Our schools haved decided to try and teach

Really! That's good news.

My son taught his granddaughter to write. People should be able to read, do simple arithmetic and at the very least, write their own names.

Her school was having none of it and had a conference on avoiding such interference.

What dey done haved did now?

Sorry, I too have butchered OP titles.

This is good news. The 3 Rs, baby!

Is there really any value in teaching cursive anymore? I always wondered why our alphabet has two ways of writing every letter. To my knowledge, other alphabets have only one. Other than signing my name, I haven't written anything in cursive in years, probably since I was a kid, so is it really worth the time teaching it anymore?

Is there really any value in teaching cursive anymore? I always wondered why our alphabet has two ways of writing every letter. To my knowledge, other alphabets have only one. Other than signing my name, I haven't written anything in cursive in years, probably since I was a kid, so is it really worth the time teaching it anymore?
The physical discipline of writing helps the brain to absorb knowledge. It's physiological. Writing in multiple styles would only enhance that discipline.

Our schools haved decided to try and teach
Perhaps they should focus on grammar.
That's racist.

We are going backwards. There was a time when only the highly educated could write. Being able to write and do it well was a mark of social status. Penmanship was an art form.

We could easily go back to a stratified society and give up this equality nonsense. Education will again belong to the wealthy few.

Learning how to write and learning cursive are not the same thing.

Forum List

Back