Oscar Ratings Expected to Drop even Lower

Markymark11

Feb 26, 2018
Midwest the Heartland
Oscar ratings down double digits hits 9-Year low in 2017 and could potentially see more dips in viewership.

Plunging ratings for the 60th Annual Grammy Awards were a history-making level of bad. ... That's a 24% drop from the previous year — the greatest year-to-year declines for the awards show since 2013. -Variety
Awards shows have been unable to avoid political moments, and viewers are tuning out. The audience for the Screen Actors Guild Awards, which began with host Kristen Bell mocking the first lady, plummeted 30 percent (they were also scheduled against an NFL playoff game). The Grammy Awards -- which mocked Donald Trump in a skit featuring celebrities and Hillary Clinton reading passages from Michael Wolff's unsubstantiated trash-for-cash book "Fire and Fury" -- was off 10 million viewers (24 percent) for an all-time low.- Daily wire

Oscar ratings down double digits hits 9-Year low in 2017 and could potentially see more dips in viewership.

Plunging ratings for the 60th Annual Grammy Awards were a history-making level of bad. ... That's a 24% drop from the previous year — the greatest year-to-year declines for the awards show since 2013. -Variety
Awards shows have been unable to avoid political moments, and viewers are tuning out. The audience for the Screen Actors Guild Awards, which began with host Kristen Bell mocking the first lady, plummeted 30 percent (they were also scheduled against an NFL playoff game). The Grammy Awards -- which mocked Donald Trump in a skit featuring celebrities and Hillary Clinton reading passages from Michael Wolff's unsubstantiated trash-for-cash book "Fire and Fury" -- was off 10 million viewers (24 percent) for an all-time low.- Daily wire
Those Old Westerns

I've never got into watching the Oscars. It's a bunch of people that are full of shit giving awards to each other.

Last night’s ceremony, which aired live from 8 PM – 11:54 PM EST, averaged 26.5 million viewers (Live+same day) . That was down -19% from last year’s 32.9 million viewers, a nine-year low. LMAO
I guess the Radical left is loosing steam and these Hollywood drones are up the creek with no paddle. My "guesstimation" was on point.

Last night’s ceremony, which aired live from 8 PM – 11:54 PM EST, averaged 26.5 million viewers (Live+same day) . That was down -19% from last year’s 32.9 million viewers, a nine-year low. LMAO
I guess the Radical left is loosing steam and these Hollywood drones are up the creek with no paddle. My "guesstimation" was on point.
As the Oscars was showing, I was watching "The Darkest Hour". But Marky, are you so desperate to put down the left you have to turn a boring TV show into a thermometer of politics?

As the Oscars was showing, I was watching "The Darkest Hour". But Marky, are you so desperate to put down the left you have to turn a boring TV show into a thermometer of politics?
Hollywood made that decision for me. They decided to be political and drag their lack of intelligence into it.

Who cares, don't watch

And ratings are down because of Netflix and Hulu, not 'political content.'

Same for the NFL.

Who cares, don't watch

And ratings are down because of Netflix and Hulu, not 'political content.'

Same for the NFL.
I dont watch and every year 15-20% more dont watch. im trying to point out how useless the radical left is.

Many years ago I enjoyed watching awards shows. I avoid awards shows now for the most part for a variety of reasons.
I watched as well, I like to see who won for the great job they did on these films. I mean back in the 80's it was understandable, suffering children in Africa, speaking out about the hungry in America, useless wars. I get it. But now its all useless, unintelligent rhetoric from these dumb ass actors who dont even have basic comprehension of economics and social science. I cringe listening to Meryl Sheep and Jimmy Kimballs.

Forum List

Back