Overpaid Public Servants

Wealth redistribution has never worked. The best system (capitalism) is imperfect but beats the hell out of the utopia you seem to imagine can be found elsewhere. You have to wonder why countries like Hungary, Czech Republic and Latvia aren't hard at work trying to recreate the Soviet dream.

Western Europe has 36% higher living standards then America
so if never working you mean increasing living standards you'd be correct

I thanked you because you seem desparately to want something you don't deserve. I can afford to be charitable but don't push it.

Statistics mean nothing. Have you ever lived in what the French call an HLM?

Wealth redistribution has never worked. The best system (capitalism) is imperfect but beats the hell out of the utopia you seem to imagine can be found elsewhere. You have to wonder why countries like Hungary, Czech Republic and Latvia aren't hard at work trying to recreate the Soviet dream.

I thanked you because you seem desparately to want something you don't deserve. I can afford to be charitable but don't push it.

Lovely that you response is “reality means nothing”

My question was simple. What can you tell me of this European reality that you seem so anxious to recreate in the US?

About the bus driver, he made $100,000 a year, while me being a federal LEO made $50,000. How in the hell is that even possible?

$50K a year working 40 hours a week is roughly $24/hr. If you were to work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week (3640 pay hours for the year) and not take sick days or vacation, you would get $91,200 for the year. Now, add in some 6th days and 7th days where the entire day is 1.5X or 2X, and it's very easy to see how someone, like you, could make $100K a year.

Assuming they wanted to put forth the effort.

My question was simple. What can you tell me of this European reality that you seem so anxious to recreate in the US?

That it has 36% higher living standards, of which your response was “reality is meaningless”

I put some money in the bank and earn less than 1% interest.

The bank loans my (and your) money at interest rates as high as 18%.

Banks bundle home loans and sell them to brokers who sell them to someone else. When the loan goes to foreclosure the bank still has its profit, the broker his profit and the home owner and the unwitting investor not a damn thing.

Anyone with a brain has taken their savings and moved it into a local bank or credit union.

I put some money in the bank and earn less than 1% interest.

The bank loans my (and your) money at interest rates as high as 18%.

Banks bundle home loans and sell them to brokers who sell them to someone else. When the loan goes to foreclosure the bank still has its profit, the broker his profit and the home owner and the unwitting investor not a damn thing.

Anyone with a brain has taken their savings and moved it into a local bank or credit union.

True and imagine how much more money each person would have at retirement if they took your exact scenario and deposited the money that SS takes away.

Forum List

Back