Ortiz shot in Dominican Republic

This would have never happened if Congress wasn't wasting its time. Gun control now!

Ahhh...you do realize the Dominican Republic is not part of the United Sates.

And you realize that these burglars would have never been using a gun if someone had told them it's illegal, right?

But they wouldn't have been if they had been illegal long enough and enforcement was good enough.

I'm more or less pro gun rights even if the my local NRA types are a bunch of head in the sand behind the times loser hypocrites not standing up for anyone else's rights who look surprised when theirs get taken away.

That's all fine and well, I'm still having difficulty with the idea of any laws here having any influence in a different country.

Oh yeah. That's not my thing.

My guess is if you yell Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic enough at me and keep asking which is an American Territory I'll eventually give either answer or both. Especially if I've been watching enough baseball.

The Dominican has very stringent gun laws that prevent Open Carry and have become a lot more draconian.

Didn't do anything for the violence, if such preeminent citizen can get shot.

Reports: Former Red Sox star David Ortiz shot in Dominican Republic
He's black so"you know"...

Really?

I was under the impression that Mr. Ortiz was of the Hispanic race. Learning something new I guess.
To a republican he's a darkie so it really doesn't matter, Hispanics are just as predictable to the right as blacks ..(Dominican Republic has blacks also)...

This would have never happened if Congress wasn't wasting its time. Gun control now!

And you realize that these burglars would have never been using a gun if someone had told them it's illegal, right?

But they wouldn't have been if they had been illegal long enough and enforcement was good enough.

I'm more or less pro gun rights even if the my local NRA types are a bunch of head in the sand behind the times loser hypocrites not standing up for anyone else's rights who look surprised when theirs get taken away.

That's all fine and well, I'm still having difficulty with the idea of any laws here having any influence in a different country.

My guess is if you yell Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic enough at me and keep asking which is an American Territory I'll eventually give either answer or both. Especially if I've been watching enough baseball.

For some reason, a lot of Dominican peeps enter baseball. There are some Puerto Ricans in baseball, but more of those guys get into boxing or wrestling. They are pretty intent on settling once and for all the question of which country is greater, Mexico or Puerto Rico. I guess its sort of interesting, but most Americans can't really tell the difference between the two.

For some reason, a lot of Dominican peeps enter baseball. There are some Puerto Ricans in baseball, but more of those guys get into boxing or wrestling. They are pretty intent on settling once and for all the question of which country is greater, Mexico or Puerto Rico. I guess its sort of interesting, but most Americans can't really tell the difference between the two.
The Hispanics from different nations hate each other like the Yankees and Rebels did years ago..

The Dominican has very stringent gun laws that prevent Open Carry and have become a lot more draconian.

Logic failure. America has laws against drunk driving and since someone was killed by a drunk driver we should abandon them then?

Not that guns can be made illegal here w/o a new Amendment, we have the 2nd already and I'm not sure they really SHOULD be illegal. I just don't like flawed logic even if I suspect we support the same in the end.

It's your logic that's flawed, using the gun grabbers logic we would outlaw cars when people drive them drunk. The laws are irrelevant, it's the tool used in the crime.

We have the 2nd so we're not going to outlaw guns and I'm mildly for them being legal.

Now we do regulate the heck out of cars.

How about we make any crime committed with a gun or car eligible for the death penalty. A spinning wheel of death type of thing

Logic failure. America has laws against drunk driving and since someone was killed by a drunk driver we should abandon them then?

Not that guns can be made illegal here w/o a new Amendment, we have the 2nd already and I'm not sure they really SHOULD be illegal. I just don't like flawed logic even if I suspect we support the same in the end.

It's your logic that's flawed, using the gun grabbers logic we would outlaw cars when people drive them drunk. The laws are irrelevant, it's the tool used in the crime.

We have the 2nd so we're not going to outlaw guns and I'm mildly for them being legal.

How about we make any crime committed with a gun or car eligible for the death penalty. A spinning wheel of death type of thing
I insist that insurance for firearms be mandatory...

States like New York and Cally disagree, they call it "murder insurance" and have fought the NRA and others who look to market firearms insurance.

Nice deflection, you're ignoring the commies concentrating on the tool in case of guns and the person in drunk driving cases. The inconsistent approach by commies just proves they want to disarm the American public. Yet they fully know criminals will never give up their guns and any new laws would only effect the law abiding.

So you want to make self defense for the poor unaffordable. Wouldn't that be an illegal infringement of the right?

So you want to make self defense for the poor unaffordable. Wouldn't that be an illegal infringement of the right?

Why not we already tax food and shelter..

We also have section 8 and EBT cards for the indigent.

Should the poor be eligible for subsidized firearms insurance?

Sure why not as long as they don't own anything of value they need to sell to look poorer for Trump's steamy economy...

Puerto Rico hasn't been an independent country for more than 500 years. They were a Spanish colony and passed to a US protectorate after the Spanish/American war.

Puerto Rico hasn't been an independent country for more than 500 years. They were a Spanish colony and passed to a US protectorate after the Spanish/American war.

I can appreciate that, but Puerto Rico does have its own teams for the Olympics, so in the world of sports its considered a separate country.

Do you not understand the difference between insurance and a tax? Also if your food is taxed you're living in the wrong State.

Sure why not as long as they don't own anything of value they need to sell to look poorer for Trump's steamy economy...

The real problem isn't in having insurance, but the fact that Liberals actually fight outfits that want to sell this insurance.

The NRA is marketing policies to help people facing expenses due to their legitimate use of firearms, and states like New York are fighting it. A low cost, easily accessible source of insurance should definitely be available for gun owners.

I can appreciate that, but Puerto Rico does have its own teams for the Olympics, so in the world of sports its considered a separate country.

Funny, sports weren't part of your original comparison.

Forum List

Back