue how it proves they are racist. :lol:

Nothing in the article suggests that the OWS movement is racist/racially insensitive/ bad for racial minorities. Not representing a viewpoint is not the same as opposing a viewpoint.

And yet... when it was the TEAs.... we had liberal commentators sobbing about the 'racists' on the rampage... Nancy cried about how scared she was.

Typical leftist ranting. When the right protest - we're racists. When the left protest - that's 'democracy in action'.

It is the absolute total hypocrisy that makes me laugh.

And yet you guys are doing the very thing you are bitching about. Way to be the better person.:clap2:

Funny thing is, I just googled photos of Occupy Wall Street photos, and there were many pictures of African Americans at the protest. :lol:

The Busses Finally Arrived!

Praise the SEIU!

With so many African Americans and Latinos out of work and bearing a disproportionate share of the recession's impact, it would seem that Occupy Wall Street might have particular appeal to people of color. But even Wednesday night, when the Occupy Wall Street movement brought together its original organizers, students and union members who do everything from drive the city’s buses to mop its hospital floors, the crowd remained overwhelmingly white.

No one is keeping them away, so show me where they are telling them to stay home?

There is plenty of info out there on when the events will be held and where, maybe the African Americans should get themselves there or maybe they don't want to do. But I have no clue how it proves they are racist. :lol:

Can't bring yourself to apply the same logic to the TEA Party, though, can you?

Nothing in the article suggests that the OWS movement is racist/racially insensitive/ bad for racial minorities. Not representing a viewpoint is not the same as opposing a viewpoint.

And yet... when it was the TEAs.... we had liberal commentators sobbing about the 'racists' on the rampage... Nancy cried about how scared she was.

Typical leftist ranting. When the right protest - we're racists. When the left protest - that's 'democracy in action'.

It is the absolute total hypocrisy that makes me laugh.

And yet you guys are doing the very thing you are bitching about. Way to be the better person.:clap2:

I believe the entire point of the thread was to make fun of the race card while pointing out the clear hypocrisy of the left on this very issue. Not a single person here (I hope) thinks these people are all racists but the media does not focus on skin color unless Republicans are protesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Y9CARUwio]Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street Protest [CLEAN VERSION] - YouTube[/ame]

I believe the entire point of the thread was to make fun of the race card while pointing out the clear hypocrisy of the left on this very issue. Not a single person here (I hope) thinks these people are all racists but the media does not focus on skin color unless Republicans are protesting.

Indeed. And the best way to sum it up is:

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture4021-thats-racist.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI]Occupy Atlanta Silences Civil Rights Hero John Lewis! - YouTube[/ame]

The blacks and Hispanics will show up when the looting starts.

And shooting. Looting and shooting, right Tank?

Have you ever personally been in a riot Salt?

Personally witnessing the actions of others?

I was ten. 4 to a car, shotguns out the windows. Black smoke in the background, sirens everywhere. The Brothers were upset the police raided an after hours bar.

Can't bring yourself to apply the same logic to the TEA Party, though, can you?

Yep, that is it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Y9CARUwio]Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street Protest [CLEAN VERSION] - YouTube[/ame]
You guys still posting that ONE guy? :lol:

You guys ask us why people haven't said anything to him, while the right keeps giving him attention.

And it seems they have recognized that the minorities are not involved and some are now doing something about it.

Occupy the Hood Aims to Bring More Minorities Into the Occupy Wall Street Fold - New York News - Runnin' Scared

In response to OWS's crunchy white image, two activist friends based in Detroit and New York have started a sub-movement called Occupy the Hood, which is focused on bringing minorities into the protest.

We just heard about Occupy the Hood today through Twitter, which the leaders have been using to spread their message over the last two weeks. And the message has apparently started to blow up in recent days; Uhuru said she fields calls from every major city in the country and recently heard from California congresswoman Maxine Waters. According to Rhasaan, who was down at Zuccotti when we spoke, he's been bringing in people off the street every day, and noticing Occupy the Hood's influence in other ways.

"There are white kids out here holding signs saying 'Occupy the Hood,'" he said. "It's a family thing."

Wow! It looks like people are doing something about the minorities not being involved.

The blacks and Hispanics will show up when the looting starts.

And shooting. Looting and shooting, right Tank?

Have you ever personally been in a riot Salt?

Personally witnessing the actions of others?

I was ten. 4 to a car, shotguns out the windows. Black smoke in the background, sirens everywhere. The Brothers were upset the police raided an after hours bar.

Yes, in Baltimore 1968. I grew up in rural Maryland and we had our house shot up because my parents were pushing to integrate the county swimming pool, the pool was closed instead.

I lived in south central LA/Compton, CA during the Rodney King riots. I could never figure out why if your mad at Simi Valley why not burn down Simi Valley?

From their Facebook page.

Occupy The Hood stands in Solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street
movement... It is imperative that the African American voice is heard
at this moment! We must not be forgotten as the world progresses to the next economical stage. We can all agree that the voices in our
communities are especially needed in this humanitarian struggle. We
are our future and we posses the energy needed to push the occupy
movement to the next phase.

Occupy The Hood - Info | Facebook

I like the part where they state over and over on their Facebook page they stand in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street. I guess a few should have done a lot of research, especially California Girl since she never goes on the word of the media.

Forum List

Back