Orange Cats

Jackson Galaxy put out a new video this morning...

Orange Cat Behavior: The Truth About Orange Cats​

"When I set out to make a video on Orange Cat Behavior, I thought it was just going to be facts about orange cats. Little did I know, "Orange Cat Behavior" is a massive internet phenomenon! Thank goodness we have the Cat Daddy Dictionary to explain all about the cat meme that has taken the internet by storm - and the science behind it."

"Harry and Tonto" (1974)

Tonto is the star of the movie Harry and Tonto (1974), which is about an elderly widower and retired teacher named Harry who gets evicted from his apartment in New York City. Eventually, he decides to travel cross-country with his cat Tonto. The cat even won a PATSY Award for his performance. By the way, here’s a little fun fact we found for you. Apparently, Art Carney, the actor who played Harry, admitted to the director that he didn’t like cats. But Art ended up getting along with the cat, and eventually grew attached to him. When filming was over, Art even wanted to buy Tonto, but the trainer wouldn’t sell him.

How Harry and Tonto Made Art Carney a Cat Person

"Harry and Tonto" Trailer

Jones / Jonesy from "Alien"

Alien-JonesAndEllenRipley.png

Reportedly played by four different cat actors

Spoilers ahead...

Alien: Cat Scenes Only

Jones / Jonesy would be back in the sequel, "Aliens." Jones is rescued along with Ripley, but remains behind when she travels with the Marines to investigate the colony. He plays no further part in the story.

StrayVideoGame-00.jpg

One of the newer additions to the orange cat kingdom comes from a 2022 video game release called Stray where you get to play as a nameless orange cat who is separated from his family and tries to make it back home, and in the process saving what is left of "humanity."

A thread devoted to orange cats, a.k.a., gingers, reds, creams, marmalades, tigers, Garfields. Could be famous cats or personal cats you have cared for.

I have not owned a stereotypical orange cat (unless you count tortoiseshell), though that would be one of my cat goals (along with an all-black cat), but I take what I have been blessed with (Tortoiseshell, Russian Blue, Tuxedos, Himalayan, etc.). I do have a friendly neighbor cat that likes to hang out at my place from time to time. There also used to be another orange cat that would fight with my tuxedo cat, but I haven't seen that orange cat much since my tux cat perished.

• All orange cats are tabbies.
  • Orange cats are not a breed.
  • Orange tabbies can have various white coloring, or no white at all
  • Orange tabbies are predominately male, about 80% of the time (the orange coloring is a gene found in the X chromosome. Thus for a female cat to be orange requires both parents to have the orange gene.

More information and detail...

7 Facts You Didn't Know About Orange Cats

🐈

I had one for 18 years. Chucky.

My wife and I were adopted last year by an orange cat. He had been a stray around our apartment complex for several years, when he suddenly decided that he was our cat. We made it official, earlier this year, getting him chipped and registered to us, and putting him on our apartment lease.

ZSC_4672-DeNoiseAI-raw_5x4_Vivid_2000x1600.jpg
ZSC_4230-DeNoiseAI-raw.jpg
ZSC_4360-DeNoiseAI-raw_1500x1200.jpg
ZSC_3596-DeNoiseAI-raw_1200x1600.jpg
ZSC_6408-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen_5x4_2400x1920.jpg
ZSC_6471-DeNoiseAI-rawG2000x1236.jpg
ZSC_6502-DeNoiseAI-rawG2000x1236.jpg
ZSC_6803-DeNoiseAI-rawG.jpg
ZSC_6900-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpenG2000x1236.jpg
ZSC_7184-topaz-denoiserawG2000x1236.jpg
ZSC_7284_1693x2000.png
ZSC_7663-topaz-sharpen_3750Sq.jpg