Our Wars In 2 Minutes

tombennett91

Rookie
Jan 18, 2016
Is war beyond our understanding? For several months I've read many different opinions on the subject throughout this forum (and others).

With this question in mind and being a film editor I created a video titled 'Our Wars In 2 Minutes'. This covers the wars since WW1 through to ISIS.

Having worked on this for months it be extremely rewarding to hear feedback from a community that has informed much of my knowledge on international conflicts!

Thanks for taking the time to watch it! It's especially nice to hear from someone who understand the blood and sweat that goes into a short project! Feel free to send of your work over :beer:

Thanks for taking the time to watch it! It's especially nice to hear from someone who understand the blood and sweat that goes into a short project! Feel free to send of your work over :beer:
I started when VHS was just released...all of that is the property of old man time...

Well done, but a little unclear as to the theme. Is it to depict both the futility and the necessity of war?

What common political factor does every American conflict in the bloody 20th century have? Every conflict happened during a democrat administration. Woodie Wilson swore to American mothers that he would never send their sons to fight in a foreign conflict and then he (or his wife) sent the Doughboys to save France from the Hun. The harsh treatment of the Germans after WW1 led to Hitler's rise to power and FDR ignored it for his first two terms. Wouldn't you know it, we had to save France from the Germans again within two decades. Harry Truman sent Troops to Korea based on an illegal executive order. His handling of the conflict bordered on the criminally inept. We lost about 50,000 Americans in three years and ended up where we started. LBJ had a better idea when he sent Troops to Vietnam. He set the rules so that the U.S. could win every battle and still lose the war.

So you're saying no conflict was carried out by a republican? The Afghanistan and Iraq wars would prove that to be wrong.

Been there and done that as have many members. You might consider a musical for the next work as you aren't going to compete with the news services or Hollywood on the topic of war. Actually, your footage is boring in spite of the effort involved.

Many Americans, certainly not all, are captivated by war. Our younger folks are smothered with electronic war and violence. Numerous protests are staged annually involving war and violence. The world itself is torn by war and the rumor of war. How much war does the average person really need to be made aware of. Frankly, from my perspective, there is no need for a hell of a lot more documentation of and involving war. Am I a dove, no, I am not. However, it is obvious you are talented and take your work seriously as seen in the finished product. All I am stating is that it seems you devoted so much effort to a subject which has been exploited for years and if anything has fanned the spark of war even more, rather than lessened the condition. One can only see the little naked, napalm burned Vietnamese girl so many times and the immune factor sets in. I recently viewed a news service special on her as a grown up adult woman and listened to her interview. What a pleasure to see a mature woman, with nothing but decency coming from her mouth with regards to what happened many years ago. If she can recover, in spite of her wounds, why can't we? Humans are war like animals, more so than any other on earth, however humans are also capable of love, caring and assisting others, both human and the animal world. We simply spend too much time worshiping war. That is why so many warriors refuse to talk about it, they are aware of the truth and would love to see a change. Rehash of a rehashed rehash does nothing to eliminate the topic. Give it a rest.

Forum List

Back