our country is doomed because of utter stupidity

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I just watched a show on the History Channel that claimed that 36% of Americans believe the US govt played a roll in the destruction of the twin towers on 9/11.

1/3 of our citizens are certifiable. Yet they also vote.....

WERE SCREWED

I just watched a show on the History Channel that claimed that 36% of Americans believe the US govt played a roll in the destruction of the twin towers on 9/11.

WERE SCREWED

It did.

Just who the fuck do you think funded Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan?

(however.. that 36% probably has a different idea about the "involvement")

It IS sometimes hard to believe how oblivious and incompetent Boooosh's administration was, and they did lie about Iraq, and the pub propaganda machine IS a disgrace. All I can really believe possible is they weren't worried enough, perhaps were looking for an excuse to go after Saddam (like the Cole), but didn't expect something as big as 9/11. Cheney IS a swine....but imho NO.

• Banned

WERE SCREWED

It did.

Yeah, their idea was about bombs and intentional demolition. It's nuts. And then to think these people vote and participate in everyday society is scary.

WERE SCREWED

It did.

Yeah, their idea was about bombs and intentional demolition. It's nuts. And then to think these people vote and participate in everyday society is scary.

Yep. Instead of using this as a cautionary tale about funding fruitcakes, even if we have the same aims..they prove themselves to be fruitcakes. And put a damper on any real discussion about how things really went wrong with 9/11.

WERE SCREWED
Yes, our Government supplied weapons to drug cartels in Mexico to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights and supported Al Qaida in Libya. Wells Fargo did launder 300+ billion in drug money. That much is true.

But the idea that our gov't trained and supported Al Qaida here on 9/11 is a "conspiracy theory" and "craaaaaaaazy talk!" :uhoh3:

Furthermore, while most people believe the Kennedy Assassination was a conspiracy, you can be rest assured that it was the only conspiracy in our entire country's history!

Many are the same people who believe Obama is a Kenyan Muslim Communist, or ACORN stole the the election. Fewer LW loonies around. The USA is a hotbed of ignorant conspiracy types.

• Banned

WERE SCREWED
Yes, our Government supplied weapons to drug cartels in Mexico to undermine our 2nd Amendment rights and supported Al Qaida in Libya. Wells Fargo did launder 300+ billion in drug money. That much is true.

But the idea that our gov't trained and supported Al Qaida here on 9/11 is a "conspiracy theory" and "craaaaaaaazy talk!" :uhoh3:

Furthermore, while most people believe the Kennedy Assassination was a conspiracy, you can be rest assured that it was the only conspiracy in our entire country's history!

I'm well aware we funded and armed them. That isn't the point of this thread or the poll, but I'm sure you knew that and just desired a party line fight. I'm not biting.

our country is doomed because of utter stupidity

I don't know about stupidity but the current level of hard hearted hatefulness just might do us in.

Ever wonder why we been getting hit with one catastrophe after another. Just look at the general spiritual condition.

WERE SCREWED

It did.

If you have the capacity for abstract thought you have to understand that the American intelligence agencies often make mistakes in judgment but it doesn't mean the Clinton administration conspired with the Bush administration to blow up the Twin Towers. Stalin was once an ally of the US. FDR even called him "uncle joe". The CIA supported Castro's revolution and then JFK tried to assassinate him. The US gave aid to Afghanistan rebels to keep Russia from taking over the country. NATO changed the government in Egypt and Libya and God knows how that will work out.

WERE SCREWED

It did.

If you have the capacity for abstract thought you have to understand that the American intelligence agencies often make mistakes in judgment but it doesn't mean the Clinton administration conspired with the Bush administration to blow up the Twin Towers. Stalin was once an ally of the US. FDR even called him "uncle joe". The CIA supported Castro's revolution and then JFK tried to assassinate him. The US gave aid to Afghanistan rebels to keep Russia from taking over the country. NATO changed the government in Egypt and Libya and God knows how that will work out.

NATO changed the government in Egypt and Libya and God knows how that will work out.

Not looking real positive so far, heh?

WERE SCREWED
If you have ever wondered why political speeches are written for those with the brain of a flee....

20 percent of Americans were still sure in 1999 that the sun revolved around the Earth.

21% believe in witches, 41% believe in ESP, and 32% in ghosts.

20% of Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.

Only 39% believe in theory of evolution.

Four in 10 Americans believe Obamacare has death panels.

Four years after the claims that Iraq had WMD's were debunked, 41% believed they existed.

In a NEWSWEEK's 2007 poll, barely half of Americans were correctly able to state that Judaism was older than both Christianity and Islam.

In a 2006 poll, more than three quarters of Americans could name at least two of the seven dwarfs, while not quite a quarter could name two members of the Supreme Court.

Sixty-three percent of young Americans can't find Iraq on a map, despite the ongoing U.S involvement there. Nine out of 10 can't find Afghanistan.

Three in four—can correctly identify Larry, Curly, and Moe as the Three Stooges. Only two out of five respondents, however, can correctly identify the executive, legislative, and judicial branches as the three wings of government.

Less than one in three believe that the constitutional right to freedom of religion was meant to apply to extremist or fringe groups.

Dumb Things Americans Believe - The Daily Beast

WERE SCREWED

Were screwd because of liberals who want everyone to vote for magical government and entitlements. Republicans have long tried to restrict voting to those who are qualified. Republicans promise only freedom while liberals promise money. Now you can understand the problem

WERE SCREWED

It did.

American intelligence serves at the pleasure of the American president. So you really got to wonder about some of the batshit crazy policies implemented from time to time.

I don't know about stupidity but the current level of hard hearted hatefulness just might do us in.

Ever wonder why we been getting hit with one catastrophe after another. Just look at the general spiritual condition.

Not sure about the second paragraph but the first is spot-on.

…to wit:

Were screwd because of liberals…

Not sure about the second paragraph but the first is spot-on.

…to wit:

Do you ever post a thought without including a superiority complex with it?

Do you ever post a thought without including a superiority complex with it?[/QUOTE]

Conservative intellectuals from Jefferson to Friedman to Rush Limbaugh think of liberals as stupid I'm afraid. Its easy enough to prove them right. Just ask a liberal to say something intelligent in defense of liberalism.

Forum List

Back